Sign in to follow this  
melancholicb

Scalp skin condition

Hi all,

Ive been suffering from Scalp Psoriasis for quite a few years now, but lately it has gotten worse that my hair loss has been even more obvious than before..i've been using the same medicated shampoo, and fungal cream that the derma adviced me, but its still there. Any tips to cope from anyone going through similar problem? 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:32 AM, melancholicb said:

Hi all,

Ive been suffering from Scalp Psoriasis for quite a few years now, but lately it has gotten worse that my hair loss has been even more obvious than before..i've been using the same medicated shampoo, and fungal cream that the derma adviced me, but its still there. Any tips to cope from anyone going through similar problem? 

i suffered frm bad dandruff before.. like i kept scratching my head and i lose so much confidence.. but then i tried to change my diet and get a brand new hair dryer. i dont face this kind of problem anymore.. and i think u should try the same as mine!

On 2/15/2022 at 9:24 PM, yuigakky said:

i suffered frm bad dandruff before.. like i kept scratching my head and i lose so much confidence.. but then i tried to change my diet and get a brand new hair dryer. i dont face this kind of problem anymore.. and i think u should try the same as mine!

same. but mine is still in the same condition...what is your diet like? and how can hair dryer make your hair better? bcs frm my experience, using it can cause more dandruff due to the heat frm the blower

On 2/16/2022 at 6:55 PM, lemoncakes said:

same. but mine is still in the same condition...what is your diet like? and how can hair dryer make your hair better? bcs frm my experience, using it can cause more dandruff due to the heat frm the blower

you need to eat food that can give more vitamin B7, and omega 3... like salmon, egg yolk and walnuts. idk if it really gives a difference, but i try to increase my intake. also the hair dryer i mention, has nanoe technology where it blows out water particles, to moisten your hair (while it dries your hair). so your hair isnt damage

hmm thats sucks :( i dont know much abt skin condition like this bcs its trickier than normal hair problem conditions like dry hair etc. maybe u can try see the derma again for perscription on certain medications to lessen the severity 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, freakyfeeka said:

i think its good if you also do an extra care, like take supplement, make sure you care for ur scalp like using serum and not overwash. tools u r using also will affect your scalp.

yeah...but also in this case, not everyone gets scalp psoriasis. it could also be hormonal or from genetics.. so i guess in this situation, one just have to take extra extraaa care of their hair routine 

On 2/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, lemoncakes said:

yeah...but also in this case, not everyone gets scalp psoriasis. it could also be hormonal or from genetics.. so i guess in this situation, one just have to take extra extraaa care of their hair routine 

my dad has it, so yes i think its genetics factor too. sigh im just so tired of facing it, i even considered cutting my hair pixie short since my hair is thinning so much, and its so itchy at times. 

true also ... 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:24 PM, yuigakky said:

you need to eat food that can give more vitamin B7, and omega 3... like salmon, egg yolk and walnuts. idk if it really gives a difference, but i try to increase my intake. also the hair dryer i mention, has nanoe technology where it blows out water particles, to moisten your hair (while it dries your hair). so your hair isnt damage

which hair dryer is this? can u show me the pic

On 2/16/2022 at 6:55 PM, lemoncakes said:

same. but mine is still in the same condition...what is your diet like? and how can hair dryer make your hair better? bcs frm my experience, using it can cause more dandruff due to the heat frm the blower

i also use hair dryer, my hair become so dry. then i stop. my shampoo also i change to head and shoulder, i use to wear pantene. its so bad bcs got many harsh chemicals i think 

On 2/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, dearmossey said:

which hair dryer is this? can u show me the pic

https://club.panasonic.com/my_en/1800w-nanoetm-double-mineral-hair-dryer-eh-na98.html 

u can check out how the model looks like through here, is the Panasonic NA-NE98. I swore by this hair dryer, at first i didnt believe that it could lessen my scalp and hair problem, but overtime i started to feel my hair got softer and my dandruff got lesser as time passed...now i rarely have dandruff. my hair is also silkier :smile:

On 2/19/2022 at 12:50 AM, yuigakky said:

https://club.panasonic.com/my_en/1800w-nanoetm-double-mineral-hair-dryer-eh-na98.html 

u can check out how the model looks like through here, is the Panasonic NA-NE98. I swore by this hair dryer, at first i didnt believe that it could lessen my scalp and hair problem, but overtime i started to feel my hair got softer and my dandruff got lesser as time passed...now i rarely have dandruff. my hair is also silkier :smile:

ahh, thanks! i havent use one in a long time . ill check it out :) 

yes. unfortunately, thats how it is for some people..but its still manageable. with the right methods ofc 

On 2/19/2022 at 1:25 AM, dearmossey said:

ahh, thanks! i havent use one in a long time . ill check it out :) 

no prob! also i really like it bcs it has a hair , scalp and skin function mode. so you can switch to each modes depending on your preference. sometimes when i need extra moisture on my face, i switch it to the face mode and a cool air comes out, so i can blow it on my face. i think it comes on handy for psoriasis too, bcs i know sometimes it does spread to the forhead area... alot of great functions in just a hair dryer, worth the price 

the hair dryer yuigakky mentioned seems really useful for your hair condition.. so yeah maybe can check it out melancolicb :biggrin: i checked the link, i think it does moisturize the hair. mayb can help with your hair loss too, bcs dry hair can cause more hair breakage