Evie

Wedding Photos in Sabah

Hi...all KK brides to be....

I just wanna say that the service & photography skills Moments have is really really really teruk. I had a cheap pkg from there, coz with the real intention is to get their wedding & evening gown for AD. As the price to rent them for a day is almost as expensive as taking up a pkg, my hubby & I decided to do another photoshoot although we already did one last month in Seremban.

By comparing Moments and the bridal shop that we did out photoshoot in Seremban..walaoooo I can tell u...no fight la...Moments look soooo inexperience, rookie & amateur. The photographer who did our photoshoot is Michelle...my goodness...she gives no direction, we didn't know if our poses were right, whether our hair is out of place, where our eyes should look at...etc...it's a FAR CRY from the photographer we worked with in Seremban...

Also, their props, equipment, backdrops, color themes are so limited. I had a classmate taking her pre-wedding pics there few months back, so I had to strike out the backdrops tat she took in order not to look THE SAME as hers...which left me with little choices...the studio is SOOOOOO small...the traditional costumes are also soooo limited...goodness...I think almost EVERY couple who took their pre-wedding pics there would have chosen the Japanese costume coz that looked so called 'the best' there...Adoii....

Today, we went to look at the pictures...goodness...u know what lousy picture quality?? It's as good as getting ur own camera & a fren who has NO IDEA in photography to take it!!! Each picture file size is only about 1-2MB...where as mine taken in Seremban were all 10MB & above!!!! Some of the pictures were so out of focus that I think my little 12-yr old niece could take nicer pics!

Their makeup artist Vivian...has totally no idea how my hairdo should match which outfit...I HAD to give her some suggestions and ideas. MY GOODNESS...for only 5 outfits (2WG+2EG+ traditional costumes), I didn't like 3 of the hairdo she first did. She had to change & do other things after I commented that I didn't like it...where as the MUA in the seremban bridal shop i did my photoshoot...I didn't have to say anything...she just did wat matches my face & outfit...& I'm totally satisfied with her! Sigh~~~ I'm so disappointed to see that my beloved hometown KK's bridal house is still NOT UP TO STANDARDS yet...just when I tot & kept telling all my West Msian frens that KK is NOT that outdated...I had to be so disappointed in this... :sauer2:

Well, I duno abt other bridal shops in KK, but PLS...if u hv a choice....dun bother surveying Moments...although they are new & their gowns are nice...other than that...the rest of the pkg is a total failure....THUMBS DOWN!!! :sauer2:

i would like to make a complain too...

BEWARE OF THE "CRYSTAL ALBUM"

I took a wedding package in the Memor*** bridal. Package price rm3899. They told me that the album is "CRYSTAL ALBUM". "CRYSTAL ALBUM" sure is make from crystal, right? You know what... At the time I take the album, I am sastify with it. Because the Album and the Photo is nices. After I bring home and pass it among my relative, the album come back very very SCRATCH. I realised that once you place the album on the table, it get scratch easily. And if the Album is make from Crystal, it doesnt scratch. That means it is make from other material rather than crystal.

Then I bring back to the bridal and ask for exchange, they said need to charge me 1000 for another album. I quarrel with them, they said it was my fault not to take care the album properly. COME ON, the album is make to show people, not to keep inside our drawer. Or we have to keep inside our safe box? Dont let people see? Or we have to use wrapping paper to wrap it?

Please beware if you are taking the CRYSTAL ALBUM. Put it on the table and sure it get some scratch already... I suspect it is make from PLASTIC.

Hi there, juz my 2 cents. As i know forum is where people voice out their opinion about sumthing may it be gud or bad. It is the place where people can share their experience/thoughts/advises. Of course we need to survey the best, but it is better if we hear some comments from other ppl it might be not good or good but atleast we can avoid the same mistakes they encounter. So, please dont just simply call other ppl IDIOT as their have their own opinion as u have,but u dun see ppl calling u the same.

Mayb u r link to the bridal i dun know,but we as a customer can have a better choice. Mayb the bridal involved then can atleast improve/strive to do better services/packages as they shud know even how small or inexpensive the package,it can affect their services as customer is a walking advertisment. Not juz because when the customer take the expensive package then treat them like a BIG BOSS and if the less expensive juz 'cincai'.Its a big industry that they need to look to if they wan to last.

simon123, thanks for ur advice. anyhow, i think u r abit rude la...they just share their experience...y u need to b so agresive for stoping other ppl tell about their story? we all have our own perception and our way of thinking...we will know how to judge which one is right o wrong....

