jessiesteven

Jaya Palace

HI all,

Jaya palace menu seems like quite nice..

My AD :5/12/09

I am looking for wedding dinner place.

Jaya palace is one of my choice..i will call to check it out.thanks for info ^^

Hi Cindy

Would you mind share the menu with me when you get? My wedding date oso next year but yet confirm the date. :P MIL checking date now.

By the way, Jaya Palace is it the one which near by digital mall there?

That is Oversea / Tai Thong ar? sorry I bit blur oso.. he..

I just went to Jaya Palace this afternoon. Some info to share:-

1. The menu now is 598, 698 (shark fin in individual bowl) and 998 (individual fat tiu qiong) Net, Only applicable for 25 tables and above,
  2. If <25 tables, is 598++, 698 ++, and 998 ++ for the same menu.
  3. For beer, they charge RM100 for corkage or alternatively u can get from them on 12.80 NET/bottle.
  4. Quite big pillars on main hall, so those sitting behind the pillars can't see the stage clearly.
  5. Only one projector for main hall and the screen also one, on top of the stage
  6. No chair cover, as they mentioned the existing chair color match their restaurant color
  7. Main table will have higher chair and bigger table, compare to others
  8. They will only confirm your menu package after ur food testing. Eg: If you choose 598 package and place deposit but not yet food testing, if they change menu, they will increase the price or change ur menu item for 598 package (means the food not the same/price increase)
  9. 5 cards per table (>25 tables)
  10. If u confirmed 25 tables, and only consume 22 tables, they will help you to ta pau for the remaining 3 tables first 3 dishes. The remaining 5 dishes, you can use it after ur wedding
  11. Cash term for payment on ur dinner day. You have to pay the credit card charge (1.6% onwards) if you wish to pay credit card. Not applicable if you have ++ package (means you pay the gov and service tax)

Hope this help.

Jasmine

I just went to Jaya Palace this afternoon. Some info to share:-

1. The menu now is 598, 698 (shark fin in individual bowl) and 998 (individual fat tiu qiong) Net, Only applicable for 25 tables and above,
  2. If <25 tables, is 598++, 698 ++, and 998 ++ for the same menu.
  3. For beer, they charge RM100 for corkage or alternatively u can get from them on 12.80 NET/bottle.
  4. Quite big pillars on main hall, so those sitting behind the pillars can't see the stage clearly.
  5. Only one projector for main hall and the screen also one, on top of the stage
  6. No chair cover, as they mentioned the existing chair color match their restaurant color
  7. Main table will have higher chair and bigger table, compare to others
  8. They will only confirm your menu package after ur food testing. Eg: If you choose 598 package and place deposit but not yet food testing, if they change menu, they will increase the price or change ur menu item for 598 package (means the food not the same/price increase)
  9. 5 cards per table (>25 tables)
  10. If u confirmed 25 tables, and only consume 22 tables, they will help you to ta pau for the remaining 3 tables first 3 dishes. The remaining 5 dishes, you can use it after ur wedding
  11. Cash term for payment on ur dinner day. You have to pay the credit card charge (1.6% onwards) if you wish to pay credit card. Not applicable if you have ++ package (means you pay the gov and service tax)

Hope this help.

Jasmine

Dear Jasmine,

Thanks for sharing the info. It really helps. I will be having my AD on 17 September 2009. Planning to have dinner at Jaya Palace. But since you mentioned there are quite big pillars in main hall, it doesn't seem that good. But the prices are reasonable.

Anyone took the photos of Jaya Palace? Please share with me either by PM or email: anneylpoh@yahoo.com

Thanks.

anneylpoh,

Np, this forum meant for sharing. I heard the other hall (which entrance from car park)'s pillars are smaller...so I would suggest you personally go onsite and see...ask them which hall they are giving to you, then only decide. Thx.

Jasmine

anneylpoh,

Np, this forum meant for sharing. I heard the other hall (which entrance from car park)'s pillars are smaller...so I would suggest you personally go onsite and see...ask them which hall they are giving to you, then only decide. Thx.

