Sign in to follow this  
Tash

Cinque Terre, Italy.

Over the weekend, HB and I went to Cinque Terre, (literally meaning 5 villages) in Italy. I do not exaggerate when I say that it is the most beautiful place I have ever been to in my life. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

I would strongly recommend Cinque Terre to those who are thinking of having their honeymoon in Italy.

HB and I were adventurous and completed the entire 12km hike in one day. For those who are on honeymoon, it would be good to space out the 12 km trail within 2 days or so. The view, the whole romantic feel, the sunset, the crystal clear waters, the Lovers Walk make it really worth it.

I was so amazed at the sheer beauty of Cinque Terre that I feel so humbled to be able to have seen such a beautiful place. It is THAT beautiful. Pictures alone do not do this place justice. But here are some pictures anyway, just to let you girls have an idea.

DSC05762.jpg

DSC05674.jpg

DSC05673.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

For more pictures and Part One of our trip to Cinque Terre, click HERE

I've updated the second installment of my trip to Cinque Terre. Click HERE for more pictures and my write-up.

Hi Tash,

Thanks for sharing those great experience & photos.

Fully agree that the place are very special.

Will try to arrange for my honeymoon as well. When nearer to the date, can i pester u for more infor?

Hi Tash,

Thanks for sharing those great experience & photos.

Fully agree that the place are very special.

Will try to arrange for my honeymoon as well. When nearer to the date, can i pester u for more infor?

Sure thing! I'd be more than happy to help. :lol: Not many Malaysians have heard of, much less been to Cinque Terre. I'd be so happy if more Malaysians knew about this beautiful place. Usually its the same ol' places; Rome, Tuscany, Venice.

When is your estimated honeymoon date?

I'm still drooling over your trip pics lar.. :)

I'm still looking through my own pictures! :lol::lol: :P

I'm still drooling over your trip pics lar.. :)

I'm still looking through my own pictures! :lol::lol: :P

Dear Tash,

We are planning our honeymoon in Tuscany, could u advise us if it is easy to go around via bus? We are thinking of going to a few towns - sienna, montepulcino, volterra and two more... we dont know italian...

hubby doesnt like to drive and we start arguing when i navigate!!

thanks

RGds

Jac

Jchin,

Do you mean to say that you will spend your honeymoon ONLY in Tuscany and nowhere else in Italy? And how many days are you planning to be in Tuscany?

Jchin,

Do you mean to say that you will spend your honeymoon ONLY in Tuscany and nowhere else in Italy? And how many days are you planning to be in Tuscany?

Hi Tash,

Does that sound surprising? I just fell in love with the Tuscan rolling hills and so much history. I watch many movies that's why. From Room with a View to Under the Tuscan sun. We are planning to stay for about 12-13 days. Hubby doenst like to drive so dunno whether public transport i.e. bus is good? Otherwise have to go for tour! UNfortunately tour includes lots of places I dont want to go like the cities Rome Florence Venice which I have been before. So u think we can do it by bus? Our Italian is limited to food ordering ;)

Thanks

Jchin

Jchin,

p.s. I think that you are living the sweet life ... la dolce vita! the places u go is awesome. i wish i could live there but i can only go for 13 days

Jchin,

Hi Tash,

Does that sound surprising? I just fell in love with the Tuscan rolling hills and so much history. I watch many movies that's why. From Room with a View to Under the Tuscan sun. We are planning to stay for about 12-13 days. Hubby doenst like to drive so dunno whether public transport i.e. bus is good? Otherwise have to go for tour! UNfortunately tour includes lots of places I dont want to go like the cities Rome Florence Venice which I have been before. So u think we can do it by bus? Our Italian is limited to food ordering ;)

Thanks

Jchin

You know what? Kudos to you. That's what a honeymoon should be about (to me anyway :lol: ) instead of trying to fit as many places as possible in a few weeks.

There are many crazy things about Italy, but the bus service isnt one of them. Not in Modena anyway. But since Tuscany has many tourists, I daresay their bus service wouldnt be too shabby, although I have no personal experience with it. I did a little googling and I saw that Tuscany has many bus companies serving different routes. Links HERE and HERE.

I do think that it would be quite convenient for you to travel around by bus. I think once you have established the exact place you wanna go, you can refer to the map (available at the website) and see the arrival times of the buses.

I think you need not worry too much about the language part, I am sure they are used to tourists who speak English. In any case, if you don't understand, say this:

1. Non parlo Italiano (I don't speak Italian)

2. I do not understand (Non capisco)

3. Do you speak English? (parla Inglese?)

Haha, those are my most used phrases here :P at the market, on the road etc

Hope it helps somewhat ;)

Jchin,

p.s. I think that you are living the sweet life ... la dolce vita! the places u go is awesome. i wish i could live there but i can only go for 13 days

Haha, trust me. Living here and being here on holiday are two totally different things. Living here sometimes make me wanna :dash2::dash2::dash2:

:lol:

Tash,

Thank you for sharing such a nice place... I hope I have the chance to visit.. the sea water so clearrrrrrrr...

You're most welcome Berry. Italy will be right here waiting for you. :lol:

Jchin,

Hi Tash,

Thanks

Jchin

You know what? Kudos to you. That's what a honeymoon should be about (to me anyway :lol: ) instead of trying to fit as many places as possible in a few weeks.

There are many crazy things about Italy, but the bus service isnt one of them. Not in Modena anyway. But since Tuscany has many tourists, I daresay their bus service wouldnt be too shabby, although I have no personal experience with it. I did a little googling and I saw that Tuscany has many bus companies serving different routes. Links HERE and HERE.

I do think that it would be quite convenient for you to travel around by bus. I think once you have established the exact place you wanna go, you can refer to the map (available at the website) and see the arrival times of the buses.

I think you need not worry too much about the language part, I am sure they are used to tourists who speak English. In any case, if you don't understand, say this:

1. Non parlo Italiano (I don't speak Italian)

2. I do not understand (Non capisco)

3. Do you speak English? (parla Inglese?)

Haha, those are my most used phrases here :P at the market, on the road etc

Hope it helps somewhat ;)

Hey! Tash

Thanks so much for advice. Now I fell not so worried about the whole thing!

Rgds

JChin

Jchin,

Haha, trust me. Living here and being here on holiday are two totally different things. Living here sometimes make me wanna :dash2::dash2::dash2:

:lol:

Gong Xi Fa Cai! I hope that everything is well with you. I can understand what you mean, real life is not like the "movie version". Have a good holiday. Thanks for advice.