elsiemarie

Is it too early..lets discuss :)

I do not know about you girls. But do you really think that planning a wedding a year ahead is too early. Initially, we were planning to have our wedding in March 2013 but due to venue inability, we are forced to fix it on 28th December 2013 instead to accommodate family members who are not in Malaysia. Is it too early to start paying deposit on the venue etc now? That's the questions :) Hope I could get feedback from you as well as tips etc.

i think in klang valley area nothing is too late to start =)

in fact i have few friends who actually booked a venue months before the proposal haha.

this is a fact for all Chinese weddings that demand luxurious banquet not to mention all other misc. expenditure such as pre-wedding shoot (yes u need to start looking up too if u wanna get a reliable and reputable photographer before u gets too busy with ur parents, relatives, guest list etc), doorgift, invitation cards (another killer if ur too picky with ur design and inviting BIG crowd), mum's dresses, bridesmaids dresses and the list goes on.

unless ur parents are ok with u not inviting so many relatives or u like to risk not having a traditional chinese banquet, chances of reserving a reputable venue is extremely slim. on a good side of this, early planning actually gives u more buffer time to manage ur wedding and ur relationship with ur FH. u dun wanna get caught in situation where u get urself too bz with misc. preparation and not spending enough time with him.

hope this sounds reasonable to u =)

Kenobikayima...to be honest I agreed with you.. we were supposed to have a wedding next March 2013. It was decided last week and since then we were so busy calling possible venues, calling people for the bride and groom entourage, bridal shops, PS etc. These have already took a toll on our relation when I snapped last weekend due to the stress.. :( its because we were only allowed to work on 1 date to accommodate a family member who is not in Malaysia. Only last weekend did we realise that it was not possible to do it in March 2013 due to time constrain etc. We eventually decided to postpone it towards the end of the next year.

Since we have learned our lessons, this time, we will plan slowly as we have more than a year :) We finally have our venue and locked it. Hopefully we could visit the venue this weekend so that we could go on with the planning.

In view of all these, we still need to do the PS in March 2013 though. The PS would be in Penang so that we could include my FH's nieces (from UK) in some of the photos. I'm not sure about the BS there though. If anyone could recommend it would be great :)

Next issue would be the AD package? Hmmm not sure on how to go about this though. I was at the Wedding expo last weekend and found out that doing Ala Carte is quite expensive. Since my PS is in Penang I do not have any other choice :(

Kenobikayima...to be honest I agreed with you.. we were supposed to have a wedding next March 2013. It was decided last week and since then we were so busy calling possible venues, calling people for the bride and groom entourage, bridal shops, PS etc. These have already took a toll on our relation when I snapped last weekend due to the stress.. :( its because we were only allowed to work on 1 date to accommodate a family member who is not in Malaysia. Only last weekend did we realise that it was not possible to do it in March 2013 due to time constrain etc. We eventually decided to postpone it towards the end of the next year.

Since we have learned our lessons, this time, we will plan slowly as we have more than a year :) We finally have our venue and locked it. Hopefully we could visit the venue this weekend so that we could go on with the planning.

In view of all these, we still need to do the PS in March 2013 though. The PS would be in Penang so that we could include my FH's nieces (from UK) in some of the photos. I'm not sure about the BS there though. If anyone could recommend it would be great :)

Next issue would be the AD package? Hmmm not sure on how to go about this though. I was at the Wedding expo last weekend and found out that doing Ala Carte is quite expensive. Since my PS is in Penang I do not have any other choice :(

yups ala carte definitely required more money & effort (e.g. for PS instead of readymade props, u need to come out with ur own ones and some may not even include wedding dresses if u intend to shoot with one). in the end depends on ur priority whether u could forgo looking indescribably marvelous on ur AD with fancy ala carte deals or focus on cost recovery so that u have more margin to spend on honeymoon. for me some i go for ala carte and because of practical need for cost recovery certain things i decided to DIY. so yeah it's really up to u as long as u dont regret every decision that u made =)

Elsiemarie,

My heartiest congratulation to your marriage! Booking for a good dinner venue is normally done at least 6-12 months ahead. So, you are never too early. Other than that, the next things you should be looking at is the make-up artist and photographers/videographers. Being a photography vendor who has been in the wedding industry for 6 years++, I can help you on the photography. You can see our portfolios below and if you like our styles, please send your inquiry to johnucky@yahoo.com with details of your wedding. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Feel free to visit my FB fanpage gallery below for latest work.

FB Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/JohnPohPhotography

FB Fanpage gallery: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=128257173329

Slideshows in Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/johnpoh/videos

Besides, you can also consider the elite photographers from my extended team, which is JP+. Their artwork portfolio is as below.

JP+ Fanspage: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/JP/335815246463154

Slideshow: https://vimeo.com/user14751203/videos

John

I myself planned even before my bf starts to propose... LOL~~ looked so desperate~~ WAKAKAKAA~~

I personally think it is not too early to plan a year ahead. Both my hubby and I booked venue, photographer a year ahead. Agreed with john, some good photographer/cinematographer, make up artis booked at least 6months ahead, especially on those hot wedding date. Wedding gown, need about 3 -4months. :)