digitanium

Malaysian groom living overseas to wed sweetheart at home

Hi there

Many thanks for reading this post and hopefully someone will be able to offer a solution.

I am a Malaysian living in the UK and my gilfriend lives in Malaysia. We have been doing a long distance relationship for the past 6 years until recently we decided to get married.

As I will be travelling back to KL in september for 5 days, we thought it would be ideal if we can get ROM sorted since my girlfriend will be able to apply for UK spousal visa.

We have some dates for traditional wedding in March 2013 and hope to get finalised fairly soon.

So my question is it possible for her to submit an application on our behalf until I get there? To be honest I havent done much research on rules and regulations but the condition I am aware of is the 21 days prior submission.

Please advise if there is any option to fast track an application or anything that can be done in my sitaution.

Thanks you

there's this Special Marriage License that allows you to skip the 21 days notice. my fiance too is working overseas in the US and will only be back for a month to get registered with me and for our wedding. we'd be too busy to "serve" that notice when he's back. your gf should give JPN a call to ask for further detail on this. i still haven't exactly found out the procedure til now. perhaps you could share with us if you've got the info :p