Jerylsene

Pantai Hospital Bangsar

i went to pantai bangsar for check up oso today.. i was there til noon..

check out their labour room n talked to the nurse as well..

maternity pads and diapers are included, unless you use more than what they provided.. then u wil be charge for the extras..

hahahahahaa.. seems like the bb nowadays gain so easily hor..

we both must relax relax.. pray hard for what we hope .. :-p

dr worry wil get diabetes during preg.. coz suddenly this week tested + for sugar.. and also protein.. maybe have UTI (bladder infection) or some other complication..

single bedroom til 10k??? omg that is crazy.. i wana opt for single room lor

where got so big different ahh d room charges until few k, unless she's there for very long le..

4-bedded - rm98 per day

2 bedded - rm138 per day

single - rm238

deluxe single - rm388

your dr stil allow u to do 4d hor.. how much was the charges wor?? my dr tak layan me wif 3d or 4d.. he said nowadays see edi not clear, water not much ... no nit to do 3d, 4d wor...

i had my emergency c-section in Pantai Bangsar Nov 2007 and that time cost me rm8k include my baby charges. I stay in 2 bed room and 3D2N.

My gynae is Dr Wong Sk. I still consider where to deliver my 2nd bb as of now i do checkup in 2 hospital, one is columbia asia and pantai bangsar. I just worried this round got to emergency c-section aslo ..:(

very confuse now..should i had plan c-section?

nowdays medicial charges very expensive... !

Seems Dr Wong done many emergency C-section... anyone have natural delivery by him?

I went to check up today also and is my first time check up there... Previously i went to other gynae for check up.

The nurse told me that Dr Wong support natural delivery, hopefully i dun end up in emergency C, really cost alot more !!

Seems Dr Wong done many emergency C-section... anyone have natural delivery by him?

I went to check up today also and is my first time check up there... Previously i went to other gynae for check up.

The nurse told me that Dr Wong support natural delivery, hopefully i dun end up in emergency C, really cost alot more !!

Ya..dr wong is support natural birth but something out of our / his control :(

um...if not mistaken the room charges is not too much difference,

i had mine (c-sec) last yr, i opt for a single room but there was fully occupied on that day, so we took the 2 bed one..but the nurse said, if there is sufficient room on that time, they wont put other patient with me, so my husband can sleep on the bed which is next to me.

my bill is abt rm8500 too...

islandgal,

i couldnt believe it can be so expensive nor much difference but this is true :rclxub: . Moreover the bedroom arrangement is subject to availability, cannot book ahead. hospital could be very quiet or fully pack :dash2:

yet to walk in labour room look see look see, will do it on 10th after check-up. Dr did the 4D scan consultation fee was rm200 :wacko3: :wacko3: :wacko3: normal ultrasound scan is about rm150. Doc said must scan to check baby's heartbeat, baby movement and if baby is in postion good or not + how far has baby grow[physically] and whether i have sufficient amniotic fluid. Luckily everything is fine, such a relief!

i have been staying in 4 bedded room and 2 bedded room at Pantai Bangsar. To me, there is not much difference, the territory is almost the same. I dun think will have bathroom issues lar.

Due on my conversation with Dr.Wong SK regarding the hospital bill, he mention that he charge the delivery + consulatation fees only and the rest of the charges is based on Pantai Bangsar Hospital. He did not even know exactly how much the management charge for the paed + nursery + other services. When my husband pay the bill, he ask for itemised billing instead of lump-sum figure. From the itemised billing, u can see that Pantai Bangsar charges are sky high :bruce: For eg : Pantai Bangsar charge RM9.25 for a 200pcs tissue box (Premier), in fact we can get 3 box outside. When i continue to see how they charge for others item like shaving, gloves, maternity pads and etc, i almost fainted :wacko3:

gheezz ~ the price is super sky high :sauer2: that is why my galfren told me to pack things ready in hand or else hospital will add to the bill.

to save some money, i would go for 4 bedded room. difference of rm2k at least :wacko3:

gheezz ~ the price is super sky high :sauer2: that is why my galfren told me to pack things ready in hand or else hospital will add to the bill.

to save some money, i would go for 4 bedded room. difference of rm2k at least :wacko3:

4 bedded room and single bedded room only RM140 difference. How come you say RM2K difference at least?

rabbit,

i have no clue but this is the price quoted by doc's nurse when i went for check-up yesterday. knowing is rm140 difference but dr make alot of money from there, i reckon.

rabbit,

pls note that 4 bedded & single bedded items could charge at different rate. i.e. like say paed for 4 bedded charge RM 200, it could be RM 400 for single bedded. the rest of the services are to be charged higher for single bedded compared with 4 bedded...

rabbit,

pls note that 4 bedded & single bedded items could charge at different rate. i.e. like say paed for 4 bedded charge RM 200, it could be RM 400 for single bedded. the rest of the services are to be charged higher for single bedded compared with 4 bedded...

ahhh..so what u mean is the service charge instead of the facilities charges here ~~~

:dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:

service charges varies according to the room type???

rabbit.. u use the extra maternity pads/diapers izit??

the nurse told me the basic is included in the bill.. only extra will be charge wor..

if basic one oso charge, i will bring my own lor..

