juanil

Live Bands/Entertainment for Wedding in Kuching

Hi aydione,

Congrats and welcome to MB! :smile: My AD also before CNY '10. Yeah, I agree with Ling. Piano + Violin actually a perfect match for a wedding! Classical and romantic... :wub: I would like to have one if it's within our budget.

Oh ya .. if just 1 violist you don't really can see the violin effect, at least 4 - 6, that's what recommended by my niece.

Hi aydione,

Congrats and welcome to MB! :smile: My AD also before CNY '10. Yeah, I agree with Ling. Piano + Violin actually a perfect match for a wedding! Classical and romantic... :wub: I would like to have one if it's within our budget.

Ling,

Yeah, true. Due to money constraint, me and FH plan to play songs selected by us. What you think? Any suggestions? :happy:

Ling,

Yeah, true. Due to money constraint, me and FH plan to play songs selected by us. What you think? Any suggestions? :happy:

When it comes to strings instruments..the more the merrier! that's why you see soooooo many VIolinists, Violists, Cellists and Double Bassists in an Orchestra. The more you have, the more depth the music will be. Otherwise...why all the Orchestras insist on having so many?

Of course...more musicians will mean more cost.

juanil,

my friend also played the selected songs for the dinner, nothing is wrong.

amanda,

For violin is not the more the merrier, if just one piece you don't really hear the sound from violin rather it has been overlap by other instruments. For orchestra, it depends on the size, some may need up to 10 violist or more, unless you are playing solo then the rest of instruments become the backup.

Ling,

Thanks... I'm asking this because I'm worried that some of my guests might feel boring so we are thinking of playing oldies along the way as well.

juanil,

I recall back of what my friend did in her dinner at tien court.

She prepared a list of songs to be played in between and got the karaoke too but only 2 guests are sang on that night and one of them including my HB! haahhaha :lol: then she has a friend who played the pi-par solo for 2 songs.

Actually I prefer just musics/songs .. oh ya either you are using lok thien or tien court please tell them not to put the speaker too near to the guests' tables, too loud.

juanil,

I recall back of what my friend did in her dinner at tien court.

She prepared a list of songs to be played in between and got the karaoke too but only 2 guests are sang on that night and one of them including my HB! haahhaha :lol: then she has a friend who played the pi-par solo for 2 songs.

Actually I prefer just musics/songs .. oh ya either you are using lok thien or tien court please tell them not to put the speaker too near to the guests' tables, too loud.

Ling,

For sure your HB can sing very well ya? Speaker not too near to the guests' table ya? Sure! Thanks for the advice... Really appreciate it! :wub:

juanil,

he ah? he can sing but problem with timing. Last night we rehearsal two songs, still have the timing problem so I have to "time" him properly =P

yaya .. watch up on that because we always kena the speaker and it was too loud! last year wedding at tien court, we left the room before the wedding finished! ahahah .. too loud and we can't chat, we have to shout very loud! haahahha

juanil,

yaya .. please take note, otherwise guests wouldn't be able to enjoy the dinner while chatting with their friends. Even you want to mingle around and chit chat with them also difficult, have to shout! :wacko3:

aydione,

*nod nod* riverside has a grand piano .. ahh I think is a baby grand piano =P

Are my nieces and nephew musical talented? ahh .. one of my nieces - yes! she just graduated from Aus from her music degree and the other two nieces are just interested in music. Basically each of them can play 2 instrument and above.

What I will do for the night is, get les paul to set up the system then rent the piano keyboard from les paul. I wish to get the piano to Banquet but it is not possible to do, so we turn to keyboard since my niece says it can be done.

My niece is a pianist and violist (the one who graduated from Aus) =P so on my night she will in charge of these two instrument and beside she also can play base guitar kakakakakaka =D

You can try to check with IMH (where my niece is working with now) I'm not sure how much they will charge, but the sound system wasn't as good as les paul.

I willl say Karaoke is a bit old fashion but even live band also have to be careful. Last year attended a friend's wedding at Tian Court, OMG! so loud and it becomes a mini concert for that few singers @.@

wow BG, i can imagine the cozy atmosphere on that night :wub: ur niece is so talented.. she can actually help out by playing few musical instruments on that night, must be cool

my fren suggested IMH also.. but i havent check out the price yet.. by hearing the name (IMH), it should be over my budget i guess :bye: i din know that i still need to invest in sound system? i tot a piano and a violinist would be enough without sound system.. guess i hv overlooked this.. maybe i should survey on the price first

Hi aydione,

Thanks juanil :wub: Piano + Violin = In my mind.. now I'm trying to calculate my budget, see if I'm able to have that

juanil.. ur AD date has been set?

Oh ya .. if just 1 violist you don't really can see the violin effect, at least 4 - 6, that's what recommended by my niece.

BG, i din know that it needs 4 - 6 violinists to make the effect :ohmy: .. i tot i only need 1 with 1 piano :wacko: guess i've overlooked this again hehehe

aydione,

It depends on your dinner venue, if it is a small hall without the sound system should be ok but I can tell you it is very soft. mmm .. during my friend's son's full month, they hired a small group of orchestra without using the sound system, ops .. too soft and only the front tables can hear it. The chit chatting even louder than the music.

I never check with IMH but I heard they charge in between RM1500 - RM2000, not sure whether does it including sound system, even included the sound system wasn't that great. Another one is shang ying (I think is this spelling) or another school at 3rd mile near to the fly over, do check with their price.