Stephanie Yap,

Crystal album of course is not made of crystal. If it is, it will cost more than 1k..Did you ask the shop before u decide to buy? I'm sure the sales person would not tell u that it is made of crystal! It is a type of polymer called acrylic, if i am not mistaken. I also choose a wedding package which include a crystal album. I will ask the shop assistant to put a layer of glossy polyethylene wrap on all the pages, including front n back cover for me. Then you can protect it from scratching. The crystal album displayed at the bridal shop had minor scratches also.

So, Stephanie, before u made things clear, please don't complain it here, others might think that what u just said is true.

Yes, albums are meant for showing to ur relatives, but u can choose not to show it to all of ur relatives n frens, but only closer 1. I chose to display another 2 of my albums on my wedding day, but keep my crystal album to myself n hubby, n family.

im so interested what you were talking about crystal album.

well i think stephanie is true. its easily scratch. and actually i also have 3 crystal album since 3 years ago. its my wedding albums.

crystal album actually just famous recently and actually crystal album is old style album model. it's long time already people produce crystal album and maybe in KK or malaysia just famous it.

Well crystal album actually made in China and made from acrylic.

I've been there, the crystal album factory before, its the tour leader bring us there when we're traveling to china (one province in China). its make by plastic acrylic and they got some machine to press it seems plastic sordering machine. and they put some poison chemical on it. the chemical very very smelly until you cant stand in that place and produce alot of waste and polution. maybe in other country, the goverment wont allowed the crystal album have a factory. you know lah China everything also can. my albums also a lot of scratch now. and i no more surprise cause it made in China and I understand china made the quality its like that already. So stephanie, if you have any savings, better you print out your photo again and do not bind in crystal album anymore. you can print in Taiwan if you want, cause you know Taiwan bridals mostly their albums are not using crystal album. cause Taiwan also got standard not like China or who using crystal album.

rachel, Crystal Album not make from Crystal, instead they make from Plastic acrylic, why the bridal want to confuse customer said its "CRYSTAL ALBUM", somemore they tell me it's crystal made. Why dont they tell Customer is "ACRYLIC ALBUM"? I didnt offence you and you start to criticize me. I guess you are link to the bridal... As Rosy and Tracy said that everyone have rights to tell ppl their story. What is the prupose if I cannot show my friends my wedding album, why I need to have the wedding album? You have no idea after spend nearly 4k, then you end up with a Lousy Album. It is so terrible. Its another JOKE that you said have to wrap with glossy polyethylene... hai... you are a joker...

simon123, thanks for ur advice. anyhow, i think u r abit rude la...they just share their experience...y u need to b so agresive for stoping other ppl tell about their story? we all have our own perception and our way of thinking...we will know how to judge which one is right o wrong....

Yalah...simon123...if u r linked to the bridal shop & cant take criticism...then I think this bridal shop NO HOPE liao la...I know RM1888 is NOT BIG & is the cheapest...but as mentioned by others...the bridal shop should be professional enough to treat every of the couples equally, & not MATA DUITAN...cheap = cincai...expensive then treat like KING?? Then i can assure u that this type of service will NOT LAST... What makes u think that with RM1888 pkg..I can't upgrade to RM3-4 or 5K?? If the pictures are of good quality...then i don't see why not...every girl would wanna keep all this nice bridal pics of herself..(IF the pics are nicely taken) for remembrance...but with the quality & skills that they took our wedding pics there....as my hubby says...'gimme all the soft copies FOR FREE, pun I dun want!! NO THANKS!!'

Hi all,

I think all bridal shop should have equal treatment for all couples too, regardless of what packages they took coz this is the professionalism they should have. This is a must service they should provide if they want to continue for growth at this line. Dont think that each couple will only took once in their life time, they should think that this satisfied couple may introduce other friends to their shop too.

rachel, Crystal Album not make from Crystal, instead they make from Plastic acrylic, why the bridal want to confuse customer said its "CRYSTAL ALBUM", somemore they tell me it's crystal made. Why dont they tell Customer is "ACRYLIC ALBUM"? I didnt offence you and you start to criticize me. I guess you are link to the bridal... As Rosy and Tracy said that everyone have rights to tell ppl their story. What is the prupose if I cannot show my friends my wedding album, why I need to have the wedding album? You have no idea after spend nearly 4k, then you end up with a Lousy Album. It is so terrible. Its another JOKE that you said have to wrap with glossy polyethylene... hai... you are a joker...

