I think my opinion is that if you like it, then its the best for you. :smile:

Did you try to use micro setting on your camera? It helps.

Anyways, will off tomorrow morning to Bali to surprise my gf and propose to her.

Oh my Gosh I am so freaking nervous now, really a little freaked out. :bye:

And somemore propose in front of her family and they also dunno about it. Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh panic attack!!!

Gonna propose here:

bluepoint1b.jpg

blue_point01.jpg

Just hope the weather is nice (nice sunshine etc) and everything goes on well. Nervous nervous...

Yea..agree..hard to find a wedding band that both of us like it..

Took such a long time to decide on which pair to get..hehe

Hi String,

Wow..that place looks beautiful and romantic..

She sure feel very touched..

Remember to get a video cam ready to capture this important moments..

All the best !! ;)

Hi,

After 7 hours of shopping, visiting 8 jewelry shops, at last we found our wedding band from Celestial, Gold Heart.

18k White Gold

Ladies :

Clarity grade - VVS - VS

Colour grader D-E

Carat 0.13 ct

Man :

Clarity grade - VVS - VS

Colour grader D-E

Carat 0.05 ct

Actually we dont know much bout wedding band, just bought the one both of we like ..

Any comments?

Wedding bands are made for 2, so as long as 2 of you like them, that settles. Are they the one with small little sapphire embeded inside the ring, from Japan? We like a pair in Gold Heart too but I changed my mind after I went to Habib today.

Anyways, will off tomorrow morning to Bali to surprise my gf and propose to her.

And somemore propose in front of her family and they also dunno about it. Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh panic attack!!!

Gonna propose here:

bluepoint1b.jpg

blue_point01.jpg

Just hope the weather is nice (nice sunshine etc) and everything goes on well. Nervous nervous...

Yo.... so romantic, I'm sure your gf will cry (tears of happiness). My bf propose in San Francisco Steakhouse nia.. :lol:

Gonna propose here:

bluepoint1b.jpg

blue_point01.jpg

this is awesome man.....awesome....

am sure her heart will melt.....hence, all the best... :D

Hi,

After 7 hours of shopping, visiting 8 jewelry shops, at last we found our wedding band from Celestial, Gold Heart.

18k White Gold

Ladies :

Clarity grade - VVS - VS

Colour grader D-E

Carat 0.13 ct

Man :

Clarity grade - VVS - VS

Colour grader D-E

Carat 0.05 ct

Actually we dont know much bout wedding band, just bought the one both of we like ..

Any comments?

hmm....usually certified diamonds will be graded properly...on the cert it will either say its D or E...it will never say between D-E...so i guess yours' are commercial diamonds...make sure you didnt pay the price of a certified ones...

Hi smurf,

May I know what is the market price for certified one with the above specs?

hehe..

The sales person did said ours is not certified by GIA as certified diamond only for 0.3 ct onwards..

Not sure if its true..

Anyway, its ok I guess..as long as we both it like..that's the most important..

hi there,

actually the sales person is right...you wont be able to get certifed diamonds for that size...

so just make sure you have done your research and dont pay more than what its worth

Hi all,

I too recently paid deposit for a proposal ring. I couldn't sleep the entire night due to few reasons - excited that I've finally decided on the ring and yet worried that the ring is overpriced!

I suppose I need another partys' honest opinion to ease my mind if I indeed overpaid (of course it will be a lesson well learned or perhaps the place I bought it from can be a recommendation).

Here goes! The spec:

Round Brilliant

GIA cert

0.65 carat

D colour

SI1 clarity

Excellent Cut

Cloud, crystal

Polish - Very good

Symmetry - Very good

Flourescence - None

Additional Inscription - H&A (I was doing some research and found out that is only a gimmick?)

Thin - medium (faceted)

The table is 60% (i think a bit too big after doing more refined research) and I don't quite know how to read the other proportions.

The setting is on 18k white gold with a classic tiffany setting. All in all, I paid RM 7.8k for it.