I'm lucky that my nieces and nephew can play music. My niece will entertain the guests with some soft music before we matching in, then at the end of the dinner they will play few rock music before ending the night =)

Hi aydione,

Thanks juanil :wub: Piano + Violin = In my mind.. now I'm trying to calculate my budget, see if I'm able to have that

juanil.. ur AD date has been set?

aydione,

My AD is on 29.01.2010. How about you? Have you set your date yet? You're from Kuching too, right?

aydione,

It depends on your dinner venue, if it is a small hall without the sound system should be ok but I can tell you it is very soft. mmm .. during my friend's son's full month, they hired a small group of orchestra without using the sound system, ops .. too soft and only the front tables can hear it. The chit chatting even louder than the music.

I never check with IMH but I heard they charge in between RM1500 - RM2000, not sure whether does it including sound system, even included the sound system wasn't that great. Another one is shang ying (I think is this spelling) or another school at 3rd mile near to the fly over, do check with their price.

I'm lucky that my nieces and nephew can play music. My niece will entertain the guests with some soft music before we matching in, then at the end of the dinner they will play few rock music before ending the night =)

Actually I havent visited the dinner venue, so I'm not so sure whether it's spacious or small.. as we hv few venue places in mind but undecided yet. oohh.. orchestra played too soft and the chit chatting was louder than music.. that sounded very kolian..

I'll go check out with my FH when he's free... Thanks very much for the infor :lol: i'll try to chk out the 3 mentioned

Initially I tot that the piano sound is loud by itself already.. I tot it can cover the whole venue.. I nv tot piano might still need sound system.. so when I visit the 3 music houses, I will need to chk with them :biggrin:

aydione,

My AD is on 29.01.2010. How about you? Have you set your date yet? You're from Kuching too, right?

Ohh icic.. I jus realize that I can see your date at your signature bar there haha.. My date has not been set yet. My church ceremony will be in Tabuan Height Anglican new church :lol: yes, both me and FH are Kuchingnites too

aydione,

If you have decided the venue, look at the no. of guests both families intended to invite (if combine dinner) then you can plan for that. Actually banquet's stage is small, what I plan to do is, I will have the band stage on one side then wedding stage on another side, I have told my nieces and nephew they seem ok with my proposal. =)

That full-moon dinner is at mien ann and really kolien la, the music too soft and luckily I was quite near to the stage otherwise I won't be able to enjoy the music too and guests seem not appreciate the music, aiks .. lagi kolien!

If piano itself without drum should be ok, but for my case is cannot la! haahhaha .. drum is too loud and it covers the piano's sound thus we go for keyboard.

aydione,

Ohh icic.. I jus realize that I can see your date at your signature bar there haha.. My date has not been set yet. My church ceremony will be in Tabuan Height Anglican new church :lol: yes, both me and FH are Kuchingnites too

You should finalize your AD first then can decide the venue for your reception. Should do it earlier because some restaurant might be fully booked. Like Thian Court, they almost fully booked for January 2010 when I place my booking last month!

Hi aydione,

if you are thinking to have a western style wedding dinner, i think a pianist and a singer will give you a memorable night!if you scare whole night ppl wil get boring with same style performance, probably u can get a saxophone as well, so got singing, and saxophone solo, then wil be very romantic already! ;) no need to get so many violinist.. save cost.. :D

*nod nod* kojiki is right, pianist + singer will be good or otherwise you hire a band who can play some jazz/blues songs. Last year end we hired a band who can play jazz for our annual dinner, it is nice =)

Hi aydione,

if you are thinking to have a western style wedding dinner, i think a pianist and a singer will give you a memorable night!if you scare whole night ppl wil get boring with same style performance, probably u can get a saxophone as well, so got singing, and saxophone solo, then wil be very romantic already! ;) no need to get so many violinist.. save cost.. :D

if you are looking for an example, this is a band from singapore... and they have videos on the website on the different instruments or ideas u can have.

I'm hiring them for singapore and kuching. http://yourstrulyweddings.blogspot.com/

The lead singer is famous, hehehe she sang with david tao in he's concert...

jojo

My friends will be performing for our wedding both during the ceremony and reception. For the bridal march at the reception, there will be a solo performance (Cant help falling in love) with keyboard and violin. As for the rest of the performance for the night, keyboard, few types of guitars, drums and violin will be used, depending on the songs. Some might only use accoustic guitar, some piano only etc. However, for poco poco dance, we have to use cd. By this way, we can save our budget for the entertainment. We only have to worry about the sound system that is provided by Thian Court.

Ling, how much does it cost to hire Les Paul and use their sound system?

casperina,

I haven't check with Les Paul, my brother told me it might starting from RM1500 onward for banquet's hall. I shall check with Les Paul or get my brother to check with them.

My friends will be performing for our wedding both during the ceremony and reception. For the bridal march at the reception, there will be a solo performance (Cant help falling in love) with keyboard and violin. As for the rest of the performance for the night, keyboard, few types of guitars, drums and violin will be used, depending on the songs. Some might only use accoustic guitar, some piano only etc. However, for poco poco dance, we have to use cd. By this way, we can save our budget for the entertainment. We only have to worry about the sound system that is provided by Thian Court.

Ling, how much does it cost to hire Les Paul and use their sound system?