Sign in to follow this  
funlover

Help !!! Work in S'pore or Stay in M'sia

Dear all,

I been offered a job in Jurong Island on renewable yearly sontract...

The question here is....

Should i go there or opt to stay here with my family ??

If i go s'pore, pros are

1. will expose to oil & gas experience...(better future)

2. I will be able to settle all my debts in less than a year..

3. I will extra cash to reno my new house..

4. Pay in SGD....

Cons..

1. Need to travel back to hometown Seremban every friday after work.

2. Will be away from my wife & children...

3. Will be lonely in s'pore ??

So, need comments from all especially those working in s'pore currently...

As you can see urself, the points for Pros is more than Cons.

After you have settled down in SG, u can always arrange for ur wife + children to go SG also rite?

Fun,

My opinions are below your queries yeah :P

Dear all,

I been offered a job in Jurong Island on renewable yearly sontract...

The question here is....

Should i go there or opt to stay here with my family ??

If i go s'pore, pros are

1. will expose to oil & gas experience...(better future)

CY : No doubt generally O&G industry will give u a better prospect but what about the company itself? Not all O&G company is having the same standard for its employees.

2. I will be able to settle all my debts in less than a year..

CY : No comments as you have a better understanding of your own financial commitments.

3. I will extra cash to reno my new house..

CY : Same as my reply to item (2) above.

4. Pay in SGD....

CY : Have you considered the accomodation and taxes issue?

Cons..

1. Need to travel back to hometown Seremban every friday after work.

CY : Where is your current working place? Seremban? TBH, it's rather difficult to travel every fri from SG to Seremban as time is one issue, what if occasionally you have to work during the weekend?

2. Will be away from my wife & children...

CY : It really depends whether your wife is prepared and capable to manage on her own during your absence.

3. Will be lonely in s'pore ??

CY : Do you have any friends or relatives in SG? If yes, then I believe you wont be lonely. If no, initially you might be lonely, but after sometime you will get your pals as well.

It's all my 2 cents yeah :D

Hi funlover:

It is very tired if you wan to go back to seremban every friday because it's quite jam in the custom, if u intend to take bus from Larkin JB. If you wan to go back from Singapore it is quite expensive. SGD 30 one way and the bus is direct bus to KL so u have to stop at highway. Plus if you wan to go back to singapore on sunday also very crowded. You will most likely reach home at around 12am on friday and have to go out at around 3 pm reached JB at 7pm and that time custom and JB very jam. It is really very tired. The rental at singapore now very expensive. At least 400 sgd for a very small room (only can put one bed and one cupboard, not much space left), no aircon include electricity. But if u can apply for PR then all things will be much easier. U can apply PR for ur wife then she also can work there lor. Ur children can stay there as well but be careful coz if ur child is singapore PR they have to serve Army for 2 yrs. There is always pros and cons working in singapore, maybe u can give a try lar. Do u think of how long u wan to work in singapore? long term or short term like 1/2 yrs?

thanks everyone for the advise & comments..

actually i plan to work there for one yr then decide either want to continue or not..

Yupe, i knew fri will be crowded in causeway & i dont mind walking across from CIQ, S'pore to M'sia & vice versa...

So, any more comments ??

since ur working place will b at jurong island, my advice to u is to live somewhere in the west of singapore n go throught the Tuas checkpoints for ur weekly trip to and from home. the toll charges r more but it's more convenient n fast for u.

as others have said, it all depends on ur career aspiration n ur own needs. n ur wife's blessing of course :)