Dr Wong SK delivered my baby in June. I chose him initially coz I read that he's pro-natural birth. - It's true!

Throughout my check-up with him, he'd never mentioned about c-section to me though he knows that I'm covered by one the top insurance provider. Even nearing my delivery date whenI was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid, he'd professionally mentioned about the slight possibility of planned Csection if the baby growth's affected. Other than that, he suggested induced labour (natural) all the way for me. Even till while I'd checked-in & into my 20th hour in the delivery room waiting for my cervix to dilate, he'd never mentioned C-section (my baby came out in the 23rd hour @ 11pm).

There was once that I took my baby for checkup & met Dr Wong's nurse & she told me he has yet to come for work coz he'd just delivered at 2am & another one at 6am the morning before. I'm duly impressed. Many gynae I've heard will not hesitate to recommend C-section when the slightest complication comes up with your baby.

I'm pretty happy with him.

Sorry, I did not know that single bedded and 4 bedded items are charge differently. The nurse told me that only the room rate is charge differently. My bill did not show clearly the different charges for the items.

Islandgal,

for the service charge different according to room, mayb u can double check so that u can hav the whole idea clearly. i did use extra maternity pad coz i stay 5D4N there. They did charge for the extra only.

CJYL,

pls be prepare that u don't necessary will get 4 bedded room as u wish coz Pantai Bangsar business is so laku! I opt for single room when i admit that time, but have to go for the 4 bedded coz fully occupied. Only manage to get the 2 bedded on my 2nd night.

my total bill .. 2 bedded room - rm3.1k included baby bill rm500++

my situation goes like this..

i went for my weekly check up as usual, during check up, he told me my stomach is tightening.. so it's BH lor..coz i dont feel any pain..

then dr check my cervix, it was 3cm dilated n willl induced me nxt mornng coz bb big size, and told me i wil have abit spotting coz he stretch my cervix, but who knows ..i had abit more bleeding after i left d clinic..

went to labour room to check.. i was having contraction once every 4 mins.. so i have to admit in hospital at 1.15pm.

at 2.15pm, dr came n break my water bag.. at 6pm, i got induced coz i lost d contraction..

there nightmare begin, n was very painful... at last delivered at 11.45pm..

islandgal, Congraz !! :biggrin:

as for myself, still no sign. im in week 38 already, doc currently away and will be back for consultation on wednesday so i would be able to know my progress on thursday. hopefully everything goes well :smile:

my total bill .. 2 bedded room - rm3.1k included baby bill rm500++

my situation goes like this..

i went for my weekly check up as usual, during check up, he told me my stomach is tightening.. so it's BH lor..coz i dont feel any pain..

then dr check my cervix, it was 3cm dilated n willl induced me nxt mornng coz bb big size, and told me i wil have abit spotting coz he stretch my cervix, but who knows ..i had abit more bleeding after i left d clinic..

went to labour room to check.. i was having contraction once every 4 mins.. so i have to admit in hospital at 1.15pm.

at 2.15pm, dr came n break my water bag.. at 6pm, i got induced coz i lost d contraction..

there nightmare begin, n was very painful... at last delivered at 11.45pm..

islandgal - Congratulations! Wishing you & your baby safe recovery...

Dr Wong SK delivered my baby in June. I chose him initially coz I read that he's pro-natural birth. - It's true!

Throughout my check-up with him, he'd never mentioned about c-section to me though he knows that I'm covered by one the top insurance provider. Even nearing my delivery date whenI was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid, he'd professionally mentioned about the slight possibility of planned Csection if the baby growth's affected. Other than that, he suggested induced labour (natural) all the way for me. Even till while I'd checked-in & into my 20th hour in the delivery room waiting for my cervix to dilate, he'd never mentioned C-section (my baby came out in the 23rd hour @ 11pm).

There was once that I took my baby for checkup & met Dr Wong's nurse & she told me he has yet to come for work coz he'd just delivered at 2am & another one at 6am the morning before. I'm duly impressed. Many gynae I've heard will not hesitate to recommend C-section when the slightest complication comes up with your baby.

I'm pretty happy with him.

Dear Maroonleaf,

I'm going to deliver under Dr Wong SK also.

i'm now 37 weeks, starting nervous cos baby will deliver anytime.

is there any advice you would like to share with me when going to hospital for a delivery?

heehee, any experience cos this is my first baby...needs some advice to calm myself..

haha..

Dear islandgirl,

Congratulations and take a very good care of yourself and your baby :lol: