Hey summer,

Never heard this kind of services is provided in Malaysia, at least JB. Mmm...but what kind of counselling you are needed?

Maybe our boards member can give you some advise.

B)

Hm ! need u guys advise...

Q : how to be a good wife( what a husband expect ?)

, good daughther in law ( what my parents in law want ??) , good.......

how to manage a happiness family ????

Help !

Is it better to attend pre-marital counselling?

I think church is offering this kind of courses...

For me, I think to have a good relationship, despite of mutual communication, we must respect to each other. Problems always arise when 1 of the party doens't has the word 'respect' in their dictionary. This is word is not only applied to the younger one :)

I have just finish my PMC in church. I would encourage all couple to attend a PMC before they get married. Before PMC, my FH and I thought that we knew each other very well. During PMC, there's still so many things to explore about each other. Through sharing, games and activities, we are able to understand not only more about each other but how we work as a couple too. We cover topics such as gender differences, how family/parents affect us, communication, sex, how we deal with money, housework, children.... We even have an activity that wanted us to display furniture in a flat. That's fun cos you started to see couples disagreeing with each other and how they solve conflicts. Go for it. I believed that it will provide a good foundation before your marriage.

Hie...this is my first post...I was wondering if anyone would by any chance know of where to get pre-marital counselling in KL??

Godprincess, it seems as though your PMC was very interesting..may I know which church did you go to?

Hi!

I'm a Buddhist and I've been trawling the web for pre-marriage preparation courses. But I can't find any in KL / PJ? I know churches organize them for their members, but since I am not a church member and I think my parents won't like the idea of me attending courses in a church, would anyone know of any such courses for Buddhists?

I've found that the National Women & Family Development Ministry developed a package called "Smartstart" for newly-weds. But I think it'll be better to attend a course rather than read a book!

Anyone can help out please? Thanks! :)

Perhaps you can ask at 'tian hou gong'? Not sure whether they have but no harm asking. Even if they don't perhaps they can throw some light on where is it available.

For your info, one of the requirement to be married in a church is that you have attended the pre-marriage course. If not, they won't allow you to have the wedding in church

I have just finish my PMC in church. I would encourage all couple to attend a PMC before they get married. Before PMC, my FH and I thought that we knew each other very well. During PMC, there's still so many things to explore about each other. Through sharing, games and activities, we are able to understand not only more about each other but how we work as a couple too. We cover topics such as gender differences, how family/parents affect us, communication, sex, how we deal with money, housework, children.... We even have an activity that wanted us to display furniture in a flat. That's fun cos you started to see couples disagreeing with each other and how they solve conflicts. Go for it. I believed that it will provide a good foundation before your marriage.

Hi, Godprincess, sound very interesting. I would like to know which church too.... :unsure:

Hi gals, I have a schedule of the pre-marital counseling sessions nationwide, sponsored by National Population and Family Development Board. If you guys want a copy, just PM me. :)

Hi!

I'm a Buddhist and I've been trawling the web for pre-marriage preparation courses. But I can't find any in KL / PJ? I know churches organize them for their members, but since I am not a church member and I think my parents won't like the idea of me attending courses in a church, would anyone know of any such courses for Buddhists?

I've found that the National Women & Family Development Ministry developed a package called "Smartstart" for newly-weds. But I think it'll be better to attend a course rather than read a book!

Anyone can help out please? Thanks! smile.gif

This might be a bit late but there is such sessions in Buddhist Gem Fellowship(BGF), in SS2 PJ.

Hi gals, just thought of sharing my experience with all of you (no, I don't get any commission for this :P ). Last month, I attended a very useful pre-marriage counselling at BGF in SS2 area, PJ. This Smart Start programme, sponsored by Lembaga Penduduk & Pembangunan Keluarga Negara (LPPKN), was a two-day weekend course, where topics like expectations, personality differences, conflict management, sexual intimacy, finance and marriage-related issues were discussed. Personally, my fiance and I learned and benefited a lot from this workshop. Not only that we are seeing marriage from a clearer perspective, but we are also arguing more healthily now. What's more, we were also given delicious meals (2 lunches and 4 teabreaks) and reading materials during the course for RM50 fee per couple. It was non-religious, except for the last module that covered marriage in Buddhism's values (those not interested in this were allowed to leave first).

They will be having another session on Nov 3 & 4, 2007. If you're interested, please contact Ms Iris Goh at 016-302 5792 or email irisgohkf@yahoo.com.

I totally agree, just finished mine 2 weeks ago :)

Saw in newsletter about a pre-marital course. Not sure whether it is the Smart Start programme. It is for couple who are planning to get married and those who are married for less than 3 years. Here's the details:

Date : 1 & 8 Dec 2007

Time : 9am - 4pm

Venue : Calvary Life Ministries, Damansara Perdana

Fees : RM50 per couple, inclusive of materials, tea breaks and lunch

Course includes :

1) Getting to know you

2) Discovering our expectations

3) Facing conlict and challenges

4) It is good to talk

5) Building sexual intimacy

6) Finance and family

Please contact : clm@clm.org.my Tel :03-77103360

I would love to attend but my hb will be away overseas during these times. I wonder if we can attend as a single person than a couple. But I guess it will be a bit weird. Others are in pairs, me single. :(

I just came back from a Marriage Preparation Course in JB! At Majodi Centre..next week is in CHinese...

It is a good experience..at least an eye-opener. I think it is a good thing if couple can attend the course.

I was about to share the info with all of you tomorrow as I am compliling it before I paste it here.

Oh ya...mine is a Catholic Marriage Preparation Course. :)

Good for Catholics marrying someone who is not a catholic...and also Catholic couples la of course...

Oh ya...mine is a Catholic Marriage Preparation Course. :)

Good for Catholics marrying someone who is not a catholic...and also Catholic couples la of course...

hi eunice.anne4,

can share wat is the topic covers in the Catholic Marriage Preparation Course?

hi all.. errr... how do you get your husband to agree to attend the PMC?

i casually brought up the subject 5 mins ago and my husband was wide-eyed and asked me "We need meh?", laughed and walked away..