sywiser

"Mozart Effect" makes baby smarter?

Ever tried listening to music while you're underwater? That's how our babies feel. Even loud music will be softened because of the fluid - the fluid and mummy's body will absorb most of the sound leaving just soft sounds which can be soothing.

I don't just listen to Mozart...I listen to other classical composers, New Age and oldies even!!!! :smile:

Wahhh... thanks for the info Meiteoh & happi. Me just have so many questions over this music thingy..

Then my next question is.. you ladies mention listening to music here means listening via radio rite? Like in a room or something?

What about ipod? Does the sound "travels" to the tummy? I travelled in plane and taxi a lot... so my best friend is my Ipod.

Sorry to ask so many question.. am just preparing myself earlier just in case our little angel come knocking into our lives :rolleyes:

If you're listening via earphones, only you can hear it. When we say listening to music here, it means putting it on WITHOUT earphones, turning it into ambient sound or "background" sound. :)

Trust me, you'll have lots of time to prepare when baby comes. Usually listening for babies only start around the 2nd trimester. In the first trimester, the organs are still developing. :)