I am not criticizing u, but u made it wrong first. Did u ask the shop what material is it made of? If u didn't then why start complaining now? I am no joker by saying wraping it, the bridal shop displays crystal album with wraps, it is just a layer of transparent wrap, and it still look nice.

I lazy to talk to you. you are the defender of the bridal shop. how much they paid you? joker... bye bye...

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL BRIDES HERE. DONT EVER TAKE CRYSTAL ALBUM, OR YOU ALL WILL REGRET LIKE I DO NOW...

i would like to make a complain too...

BEWARE OF THE "CRYSTAL ALBUM"

I took a wedding package in the Memor*** bridal. Package price rm3899. They told me that the album is "CRYSTAL ALBUM". "CRYSTAL ALBUM" sure is make from crystal, right? You know what... At the time I take the album, I am sastify with it. Because the Album and the Photo is nices. After I bring home and pass it among my relative, the album come back very very SCRATCH. I realised that once you place the album on the table, it get scratch easily. And if the Album is make from Crystal, it doesnt scratch. That means it is make from other material rather than crystal.

Then I bring back to the bridal and ask for exchange, they said need to charge me 1000 for another album. I quarrel with them, they said it was my fault not to take care the album properly. COME ON, the album is make to show people, not to keep inside our drawer. Or we have to keep inside our safe box? Dont let people see? Or we have to use wrapping paper to wrap it?

Please beware if you are taking the CRYSTAL ALBUM. Put it on the table and sure it get some scratch already... I suspect it is make from PLASTIC.

babe, thank u so so much for relating your experience n giving yr advice. i can truly empathize n understand yr frustrations. we all wan our albums to b nicely preserved as long as our marriage would last. i got the same as yours. i will b careful not to let the table scratch it since it cost so much to make it look like how it was brought home originally. thank u thank u thank u. i hope u get yr album done nicely. also, a service is a service no matter how much yr package cost. have a good weekennnn :lol:

Yalah...simon123...if u r linked to the bridal shop & cant take criticism...then I think this bridal shop NO HOPE liao la...I know RM1888 is NOT BIG & is the cheapest...but as mentioned by others...the bridal shop should be professional enough to treat every of the couples equally, & not MATA DUITAN...cheap = cincai...expensive then treat like KING?? Then i can assure u that this type of service will NOT LAST... What makes u think that with RM1888 pkg..I can't upgrade to RM3-4 or 5K?? If the pictures are of good quality...then i don't see why not...every girl would wanna keep all this nice bridal pics of herself..(IF the pics are nicely taken) for remembrance...but with the quality & skills that they took our wedding pics there....as my hubby says...'gimme all the soft copies FOR FREE, pun I dun want!! NO THANKS!!'

hmm....i totally agree wif small fish. i had intentions of upgrading mine as well (like yr 1888 to 3-4-5 or 6k package) cos i'm happy with wat i get. somemore...will probably go back for anniversary shoot...family shoot and most important WORD OF MOUTH advertisement :lol:

hmm....i totally agree wif small fish. i had intentions of upgrading mine as well (like yr 1888 to 3-4-5 or 6k package) cos i'm happy with wat i get. somemore...will probably go back for anniversary shoot...family shoot and most important WORD OF MOUTH advertisement :lol:

Yes...BINGO Celestie..EXACTLY wat's in my mind too. The bridal shop in seremban that I took my first photoshoot & is very satisfied with...I'm planning to talk a family potrait there when my whole family is around for my wedding. It's hard to reunite my whole family coz me & my fiance work in West Msia, parents in KK, bro & sis-in law in Brunei...have not met my bro & sis in law for 2 years liao! Haha...so i'm planning to go back there to take my family potrait...& as I was really satisfied with their photography skills...I joked with my hubby about taking another photoshoot there for our 1st anniversary...hahaha..i said i'll keep on taking & taking..every yr & see the difference yr by yr...my hubby nearly fainted...kekeke...

lol. lol. lol. u can tell your hunny, many many years down d road when both yr hair white white n he sit on his rocking chair next to u, his beloved wife, looking thru all the pictures n seeing everybody grow or age year by year he will b smiling from ear to ear n quietly telling himself..." i did the rite thing by painstakingly taking these pictures year after year"

Ladies and gentleman....