Jasmine

Dear Jasmine,

Thank you so much. I will go and have a look soon. Have to book earlier before it's booked by other couples.

Hi all,

I just had my wedding dinner last week and I have received many compliments from the guests on the food and services.

Although there are pillars but there are some glass walls to reflect the projector screen.

The portion of the food is big and taste good. Everyone is so satisfied and those singles are planning to have their wedding dinner here. Many people are asking us for the menu and prices. Now it is famous after my wedding !! Before this many people almost lost their way !!

I have no regret for chosing Jaya Palace. TQ so much !!

Hi all,

I just had my wedding dinner last week and I have received many compliments from the guests on the food and services.

Although there are pillars but there are some glass walls to reflect the projector screen.

The portion of the food is big and taste good. Everyone is so satisfied and those singles are planning to have their wedding dinner here. Many people are asking us for the menu and prices. Now it is famous after my wedding !! Before this many people almost lost their way !!

I have no regret for chosing Jaya Palace. TQ so much !!

Hi Apple Green,

Could you please share with me your package? The menu and the prices?

You took how many tables? Could you send me some photos? I'm very interested in this restaurant.

Please PM me or email: anneylpoh@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Hi anneylpoh,

Here is the menu (2007) as I booked last year.

Menu RM688

1) Palace 5 combination

2) Double boiled shark fin soup with village chicken

3) Roasted suckling pig & chicken with thai sauce

4) Palace style steamed pomfret fish

5) Baked fresh prawn with garlic

6) Braised veg with mushroom & dried scallop

7) HK glutinous rice

8) Sea coconut

9) Palace style 2 varieties

Now the menu and the price changed already. You would need to call them to fax u the lastest menu. As I know it is starting from RM598,RM698 and etc.

I have booked 44 tables so I took the big hall.

My advise is try to cover the whole hall with at least 50 tables. This is because the main entrance is more grand compared to the one facing federal highway. Also...ppl won't go to wrong entrance.

I will PM u for the pic. :)

Hi mei_mei

may i hav a look of jaya palace.. Pls send me the photos at choonglk81@hotmail.com... tq..

Hi ther...i oso oledi booked Jaya Palace as my WD. I hv taken some pics during my visit last 2 mths....If anyone interested, pls send me ur email add ya! ;)

Cheers :D

Hi mei_mei

may i hav a look of jaya palace.. Pls send me the photos at choonglk81@hotmail.com... tq..

Hi ther...i oso oledi booked Jaya Palace as my WD. I hv taken some pics during my visit last 2 mths....If anyone interested, pls send me ur email add ya! ;)

Hi mei_mei,

Please share the photos with me as well... anneylpoh@yahoo.com or PM me also can.

I'm taking 35 tables. They gave me the big hall with entrance facing hightway, which I don't like.

what bout yours?

Thanks.

Hi mei_mei,

Can you send me the pic of Jaya palace? We plan to have > 300 pax, headache !!. Thank you.

my email: xinxinsguaiguai@gmail.com

It is very new but the bad part is there are 2 very big pillars at the middle!

yes ..there are 2 big pillar..even for the smaller hall..overall the ambience in this restaurant is good..

I would choose this restaurant as i opt for about 20 tables only...

Hi Apple Green,

Could you pls send me some photos of the restaurant? I'm very interested to see.

What is the maximum tables this restaurant can fit in?

Please PM me or email: yellylai@gmail.com

heii mei mei..

pls email me the pics.. m interested too.. wish to take a look.. still looking for venue ..

gam xia yaaa

:lol: hshs0325@yahoo.com

heii

mind to tell me ur date in feb is ? m interested to book this place too .. heard quite nice ..

Hi!

I've made my deposit for Feb 2009 as well, but will be choosing the menu once 2009 price & menu are ready. Almost all restaurant mentionned about the inflation.

I've tried to bargain for complimentary items, but Caroline said they had already offered their best to their ability.

Anyhow, i reserved for 60 tables, and am allowed to 10 pax food tasting.

YiingK, how was your reception on the 24th? How was your menu that night? I know you might not had much on the night, any comments?