Any advise on the above if it's considered a reasonable buy?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I too recently paid deposit for a proposal ring. I couldn't sleep the entire night due to few reasons - excited that I've finally decided on the ring and yet worried that the ring is overpriced!

I suppose I need another partys' honest opinion to ease my mind if I indeed overpaid (of course it will be a lesson well learned or perhaps the place I bought it from can be a recommendation).

Here goes! The spec:

Round Brilliant

GIA cert

0.65 carat

D colour

SI1 clarity

Excellent Cut

Cloud, crystal

Polish - Very good

Symmetry - Very good

Flourescence - None

Additional Inscription - H&A (I was doing some research and found out that is only a gimmick?)

Thin - medium (faceted)

The table is 60% (i think a bit too big after doing more refined research) and I don't quite know how to read the other proportions.

The setting is on 18k white gold with a classic tiffany setting. All in all, I paid RM 7.8k for it.

Any advise on the above if it's considered a reasonable buy?

Cheers!

I think it's not cheap but at the same time not overpriced cause you've already got the best color, bigger and excellent cut.

But ho.. every shop I went either said perfect cut and excellent cut. Then suddenly I was introduced to Lavative (or something like that) which they said it's even better than excellent cut, making me really unsure whether the cut things are becoming gimmicks.

Wooohhh I'm engaged!!! Perfect setting during sunset at that glass chapel!

Oh no...I've left the singles club... :tongue:

Had to wait a few anxious moments for her to recover before getting the 'Yes!'. Gosh, still can't believe it hahahhahaha.

Then suddenly I was introduced to Lavative (or something like that) which they said it's even better than excellent cut, making me really unsure whether the cut things are becoming gimmicks.

I think there is no better cut than excellent. Just different kinds of cutting such as the classic 57/58 facet Hearts and Arrows Cut or the others like Brilliant Rose, Millennium etc.

The 'Excellent' just refers to how well the diamond was cut. And just FYI, the graders use excellent or Ideal instead of perfect because they don't believe that we can cut the diamond perfectly.

Wooohhh I'm engaged!!! Perfect setting during sunset at that glass chapel!

Oh no...I've left the singles club... :tongue:

Had to wait a few anxious moments for her to recover before getting the 'Yes!'. Gosh, still can't believe it hahahhahaha.

Wow String, u r back~!!

Congrats man..... for both ur engagement as well as ur farewell to the singles' club..kekeke

SO, u really went there.....u da man lar.... kudos~

Some pics, unfortunately no good pics during the actual proposal. All super dark. :sad:

But its ok, just the time and place and the ring and me and her. :smile:

a-7.jpga-6.jpg

aa-2.jpg

HuisRing.jpg

Oh I highly recommend Blue Point Villa at Bali for whoever wants to go there for a vacation/wedding/honeymoon.

Just for relaxation cuz its not near any town.

Gorgeous view and pool etc.

But pricey, small room starts at USD150++ per night and small villa at USD200++ per night.

Blue Point Villa Website

Well....to prove the authenticity of any GIA certificate or specs....

Recently, i found this... http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm

Now we can all check any GIA certified stones' authenticity online...as long we have the Report Number and Carat Weight...

Try it out.... it's genuine....

Thanks for this useful links... it's true.

Then suddenly I was introduced to Lavative (or something like that) which they said it's even better than excellent cut, making me really unsure whether the cut things are becoming gimmicks.

I think there is no better cut than excellent. Just different kinds of cutting such as the classic 57/58 facet Hearts and Arrows Cut or the others like Brilliant Rose, Millennium etc.

The 'Excellent' just refers to how well the diamond was cut. And just FYI, the graders use excellent or Ideal instead of perfect because they don't believe that we can cut the diamond perfectly.

Sigh.. means the SA trying to bluff me when they use the term 'Perfect'.

Yeah it is unfortunate but you can always avoid sales gimmicks by reading a little about any item you want to purchase in the first place.

I've saved thousands of ringgit through the years doing that.

Anyways, now its time to save money and have a good time choosing wedding bands. :smile: