ericalnh

"Get the bride" with Exchange of vows at the Beach (Langkawi)

I am absolutely clueless on this. Please help me out.

My actual day shall include get-the-bride (morning) --> exchange of vows ceremony at the beach, Langkawi (evening) --> dinner at the hotel.

I found out a bit funny to have the normal traditional way of get the bride session in the morning, and exchange of vows at the beach later in the evening time. But my mom can't accept as she said no brides "chut mun" in the afternoon wor.. how true is that?

The biggest problem is I only engaged my photographer to do night session. My hubby will be #$%&&*&^(* there if he knows I want to add on for the morning session.

I am absolutely clueless on this. Please help me out.

My actual day shall include get-the-bride (morning) --> exchange of vows ceremony at the beach, Langkawi (evening) --> dinner at the hotel.

I found out a bit funny to have the normal traditional way of get the bride session in the morning, and exchange of vows at the beach later in the evening time. But my mom can't accept as she said no brides "chut mun" in the afternoon wor.. how true is that?

The biggest problem is I only engaged my photographer to do night session. My hubby will be #$%&&*&^(* there if he knows I want to add on for the morning session.

Hi ericalnh,

What do u mean chut mun in the afternoon? You mean, u want to change the fetching bride to afternoon?

Your plan sounds like a lot of other brides' plan. It's quite normal if u have fetch the bride in the morning, then church/beach ceremony, then dinner. I'm also doing it that way, and i'm pretty sure lots of other brides too. Usually for fetching the bride, there's a certain time u need to reach the guy's side. You might need to check on that.

I think it's best if u get a photographer for the whole day. Talk to your hubby, as this is an important day for the both of u and u wouldn't want to regret it later. Perhaps, you can engage your friends or family to take photos for u? Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

hi hot-choc,

Intentionally yes. of course need to check the auspicious time for that particular day also, and it happens to fall on morning too.

Is that so? Probably I thought too much about it. So your at beach too?

I feel glad after reading your reply. As I have no one good to discuss with earlier on. My mom and sis would just complained that it's a bad idea to change the plan. My hubby and I fought over this issue last night jus bcoz he felt that I made myself so difficult and all what he want is a simple wedding.. saying me "po ma" :dry: .. I jus need an opnion or two. Why everybody jus aint listen to me?!!

I do hope i can get the photographer to take my whole day. Since the photographer is already there, might as well ask him shoot for the morning session too. I try approach my hubby later (in good mood, of coz)

thanks.. its a good idea to post in forum after all.. :)

hi hot-choc,

Intentionally yes. of course need to check the auspicious time for that particular day also, and it happens to fall on morning too.

Is that so? Probably I thought too much about it. So your at beach too?

I feel glad after reading your reply. As I have no one good to discuss with earlier on. My mom and sis would just complained that it's a bad idea to change the plan. My hubby and I fought over this issue last night jus bcoz he felt that I made myself so difficult and all what he want is a simple wedding.. saying me "po ma" :dry: .. I jus need an opnion or two. Why everybody jus aint listen to me?!!

I do hope i can get the photographer to take my whole day. Since the photographer is already there, might as well ask him shoot for the morning session too. I try approach my hubby later (in good mood, of coz)

thanks.. its a good idea to post in forum after all.. :)

Hey ericalnh,

My wedding is in church, but the agenda is the same as u. Morning fetch bride, afternoon church wedding, evening dinner. It will be quite a hectic day!

I would like a simple wedding as well, but as the day goes by, it gets bigger and bigger. :tongue:

I'm doing most of the planning, as my bf is busy with his job. So i just do my own research and discuss with him to get his opinion and make decisions together. The best is if u talk to your girl friends or sisters, can discuss more ideas and it's more fun too. And of course u can always discuss in this forum too.

Do talk with your hubby, if he can't agree on certain things, at least get him to meet u half way or find an alternative that suits both of you. He needs to understand that this is a big thing and it's a very important day.

All the best!

talk to your hubby on engaging the photographer for morning session. we had an argument about tht too but when he sees the morning pics during the photo slideshow at dinner time, he changed his mind and proudly announced to everyone that i made a great choice in choosing our photographer. :) haha.... when the pics turn out well, he'll most probably change his mind

hi, i am planning to do all in the same day too!!

but i dono if theres enough time as fetching the bride may take along time....

by exchange of vow, do you mean ROM?

preppyrose, ya i know he ll definitely satisfy by the time he saw all the photos by a professional photographer cos i have seen many at my friends wedding and i hope i had it also. but how to persuade him ler as guys normally think its not important at all.. sigh u get what i mean?

roseisrose, ya it ll be v tiring day. we hav this "unformal ceremony" at the beachside in exchange our rings and so on (like those they did in the church) . As this is a non religious exchange of vow ceremony which will be conducted by a celebrant, we will have our ROM on another day.

and ya thanks hot-choc for your advise. :)

Hi ericalnh,

May I have your contact of celebrant please?

I am looking for one for my wedding in Dec, anyone has any wedding celebrant to recommend?

Thanks.

hi nana5

My celebrant is arranged by our reception hotel in langkawi, charged at RM800 per ceremony. I am sure you can ask the hotel's wedding coordinator to arrange for you if you are holding your ceremony in a hotel.