CHILL!!

first, let me state that i am utterly disappointed when i first checked on this thread due to numerous reports from members.

Please learn to control your emotions and practice some restraints. This isn't 1st grade school where name-calling is the 'in' thing.

If you have a problem, please PM the moderators directly with regards to this matter and you can all state your views.

I do not wish to see any further retorts or misconduct within this topic. All further non related posts WILL BE DELETED.

I only wish to state some points:

1) Members are free to share their personal views on their experiences. This is one of the main objective and purpose of this forums.

2) If you do not agree, u may state your own views but not to the extent of defaming or belittling a fellow member as it is plain rude and immature.

3) In cases of disputes between members who are getting too personal, its always the bigger man who walks away. There is no glory in fighting a loose/loose battle with nothing to claim other then ugly name-calling and childish behavior.

On a side note , i personally feel that irrespective of what we pay, a BS should provide good service throughout.

I won a lucky draw with a KL BS and their service was impeccable throughout even though i wasn't paying them a cent other then exception of the face ampules and hair spray which is standard with majority of BS. This is what customer service is all about. it doesnt mean that just because you pay more that a BS should treat you better. If this is the attitude a company holds then they are obviously only targeting profit and personal gains; forgetting that all customers they receive are actually walking advertising tools for them.

In fact i applaud Bs who take the initiative to provide good service even though the customer is just surveying. then there are those BS that act well before the payment and a total 360 degrees change after receiving payment.

Any company with knowledge of free marketing/advertising strategy will tell you that good customer service is one of the MOST important and basic rule. As a customer, even if i didnt choose the BS with good service, i will always make it a point to give them credit for a job well done by letting other know. on the contrary, if they have flaws..obviously i would inform other as well.

Ladies and gentleman....

CHILL!!

first, let me state that i am utterly disappointed when i first checked on this thread due to numerous reports from members.

Please learn to control your emotions and practice some restraints. This isn't 1st grade school where name-calling is the 'in' thing.

If you have a problem, please PM the moderators directly with regards to this matter and you can all state your views.

I do not wish to see any further retorts or misconduct within this topic. All further non related posts WILL BE DELETED.

I only wish to state some points:

1) Members are free to share their personal views on their experiences. This is one of the main objective and purpose of this forums.

2) If you do not agree, u may state your own views but not to the extent of defaming or belittling a fellow member as it is plain rude and immature.

3) In cases of disputes between members who are getting too personal, its always the bigger man who walks away. There is no glory in fighting a loose/loose battle with nothing to claim other then ugly name-calling and childish behavior.

On a side note , i personally feel that irrespective of what we pay, a BS should provide good service throughout.

I won a lucky draw with a KL BS and their service was impeccable throughout even though i wasn't paying them a cent other then exception of the face ampules and hair spray which is standard with majority of BS. This is what customer service is all about. it doesnt mean that just because you pay more that a BS should treat you better. If this is the attitude a company holds then they are obviously only targeting profit and personal gains; forgetting that all customers they receive are actually walking advertising tools for them.

In fact i applaud Bs who take the initiative to provide good service even though the customer is just surveying. then there are those BS that act well before the payment and a total 360 degrees change after receiving payment.

Any company with knowledge of free marketing/advertising strategy will tell you that good customer service is one of the MOST important and basic rule. As a customer, even if i didnt choose the BS with good service, i will always make it a point to give them credit for a job well done by letting other know. on the contrary, if they have flaws..obviously i would inform other as well.

