Sign in to follow this  
Thum

Reception in Melaka

I plan to have my wedding reception in Melaka May next year. Wondering which hotel should I choose.

My cousin had her wedding in Equatorial Melaka in 2009, experience was not bad.. The ballroom is grand (but a bit old, to be frank) and food was not bad. Just wondering is there is any other good recommendation hotel in Melaka?

Really appreciate if there is anyone has attended friends or relatives wedding in any Hotel in Melaka, maybe can share with me.. pls.. :wub:

I plan to have my wedding reception in Melaka May next year. Wondering which hotel should I choose.

My cousin had her wedding in Equatorial Melaka in 2009, experience was not bad.. The ballroom is grand (but a bit old, to be frank) and food was not bad. Just wondering is there is any other good recommendation hotel in Melaka?

Really appreciate if there is anyone has attended friends or relatives wedding in any Hotel in Melaka, maybe can share with me.. pls.. :wub:

Hi Thum,

A friend of mine had her wedding at Holiday Inn last year, but it was lunch at their 2nd level cafeteria. I think one thing good about it is you can avoid the jam compare to equotorial (always very bad jam at theold road in front of Mahkota there especially during weekends, but to Holiday Inn just need to go by the bridge). And, it's a new hotel, sure the interior design will be newer. Maybe you can try to get quotation from them.

And if happened that Malacca Club Melaka Raya is in your list, please don't take the risk. My parents and relatives just attended a wedding there. According to them, the ambience is quite nice, but the food served are towards the low quality side(RM600+ per table but you can get the same thing at restaurant for the most at RM400), and taste average only. They don't serve pork too.

And, are you happened be Thum C. H from GBS? :tongue:

Hi Thum,

A friend of mine had her wedding at Holiday Inn last year, but it was lunch at their 2nd level cafeteria. I think one thing good about it is you can avoid the jam compare to equotorial (always very bad jam at theold road in front of Mahkota there especially during weekends, but to Holiday Inn just need to go by the bridge). And, it's a new hotel, sure the interior design will be newer. Maybe you can try to get quotation from them.

And if happened that Malacca Club Melaka Raya is in your list, please don't take the risk. My parents and relatives just attended a wedding there. According to them, the ambience is quite nice, but the food served are towards the low quality side(RM600+ per table but you can get the same thing at restaurant for the most at RM400), and taste average only. They don't serve pork too.

Hi Qzeam,

Thanks for your suggestion, I agree with you on the traffic part as the last time I went to Makota there, the traffic was really bad. Actually I am planning to go Melaka soon to get more informationa as well as quotation from them as cost is actually one my concern. :oops:

The best in melaka is still Holiday Inn when it comes to ambiance and pillarless balroom. Yes...PILLARLESS!

Hi Amanda,

I agree with you, pillarless balroom is definately look more grand. Erm.. but I remember Equotorial is also pillarless.. Think I really need to go and take a look at all the hotel ballrooms.

Thanks also for the live bands recommended, will contact you guys if we are interested.

Hi Thum,

Hi Qzeam,

Thanks for your suggestion, I agree with you on the traffic part as the last time I went to Makota there, the traffic was really bad. Actually I am planning to go Melaka soon to get more informationa as well as quotation from them as cost is actually one my concern. :oops:

Ya if you stay in Bandar Melaka then you will know how bad the traffic is during weekends and public holidays. Maybe you can call/email the hotels in your list to ask for quotation and to get some information first. Then you can make some comparison at home. Save your time from going to each and every hotels in your list. :smile:

Sure Thum. Another good thing about HOliday Inn is that their technician is very helpful to us. Their Sound System is much better than Equatorial...so you will save on hiring external sound system if you hire a Band.

Equatorial's sound System is pretty bad...which is typical of 4-5 star hotels' Sound Systems.

Hi Amanda,

I agree with you, pillarless balroom is definately look more grand. Erm.. but I remember Equotorial is also pillarless.. Think I really need to go and take a look at all the hotel ballrooms.

Thanks also for the live bands recommended, will contact you guys if we are interested.

Traffic is heavy around Melaka Raya. An alternative location is Philea near Ayer Keroh toll. But I have not attended any wedding there, so can't comment on food & service.