joycewjl@hotmail.com

I need a church for my wedding ceremony

Hi I'm urgently looking for one now. Do you have any recommendation which a lunch buffet can be cater thereafter? St Andrew doesnt allow that..

thanks!

Hi, I've also been looking for a church but I heard from a friend who had her wedding in St Andrew's that they were quite difficult when she wanted to hold her ceremony there. I believe you have to also order flowers from their specified florist which she found worked out to quite a lot for her floral arrangements.

Would any of you happen to have St Peter's contact number and also know how much they charge for rental?

Thanks!

Sorry but i do not have st Peter no as i personally drop by at the church and spoke to them. The rental is about RM800 if i am not mistaken..

is there any other charges beside RM800 for the rental.for example cleaning,PS system n so on...if wanna hv buffet lunch then need to pay extra?

For church weddings, you really need to schedule it at least 6 months before your actual day. Because, most churches will want you to go through pre marriage counselling. If you are attached to a church where you are (home church - presumably out of KL/PJ), then the easiest way to go about it now would be to talk to your home church pastor/priest and see if they can help you. If not, chances are very slim you'll be able to hold a church wedding. There are quite a bit of protocol and procedures involved. I am also going through the process of getting a church wedding confirmed, but it is really not easy.

Hi, I've also been looking for a church but I heard from a friend who had her wedding in St Andrew's that they were quite difficult when she wanted to hold her ceremony there. I believe you have to also order flowers from their specified florist which she found worked out to quite a lot for her floral arrangements.

Would any of you happen to have St Peter's contact number and also know how much they charge for rental?

Thanks!

Sorry but i do not have st Peter no as i personally drop by at the church and spoke to them. The rental is about RM800 if i am not mistaken..

Hi jocyewjl,

Im interested on rental of st peter church..May i know who is the person incharge for the rental of st peter church? When u drop by the church? During weekend or weekday? I tried to call them so many times, nobody pick up the phone call. And also i went there twice, the church was closed. So difficult to contact them la... Im looking a church for my wedding ceremony on Dec'09..

Thanks.

Hi Janice,

I called up a couple of churches in PJ and KL. I tried calling up St Peter Church admin office and the lady told me a man named Mr Sunny is incharge of this church rental and she gave me his hp no. When I called up that number, it was the wrong number and I called up that lady again. She told me that is the same number and not keen in finding out when I told it is the wrong number. After that she just hung up. Very bad and poor service. Straight away I strike off this church from my list.

You can try St Andrew, check the website..not open on public hols. First Baptist Church, good and big but the most expensive charges. Zion Lutheran Brickfield very nice church - RM700!! I love this but unfortunately it is not suitable after taking other stuffs into consideration. Tamil Methodist Brickfield also very nice.

The other churches like Glad Tiding, Trinity Methodist is not open to the public. Finally I have decided not to held my ceremony in the church but at a garden.

All the best.

Cheers,

Jenny

Thanks!

Hi jocyewjl,

Im interested on rental of st peter church..May i know who is the person incharge for the rental of st peter church? When u drop by the church? During weekend or weekday? I tried to call them so many times, nobody pick up the phone call. And also i went there twice, the church was closed. So difficult to contact them la... Im looking a church for my wedding ceremony on Dec'09..

Thanks.

hi jenny,

Same experience when i called up the st peter church. So may be i will go direct to the church and speak to their pastor or person in charge.

St Andrew have many rules and regulations la and also not allow us to have reception after the ceremony,not really wan to go for it.

Zion Lutheran very nice but i think the church quite small, dont know can fit 120 - 150 ppl or not...they not allow to rent out the church during Dec month. Headache for finding the church!! When is your AD ya?

hi jenny,

Same experience when i called up the st peter church. So may be i will go direct to the church and speak to their pastor or person in charge.

St Andrew have many rules and regulations la and also not allow us to have reception after the ceremony,not really wan to go for it.

Zion Lutheran very nice but i think the church quite small, dont know can fit 120 - 150 ppl or not...they not allow to rent out the church during Dec month. Headache for finding the church!! When is your AD ya?

Hi Janice,

I suggest you go on Sunday for their service. After that you can talk to the Pastor. I went on a weekday morning but it was close as well. No idea when they are open, for Sunday for sure it is open. Although St Andrew has a lot of rules and regulations but they are quite lient. I have a friend who had his wedding there. He has no problem and the church allow him to use the fellowship hall for reception provided it is not occupied for other events. Zion Lutheran can fix in about 150 ppl. My AD is on Sept 09.

Cheers,

Jenny

I recently went and get quotes from St. Peters (look for Mr George)and this is what they gave me

* = Compulsory

*Main Sanctuary RM1500

*Audio/Video Rm 150

Screen Rm150

Organist Rm50

Florist Rm200

Foyer (for receiption) Rm150

*Verger Rm100

So that total up to quite a high amount actually. On top of that is Deposit of RM1k non-refundable and also you need to give security deposit of RM750 incase any damage they won't return that.

Other stuffs are standard. 2 hours rehearsal, no nails in pews etc etc oh and no Confetti You either rent the foyer for RM150 or a mini hall for RM750 which is just way too expensive in my opinion..

hi joyce,

hav u tried the st. andrew before? they r opened to outsider.. i'm the member there.. and will hold my wedding there.. may b u can hav a try.. at the bukit raja there.. a classical building.. christian one..

Hi,

I going to have my wedding at church also but my FH is christian and he long time no go church for serving already... I wanted to done at St. Andrew also... Can give me guideline? Also pastor...

Thank you

Hi,

Does anyone have any church contact in PJ / Subang Area?

I have tried FBC, PJ Gospel Hall, and Luther Church, but all either date not available or members only.

Thank you.