Hi there...thanks for that...anyway, those comments that I left, as u said...are solely my own personal opinions based on my 'not so pleasant' experience. Let's hope no one else will encounter the same thing. Be careful when striking a deal with them. Ask in detail who would be ur MUA & photographer..& pass on ur expectations to them to avoid disappointment. Good luck in planning, gals...:)

wow just found out this forum 2 days after my PS.. we chose Life Bridal and both of us were so happy and satisfied with their service during our ps day.. the photographer n make up artist was so professional and creative.. for those bride-2-b, this studio is highly recomended... however..it's up to u 2 make the decision .. have Fun!!

now i'm looking for a photographer n make up artist ..pelamin, catering, doorgift, band.. wow so much to do in less time!

anyone, do you know shop offering wedding card service other than Joy's Collection?

thnx in advance

any gals hv sign up with life bridal?

i went to choose gown last sat, abit disappointed cuz i;m fat many gown cant fit in my body :dash2:

Hi there dreamcometrue.. u don't have 2 feel that way.. they can't alter the gown according to ur body size..believe me.. u'll satisfy with the result!

i went to choose gown last sat, abit disappointed cuz i;m fat many gown cant fit in my body :dash2:

Hi there dreamcometrue.. u don't have 2 feel that way.. they can't alter the gown according to ur body size..believe me.. u'll satisfy with the result!

yes, i hv a great time with them, i hv choose the photo after shooting, rite now waiting them to design the photo. how bout u?

i'm also looking for the photographer and the make up artist (mua), i hv found many photographer but too sad that their hv already booked by others couples. i hv saw one shop hv selling the invitation card at merdeka there ground floor, mayb u can try to look for them, but i duno how much does he charge.

yes, i hv a great time with them, i hv choose the photo after shooting, rite now waiting them to design the photo. how bout u?

i'm also looking for the photographer and the make up artist (mua), i hv found many photographer but too sad that their hv already booked by others couples. i hv saw one shop hv selling the invitation card at merdeka there ground floor, mayb u can try to look for them, but i duno how much does he charge.

Hi...I've recently just confirmed my MuA, photographer & videographer. Have done alot of researches & came up with the conclusions that they are (hopefully) the ones who suit my style the most...

MuA: Gwen Wong - www.gwenwong.blogspot.com

PG: Benny Liew - www.bennyliew.com

VG: Studio Galaxy - www.studiogalaxy.com.my

Perhaps u gals can check them out & see if their style suit yours...Good Luck!

P/s: I think the shop doing invitation card that u meant is Joy's COllection...they are opening another branch at Suria Sabah later on..I was told..coz I did mine there too. No choice..coz they are the panel to do the invitation card for the hotel (STAR)..but honestly speaking...if u ask my opinion, I'm NOT satisfied with their services at all...I really wonder how they can manage a business & be the panel of so many of the big hotels in KK...STAR, Sutera, Le Meridien...etc all have contract with them...but they are not exceptionally good if u ask me...I pity the old lady there...the daughter is plain rude. I only give face to the elderly...tat's y i din lose my temper the other day when the daughter was so rude to me...sigh~~

Hi...I've recently just confirmed my MuA, photographer & videographer. Have done alot of researches & came up with the conclusions that they are (hopefully) the ones who suit my style the most...

P/s: I think the shop doing invitation card that u meant is Joy's COllection...they are opening another branch at Suria Sabah later on..I was told..coz I did mine there too. No choice..coz they are the panel to do the invitation card for the hotel (STAR)..but honestly speaking...if u ask my opinion, I'm NOT satisfied with their services at all...I really wonder how they can manage a business & be the panel of so many of the big hotels in KK...STAR, Sutera, Le Meridien...etc all have contract with them...but they are not exceptionally good if u ask me...I pity the old lady there...the daughter is plain rude. I only give face to the elderly...tat's y i din lose my temper the other day when the daughter was so rude to me...sigh~~

tat is great to hear your good news. i'm still looking for the MUA n PG, look lots of things to do...slideshow, website, wedding album...tired

tat is great to hear your good news. i'm still looking for the MUA n PG, look lots of things to do...slideshow, website, wedding album...tired

Haha...yeah...lots of work to plan the big day...I know what u mean...coz I'm planning mine for 3 venues..so really :wacko3: ..but will be worth it la...Happy planning & may u be a pretty pretty bride :smile:

as for me, we chose to buy all the softcopies of our pictures.. quite satisfied.. yee haa!!.. will go to Life Bridal on this coming Saturday to give our list.. 60 poses! i'm happy that both of u were having a good time with them.. have u found ur MUA n photographer?..owh that shop u're reffering to is Joy's .. hurm.. is there any other that Joy's? great day! :) urmm..what do you mean by website? i found this one www.weddingchannel.com.. quite awesome.. they'll give u a free website for ur incoming marriage and lots of tips inside if u sign up with them.. it's free.. so why don't u give it a try.. :)