Sign in to follow this  
Chinslee

Negative test but also can be pregnant?

i had a miscarriage on last Dec 09. Doc said hav to wait 3cycle period. B4 miscarriage my period is on time n never late is 31days. My 1st cycle is 31 days & 2nd is 24 days. My 3rd cycle is not coming yet & up to date is ord 31days liao. I have been feeling nausea, dizzy & sleepy more than usual. I had to a HPT dis morning & got a -ve. Am i too early to do the test & should i do the test again after few days?? Have any of u that got a -ve test but you're pregnant??

Your 3rd cycle is late by how many days? If it's less than two weeks, there could be a chance that your test may be negative due to insufficient amount of HcG. Suggest that you wait at least two weeks from your last period's DUE date to do the test instead of one or two days after the date. :)

my fren detected hers negative also...even go to clinic to test again, also negative but actually, she is pregnant dy.....i guess after 1-2weeks u check again...for me, my period is accurate so, when i was late a day, i go to clinic to test, show positive jor

my fren detected hers negative also...even go to clinic to test again, also negative but actually, she is pregnant dy.....i guess after 1-2weeks u check again...for me, my period is accurate so, when i was late a day, i go to clinic to test, show positive jor

thks, ice. thk you for ur info. So u PG nw? congratulations to u n ur fren.

My period still not come yet. i din do a new test. Mayb im scare :(

feel like dun knw my body anymore :(

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. I just want to share and get some advise from all the members here. Here goes my story..

I have been TTCing for the past 2 years. Had a miscarriage early last year. My period has been irregular all these while. And 6 months ago, I started seeing a Chinese physician and is on his prescription medications. After 3 months, my periods are more regular. However, I have missed my period for almost 3 months now. When I first did my urine test, I was a VERY faint positive line... I was a bit delighted.. however, when I tested again to be sure, it turns out to be negative. So i just ignore it thinking I saw wrongly the first time.

However, when I went for my appointment with the Chinese sinseh, he said I might be preggie. But i told him bout my test results, he advise me to wait till end of the month and go gynae for ultrasound.

I would like to ask, is any of the members here face the same prob as me? As in, false negative results but in fact you are preggie?

You can try doing the test immediately after you wake up in the morning (before drinking any water), use the middle of your urine stream i.e. pass out some first. Hcg levels are higher then. Or if you want to be really sure, can go to a gynae where they can do a scan.

nwp, you can wait till end of the month? If I were you, I wldn't be able to wait! :P You can try doing the test again tomorrow morning. At early stages, the hcg levels are not so high, and likely can only see a faint line. I personally would prefer to see gynae earlier so that can get the relevant supplements earlier, such as folic acid, if you're not already taking them.

Use ClearBlue Digital. It's the most sensitive test in town now and it will show the word "PREGNANT" if you hit the jackpot. No need to guess on the faint line anymore.

I did heard story from my gynae that he got patient oredy 3 mths pregnant n the HPT still shown negative :wacko3:

I also used HPT one day after my period due... it shown a very faint line... then my HB & I was so unsure & worry so we go to find gynae & did a scan & I get to know I am preggie while I was 4 weeks preggie [just abt from the scan just a very small dot....

So for those who unsure go straight to the gynae & ask for a scan...

I did heard story from my gynae that he got patient oredy 3 mths pregnant n the HPT still shown negative :wacko3:

I also used HPT one day after my period due... it shown a very faint line... then my HB & I was so unsure & worry so we go to find gynae & did a scan & I get to know I am preggie while I was 4 weeks preggie [just abt from the scan just a very small dot....

wsyrinrin, got such case before? i don't want to go see gynae so early. cos if it just few weeks old, can hardly see anything. tat happens during my first pregnancy. first scanning can't see. only can see the small dot 1 week later. but then miscarriage on the 6th week. maybe i just need to relax and go see gynae next 2 weeks. praying for good news one...

FYI, my last period for end Dec. and it's been 3 months dy... :(

wsyrinrin, got such case before? i don't want to go see gynae so early. cos if it just few weeks old, can hardly see anything. tat happens during my first pregnancy. first scanning can't see. only can see the small dot 1 week later. but then miscarriage on the 6th week. maybe i just need to relax and go see gynae next 2 weeks. praying for good news one...

FYI, my last period for end Dec. and it's been 3 months dy... :(

huh... I think is good to see gynae as ur period delay for 3 months oredy....

As mentioned I used the HPT one day after my period due it shown me a faint line... coz I suffering some pain at my lower abdomen so we go to see gynae & like what u said its a very small dot coz just 4 weeks old & gynae also mentioned its easily miscarriage at this stage & just ask me to monitor closely as long as I found any bleeding need to see him immediately... & he will put injection for me...

I & HB were so worries that week & take extra careful & just to confirm again one week later i bought another HPT to try this time shown me a strong & valid line we are so delight... :lol: