celinescc

Type of Performance for Wedding Dinner

Dear Vendors,

Please be reminded that Vendors are not allowed to advertise or solicit or promote their business in other sections other than Classified. However, Vendors are warmly welcomed to share their advises, experiences and tips in order to educate our beloved forumers.

We hope you respect and understand these rules. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The mod & admin team of MB

My mum and MIL suggested not to hire a live band as they did not even notice the bands at the weddings they've attended. Our wedding theme was Shanghai Night and so we just played some chinese instrumental songs and shanghai jazz as background music throughout the dinner. 2 of my bridesmaids performed 'ye Shanghai' on stage that night, it was really nice :happy:

do u still need help here?

does anyone knows of contact for pianist?

Hi jeannie, i need your help! haha, pls provide me pianist contact or info if you have. Thanks and apprecate it well! Thanks!!

me and my ji mui performed a song (with me being the song leader) at my wedding.

my ji muis also came up with some games during the dinner ... we played and enjoyed ourselves too much until we lost track of time :tongue:

If anyone needs a jazz/r&b or pop band, whether its a 4 piece-band, a trio or duo. Please contact Cassie at kickkc@gmail.com

Feel free to ask for price quotations etc.

Thanks.

Hi kojiki,

May i have your quotation, pls? My email add:sailorvenus_nie@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

You may wanna consider the age group and background of your guests before you decide on a 'live' band. Some like English more than Chinese songs...and vice versa. There are bands that are good in one language but fall short of the other language.

Have you heard some bands that perform fantastic Chinese songs...only to cringe when they sing English? You will hear them sing The Bangles' ETERNAL FLAME like this : 'Close yur rice, gives me yours hands darling, can you feels my hearts beatings, can you's understands!" :ohmy: Really. So funny!

And also those bands that perform good English songs..when they sing Chinese...all sorts of Mat Salleh accent will come out...which is hard for me to type here...but it's really funny. :lol:

So make sure you hire a professional 'live' band that is equally strong in both languages. It may cost a but more, but they will make your wedding look very professional.

Hi Amanda,

although i am agree with what you are saying, but you have to know that, we are here to promote our service and not criticise other ppl's service.. some bands are strong, and some bands are weak, some bands are new, they may still need to improve.. yet no body start with a perfect team, if everyone sing like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, David Cook, play saxophone like kenny G, dave koz, play violin like vanessa, then all are playing for concert dy lo!! i make mistake when play viva forever using panflute, i heard from your demo, you play wrong note in soprano sax also.. no one is perfect lah.. haha.. sorry.. i am here not to criticise anyone.. i respect everyone who learn music.. no matter good or bad, as long as they hv passion on it. they will improve! ;)

Hi Amanda,

although i am agree with what you are saying, but you have to know that, we are here to promote our service and not criticise other ppl's service.. some bands are strong, and some bands are weak, some bands are new, they may still need to improve.. yet no body start with a perfect team, if everyone sing like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, David Cook, play saxophone like kenny G, dave koz, play violin like vanessa, then all are playing for concert dy lo!! i make mistake when play viva forever using panflute, i heard from your demo, you play wrong note in soprano sax also.. no one is perfect lah.. haha.. sorry.. i am here not to criticise anyone.. i respect everyone who learn music.. no matter good or bad, as long as they hv passion on it. they will improve! ;)

Kojiki,I didn't mention any name here, so dont be alarmed. I am merely saying to the brides here to be careful in choosing 'live' bands.They are paying so much money for wedding decor, venue, photographers, car rental, etc...surely it IS wise not to choose a band that is poor in 1 language and strong in another? I think it's wiser to choose a band that can deliver a truly professional ambiance with their equally strong command in Chinese and English languages (not do a cin-cai show).

I'd love to see more professionalism in our local Wedding bands so that people will always have confidence in our industry...but sadly a lot of 'cin-cai' singers and musicians go around spoiling our industry with their substandard performance.

