xbb

Welcome here, all JB brides...

xbb,

need to find out then let you know.

angielynn,

Where is the exact location of the wedding cake shop you mentioned?? Mount Austin?? Do you have the address or telephone number?? What is the range of the price?? My AD is 31 May but need the cake on 23 May. Do you think I can join you and xbb for the discount of bulk order?

hi,

trying looking in this website.. the address and price range is in there. have a look and let me or xbb know. http://www.jbexplorer.com/sharingmoments/

xbb,

need to find out then let you know.

angielynn,

Where is the exact location of the wedding cake shop you mentioned?? Mount Austin?? Do you have the address or telephone number?? What is the range of the price?? My AD is 31 May but need the cake on 23 May. Do you think I can join you and xbb for the discount of bulk order?

hi,

trying looking in this website.. the address and price range is in there. have a look and let me or xbb know. http://www.jbexplorer.com/sharingmoments/

Btw, angielynn, how many boxes do u need?? which one did u choose??

I think i need only abt 25-30 boxes...

xbb, two more days to PS... quite excited n nervous... hardly could fall sleep now... :smile:

Wow... i think it will be the same for me if I'm u...

But u muz sleep early and drink more waterin the daytime to look beautiful... :cool:

Hihi, all...

Wat else do u think i have to prepare??

I've booked for

1. bridal shop,

2. Banquet venue

3. Will be going to the cake shop this weekend,

4. will visit the guo da li shop this two weeks

5. my bf is going to discuss with my mum abt the dowry and everything

6. still searching for suitable decorations..

Do u think is there anything i've overlooked or i have yet done for a wedding?? :wacko3:

Tq..

Love XBB...

XBB = xiao bao bei... haha.... :dash2:

Hihi, all...

I've booked for

1. bridal shop,

2. Banquet venue

Do u think is there anything i've overlooked or i have yet done for a wedding?? :wacko3:

Tq..

Love XBB...

These are what I've done:

1) Do you intend to hire PG & VG on your actual day?? If so, then I think you can start searching now. I've booked my VG and still searching for AD PG. BIG head now.......

2) Wedding car on the day?? I will use my friend's mercedes = give him ang pau loh

3) booked the restaurant & menu BUT food tasting will be 2 weeks b4 my big day.

4) my sister has helped me bought a new bedsheet during sales - she said much much cheaper

Things not done yet:

1) wedding shoe to buy - can only shop for it when I go home, 1 day b4 my PS.

2) Actual day make-up

3) cake shop - go home then order, hopefully they can deliver within 10 days

4) Guo Da li

5) decoration for the restaurant - can you share your vendors??

6) decoration & furniture for new room - go home then buy

7) accommodation for me and my family 'coz I'll 'chut mun' from Muar, be a hotel or apartment.

wow, a lot of things need to be done and I can only do it when I'm home. Everything will be last minute. Finger crossed...............

Oh yes, regarding the cake, I need about 50-60 but my mum prefer those traditional cake. A big round one/ 2 big round one (about 500 g- 1kg) in a box. I don't know how to describe, it is kind of very old traditional one - hok kien style. I can't find them in the cake shop that you mentioned.

Hihi, all...

I've booked for

1. bridal shop,

2. Banquet venue

Tq..

Love XBB...

These are what I've done:

1) Do you intend to hire PG & VG on your actual day?? If so, then I think you can start searching now. I've booked my VG and still searching for AD PG. BIG head now.......

2) Wedding car on the day?? I will use my friend's mercedes = give him ang pau loh

3) booked the restaurant & menu BUT food tasting will be 2 weeks b4 my big day.

4) my sister has helped me bought a new bedsheet during sales - she said much much cheaper

Things not done yet:

1) wedding shoe to buy - can only shop for it when I go home, 1 day b4 my PS.

2) Actual day make-up

3) cake shop - go home then order, hopefully they can deliver within 10 days

4) Guo Da li

5) decoration for the restaurant - can you share your vendors??

6) decoration & furniture for new room - go home then buy

7) accommodation for me and my family 'coz I'll 'chut mun' from Muar, be a hotel or apartment.

wow, a lot of things need to be done and I can only do it when I'm home. Everything will be last minute. Finger crossed...............

Oh yes, regarding the cake, I need about 50-60 but my mum prefer those traditional cake. A big round one/ 2 big round one (about 500 g- 1kg) in a box. I don't know how to describe, it is kind of very old traditional one - hok kien style. I can't find them in the cake shop that you mentioned.

Haizz.. Really got lots of things to do for a wedding...

imagine we tire ourselves out for a year for only this wedding day... that's only for a day...

but marriage is for a lifetime... quite dramatic.. hehe....

xbb,

Havent yet. Going to make a decision on this weekend. I also like Persada but just the price a bit too expensive for me. But I believe they will be able to deliver it nicely. Dont worry

Hi angielynn,

Actually if u like Persada, u can discuss with Ivien abt the package.. she can come up with a nother package within ur budget...

I got the RM728++ package.. and i combined the sea cucumber with another dish, the mushroom and vegetables.. then she upgraded the package with another dish of prawns... better than Mutiara... and they provide wedding favours.. lightened a lot of burden ler... so i confirmed with her...

Talk to her abt it if u r really interested.. she is very friendly.. i'm sure she can do something for u.. no harm trying mah... :cool:

hihi xbb n all brides-to-be :lol:

xbb, how many course u have after u combined the dishes?

U can get RM728++ package? But the Cheapest Package I received is $768++ :huh: also hope can get yr price.

The corkage charge is really high, and Ivien persuaded us to take their wines. May I know how much lump sum u r able to get?

We both are really not good at the bargaining, pls share with us yr experience :biggrin::biggrin:

xbb,

Havent yet. Going to make a decision on this weekend. I also like Persada but just the price a bit too expensive for me. But I believe they will be able to deliver it nicely. Dont worry

Hi angielynn,

Actually if u like Persada, u can discuss with Ivien abt the package.. she can come up with a nother package within ur budget...

I got the RM728++ package.. and i combined the sea cucumber with another dish, the mushroom and vegetables.. then she upgraded the package with another dish of prawns... better than Mutiara... and they provide wedding favours.. lightened a lot of burden ler... so i confirmed with her...

Talk to her abt it if u r really interested.. she is very friendly.. i'm sure she can do something for u.. no harm trying mah... :cool:

hihi xbb n all brides-to-be :lol:

xbb, how many course u have after u combined the dishes?

U can get RM728++ package? But the Cheapest Package I received is $768++ :huh: also hope can get yr price.

The corkage charge is really high, and Ivien persuaded us to take their wines. May I know how much lump sum u r able to get?

We both are really not good at the bargaining, pls share with us yr experience :biggrin::biggrin:

Hihi bride-to be,

Sorry.. i forgot.. it's rm768++ for 8 course dinner.... RM728++ is for another hotel... :wacko3:

We combined the sea cucumber and the mushroom with vege... and added a dish of prawns..

I'm not sure how much alcohol we r getting... but we might get more hard liquour coz it's cockage free...

btw, When is ur wedding date?? :lol:

xbb, two more days to PS... quite excited n nervous... hardly could fall sleep now... :smile:

sweetbabykit,

how's ur PS?? share with us ler... we need experiences... which BS did u sign up with?? :cool:

oops... my PS was great... (actually i posted at the DIY thread :tongue: )... my BS is venus... how abt u guys?

Mine is Printempts... PS only in July... :lol:

Hi,

The cake shop I mentioned before is Sim Nam Hiong 06-9864024. For those interested, can call and check the price.

hi gals,

Can you share your idea of what wedding favour you all intend to give?

Hihi angielynn....

Actually, i thought of a wedding favours for my guests.. a photo frame with the 4R photos given by the bridal shop.... the photo frame is a very simple plastic one.... but Persada is providing wedding favours, a keychain, for the guests.. so maybe i will prepare probably 100 photo frames fr selected close guests only... but still considering.... :blink:

Hi,

Not a bad idea but to give photo frame not cheap leh.. I got a tight budget to settle this gift since the restaurant of mine does not give any gift. I thinking of doing heart shape candle then put in an organza bag with a small "thank you" note. What you think of this idea? Thinking of trying out this candle this weekend and see what is the result.

Hi,

Not a bad idea but to give photo frame not cheap leh.. I got a tight budget to settle this gift since the restaurant of mine does not give any gift. I thinking of doing heart shape candle then put in an organza bag with a small "thank you" note. What you think of this idea? Thinking of trying out this candle this weekend and see what is the result.

Angielynn,

actually the photo frame can be found in Ikea... 3 pcs for only RM5... and u can add some DIY stuffs on it too... not too expensive de... and probably u can make for selected guests only....

xbb,

The Ikea you refering to is it Ikea Singapore or Ikea KL?

My sis told me is Ikea KL... :cool:

Hihi bride to be...

how's the decision going on??? have u decided on the venue??

when is ur wedding date??? :cool:

xbb,

I called up Michelle.. She is friendly.. I might be going to her shop to have a look this weekend. Hopefully she will give us a discount as my future sis-in-law is going to take too.

ya i agree with u that Michelle is a very friendly & kind person. she's my MUA on my july wedding. i went twice to her shop for my wedding photo shooting nail art design. All the staffs there are nice & have nice skills. i have seen her make up works, i like it very much. i haven't gone for the trial, will arrange it soon.

my photographer introduce her to me.

i'm sure u will love her work! i think she charge damn cheap compare to those bridal shop.

xbb,

I called up Michelle.. She is friendly.. I might be going to her shop to have a look this weekend. Hopefully she will give us a discount as my future sis-in-law is going to take too.

ya i agree with u that Michelle is a very friendly & kind person. she's my MUA on my july wedding. i went twice to her shop for my wedding photo shooting nail art design. All the staffs there are nice & have nice skills. i have seen her make up works, i like it very much. i haven't gone for the trial, will arrange it soon.

my photographer introduce her to me.

i'm sure u will love her work! i think she charge damn cheap compare to those bridal shop.

Hihi Zhu zhu...

welcome to our thread... actually my friend recommended Michelle to me... it's really good to hear that she is so nice... a great relief... Tq very much... :lol: welcome to share more with us...

"m headache for my wedding in jb :dash2: . Coz it will be my replacement dinner for my friends n fh friends only. It's was quite few table to having it, coz not much ppl we invite in jb, any suggestion for me during my problem ? Our actual dinner will held in penang on this coming sept 2009 :smile: .

ROM: 20/09/2009

BS: LV, Pelangi

AD: 26/09/2009

I've done a survey wt new york hotel n grand paragon, but the answer they gave is very :sad: . Coz too limited :rclxub: