Sign in to follow this  
COCO WONG

All Laser Lasik

Hello.... I am a soon-to-be bride. I wish to undergo laser vision surgery before getting married. I read through all the procedures, information and understand it is a simple and painless surgery which can give me a better, clearer and shaper vision. I have been wearing contact lenses for the past 10 years and I can't wait to get rid of it.

I would like to have customized All Laser-Lasik surgery which is blade free. It is said the most advanced laser surgery today using the Intralase method. This treatment is very much suitable for me as I have a high prescription.

Both Optimax and Adventist Vision Centre in Penang offer All Laser Lasiksurgery. In terms of the cost, Adventist is slightly cheaper than Optimax as they are having promotion now - RM2988 per eye which is indeed a good deal.

Can anyone advice me the result of surgery done at Adventist Vision Centre? Is it reliable? Some said the staffs and doctor at Adventist are friendly and genuinely helpful.

Adventist or Optimax - which one should I choose?

Appreciate your feedback =)

Thanks,

COCO

Coco, if something is not broken, don't fix it. Our eyes are amongst our most important organs and right now, you can still make do with contact lens or even spectacles. My wife coliqs have go through Lasik, some have no complains but some have complains about teary eyes, or some even developed other complications such as "lou fah" i.e. old ppl eyes problem.

Was told that u have to sign a disclaimer / waiver before going through the operation. Meaning that they don't guarantee it will solve your eye problems and you can't sue them if there are complications. Do ask them if this is true and why?

IMHO, you should only go for Lasik if your job depends on it, model, pilot, scuba diving, etc.

My auntie did lasik about 8 yrs ago at Optimax TTDI & her vision still doing fine till now... :wub: I checked with an optometrist about the 'lou-fah'(reading problems), Lasik will not cause someone to be 'lou-fah' in future as it is an aging process instead, so no 1 is avoidable... :lol: But after Lasik might have some temp side effects like dry eyes & a bit light sensitivity but will subside over the time...

Now i am searching around to see which centre to choose, most likely will be going to Optimax since my auntie did it there... Anyone did Lasik at Optimax, any Dr. to suggest? Thanks 1st!