We need to ensure that we continue to uphold 1st class performance for all our clients and lead the way for other bands to follow.

Girls, you will find it essential to view the band with your own eyes and ears. Youtube videos are great to give you a taste of what the band can do....but after viewing it, you should set up a date to view their performance on an actual wedding. You do not have to go inside the ballroom....as you can hear the music at the entrance itself. That will give you a true picture of how good or bad the band is. I hope this helps.

Hi Amanda,

sorry if i said sth too over, i just feel that some bands are good enough and some bands are still to be better.. some hv alot experience but some are new and still gaining experience.. everyone gone thru this period of time.. that's why price is different, quality different.. we must encourage those serious musicians to be more profession, in the other hand, those cincai ppl simply come out and wanna earn alot money with grade 3 skill.. just wish they realise what they did one day.. that's the reason, to ensure our dearest brides and grooms in Malaysia to be able to get their right band, it's better to view real full songs demo on wedding performance.. ;)

Hi Amanda,

sorry if i said sth too over, i just feel that some bands are good enough and some bands are still to be better.. some hv alot experience but some are new and still gaining experience.. everyone gone thru this period of time.. that's why price is different, quality different.. we must encourage those serious musicians to be more profession, in the other hand, those cincai ppl simply come out and wanna earn alot money with grade 3 skill.. just wish they realise what they did one day.. that's the reason, to ensure our dearest brides and grooms in Malaysia to be able to get their right band, it's better to view real full songs demo on wedding performance.. ;)

Kojiki,...no harm done. I know you always try to be nice with your words..but sometimes it's best to tell the couples the truth about these amateurs who try to be professionals on stage but dont have the talent for it and spoil people's wedding.

Yes, no doubt they are very cheap cos they know their standard is cheap ma. That is why you and me must always maintain our good performances so that they have a benchmark to compare themselves with.

Dear all,

at 1st i plan to hire live band but due to budget constraint ,i call it off.

AD nite, I sang during my 2nd march in alone -surprise for my hubby ( hubby bday on our AD) and some games by Emcee.

Overall, everyone enjoyed the nite.

Dear all,

AD nite, I sang during my 2nd march in alone -surprise for my hubby ( hubby bday on our AD) and some games by Emcee.

can share what games your emcee played? that's sound good:)

We only played 2 games due to time constraint.

Guess who is Bride - groom touch last finger of ji muis + bride

Guess who is Groom - heng dais + groom shout "i love you"

If you have enough time, you may play the find the groom.Groom will sit somewhere at the guest tables, all guests waved their hands.You need to find groom among others.

Dear all,

haha, good idea wo, mind to share your wedding program? can PM me if too P&C, i am still working on mine, I also don't plan to have live band

If you have enough time, you may play the find the groom.Groom will sit somewhere at the guest tables, all guests waved their hands.You need to find groom among others.

Dear all,

Can share your wedding program with me too? Thanks!

Dear all,

We have 5 different Live Bands for you to choose from. Each band has its own charm and unique Music to fit into your Wedding Theme.

Pls email to me at events.empire@gmail.com

We perform in all over Malaysia and Asia Pacific countries. :thumbsu:

post-21083-0-39789600-1364400122_thumb.j

post-21083-0-18170600-1364400166_thumb.j

post-21083-0-20362000-1364400176_thumb.j

post-21083-0-05272800-1364400196_thumb.j

post-21083-0-35083000-1364400218_thumb.j

Hello Everyone,

Good news everyone, we added Magicians to our service packages,

Please check us out and ask for our quotations.

And please check out our Wedding Live Bands, we are able to play virtually every kind of music possible,

the band can perform for any occasion including weddings,

conventions, festivals, and all other public and private events. Our band features with extremely talented vocalists and musicians.

Each performance includes significant audience interaction, and because of the diversity of the band's immense song lists, there is

something for everybody to enjoy.

Check us out at http://www.wedding-l...d-malaysia.com/

Warmest Regards,

Debbie