woman

do i need permit to have wedding gathering at a public park?

hie all..

this is my first time posting here, have been lurking around to get ideas and feedback for quite some time hehe ~_~"

i'm quite a simple girl, not into those lavish glamorous type of wedding.. for example, a simple one like this picture can make me the happiest raccoon in the world..

3-paper-crane-garlands.jpg

i know a really nice public park in TTDI.. it is a really mature park, with great huge trees with roots that tell a million stories.. do any of you know if i have to apply for any kind of permit if i setup a wedding gathering in those type of park?

also, are there any wedding planners who do this kinda thing? it's not in any hotel or anything.. hahaha..

sounds crazy, i know ~_~" if any of u have any clue.. pls lemme know ya.. :D thankyou!!

I have seen someone did her wedding there but I am not sure how do they do it. Permit is definitely required, suggest you to engage a wedding planner to assist you in this.

It would be good if you can ask the management of garden personally before you make decision for decoration, as it is a public park. Hiring a wedding planner to help you from A to Z ^_^. Except hanging this folded papers, you may think of hanging ribbon tipped with paper flowers or fresh flowers.....very nice...with the green nature surrounding and the sunshine, please get a good photographer to capture precious memories....

Good luck

L

try to call mppj to ask about having wedding at TTDI park..

i will do mine at permaisuri lake garden, cheras. but my father help me to do all the nessesary application.

of cuz u nid a permit from the garden recreation in charge and the police.

Hi Woman,

I'm having the same idea as you! My fiance and I found a nice secluded garden in my housing area and thought that it would be the perfect simple venue for our garden wedding. Don't think it's as nice as the TTDI park but it's near to my house so it's great :D Have you found out how to go about applying for those permits? If yes could you share with me please? Appreciate it lots! :)

Hi Sweet Cat,

May I know who else I have to approach besides the police and DBKL (in my case)? It's a park in a housing area. Hope you can give me some advice as I wouldn't wanna spend more $ on a wedding planner :)

Thank you so much!

Hi Cherrystar,

actually besides DBKL (for public area rental) and police (for security), u also need to apply MACP (Public Performance if any) and PPM (sound system if u got use in public area).. if u didn't apply MACP and PPM, then if their enforcement ppl come kacau u.. u got to stop all activities..

Hi Jacky,

Thank you for your valuable advice! :lol: May I know where can I apply the MACP and PPM? I don't think we will be hiring any professional bands due to budget constraint. But we would be having short session of singing (most probably with guitar and amp). Do we still need the MACP?

Thank you so much for your help! Appreciate it :wink:

Chery, when i got married, I checked with MACP and the reply was that so long as your function is considered to be a private function (wedding, birthday), there is no need to pay royalities. But if its a company function, such as Annual Dinner, Team Building you need to pay royalties.

You can contact MACP at

http://www.macp.com.my/

As for PPM, you can also check with them at http://www.ppm.org.my/v2/main.asp?content=news&newsid=1

If these organisations do ask you to pay royalty, tell them that you will complain to the media and Michael Chong, cos I don't think its fair to ask individuals to pay royalties for private functions. Companies yes.

Hi CFA,

Wow, really? Thanks so much for the info! This could save us a few hundred bucks :lol:

I heard from a hotel that even weddings gotta apply for MACP (if our wedding is done in hotel), I think that is if a hire a band is it? Meaning if we just have our friend as a guitarist then it wouldn't be a problem?

Anyhow I will contact these companies when things are more firmed up.

Thank you so so much for your help! Appreciate it :wink: