Sign in to follow this  
lovu100

Ipoh Hor Fun

Just wondering anyone know how to cook Ipoh Sar Hor Fun?

I want to learn la. but don't know where. any recommendation?

personal or shop also no problem. as long as is good taste.

I don't know about sar hor fun. But can share the chicken hor fun.

Most important thing in Ipoh Hor Fun is the well... hor fun itself. If you notice, the ipoh hor fun is very smooth and thin, unlike the normal hor fun we have. This is the trick to the famous hor fun. You have to get this type of hor fun first.

I don't exactly know how to cook ipoh chicken hor fun but I have seen it cooked hundreds of time. I used to stay just opposite a very famous ipoh chicken hor fun shop in Ipoh :)

For the soup, you need to fry the chicken legs and neck. Just marinate it for a while with a little salt, pepper, oyster sause and sesame oil. I'm not sure why the shop owner use legs and neck though. Probably because it is not used in the dish. After frying, boil and simmer the fried legs and neck for at least 2 hours. Salt to taste. The soup is ready.

As for hor fun, just cook the hor fun ( a little while only) and put it in the soup prepared. Then, slice the chicken (steamed) and place them on top of the hor fun. Sprinkle with a little onion shoots.

I also don't know got any. haha.

but yours sounds good. i also want to try someday. haha

I don't know about sar hor fun. But can share the chicken hor fun.

Most important thing in Ipoh Hor Fun is the well... hor fun itself. If you notice, the ipoh hor fun is very smooth and thin, unlike the normal hor fun we have. This is the trick to the famous hor fun. You have to get this type of hor fun first.

I don't exactly know how to cook ipoh chicken hor fun but I have seen it cooked hundreds of time. I used to stay just opposite a very famous ipoh chicken hor fun shop in Ipoh :)

For the soup, you need to fry the chicken legs and neck. Just marinate it for a while with a little salt, pepper, oyster sause and sesame oil. I'm not sure why the shop owner use legs and neck though. Probably because it is not used in the dish. After frying, boil and simmer the fried legs and neck for at least 2 hours. Salt to taste. The soup is ready.

As for hor fun, just cook the hor fun ( a little while only) and put it in the soup prepared. Then, slice the chicken (steamed) and place them on top of the hor fun. Sprinkle with a little onion shoots.

Thank you so much.

I will definately try this recipe :)