alasbb

Boracay, Phillipines

I've never heard of this island before until my Philippino's colleague told me last two weeks when I asked him any place for honeymoon to recommend. I googled on the web and found that this island is really beautiful.

Hi,

I've been there. Boracay was rated as one of the world top island destination in US.

Boracay has a very nice long white sandy beach with plenty of resorts & hotels crowding over it. Most hotels doesn’t have their own private beach, they all share a common beach which divided into 3 sections. From the very luxury end to the lower cost end, with the center activities will be located at the middle of the beach where you get all the stalls, restaurants & boutiques. The main beach provides a very nice sunset view.

Hotel price ranging from 1k USD to the very cheap 10USD depending on your need.

Water sports there is cheap provided you know how to bargin with the locals. If you are a diver, you will love the place, there are a few famous dive sites around the island. Do please do some research on the weather & Philippine holidays before you plan your trip, because it is a famous local travel destination for Philippines as well, clashing with their holidays mean you will have a very crowded beach.

keka,

Thank you so much for the input. How much is your package all together? How to get there when we reach Philippine? Any itinerary and photos to share? Thanks in advance...

Cheers! :wink:

You need to get to Manila than catch a domestic air to Cataclan Airport.

From Cataclan if you inform your hotel early, they can pick you up from the airport & provide speed boat to Boracay Island.

I forget how much I spend there during my visit because its had been a few years since my visits to Boracay.

I stayed in Fridays, Its was nice & cozy. The staff are friendly & helpful.

http://www.fridaysboracay.com/

http://www.discoveryshoresboracay.com/

You can compare the 2 resorts, they are two of the best on the island, can contact them for room rates.

If you dont like the two resorts, there are plenty more hotels along the beach to choose from.

Basically if you like a relaxing holiday, than you pick a better hotel, thus you spend more time in the resorts.

If you plan to explore the island or go diving, it is better if you pick a lower grade hotel, because you spend less time in your hotel.

The last I read from internet, Dave Straw's Inn got quite high review from traverlers. Perhaps you can check it out as well.

Hi Keka,

Thanks so much for ur input!

Really appreciate it.

I had just purchased air ticket to Clark, Philipines by Air Asia for mid Oct 2010.

I had wished to visit Boracay....

Wondering whether anyone know whether is there flight from Clark to Boracay/ Caticlan?

Hi Keka,

Thanks so much for ur input!

Really appreciate it.

I had just purchased air ticket to Clark, Philipines by Air Asia for mid Oct 2010.

I had wished to visit Boracay....

Wondering whether anyone know whether is there flight from Clark to Boracay/ Caticlan?

Cool! :cool: Perhaps I can help you ask one of my colleague whom is Philipino on Monday see whether he can helps.

Thanks Juanil.

He said you can try Cebu Pacific as that airlines always have promotion. Other airlines are Pal Express and Zest Air. Hope my info does help.

I've been to Boracay with my hubby and it's a gorgeous place. Sandy white beach and its quite the romantic place. You can check out my blog coz I've blogged about my trip :)

is it safe to go to philipines?

Very safe. I"ve been there a few times (and even used to spend time there on my own taking cab since hubby was working) and I love manila esp makati. Of course there are a few places that you should avoid but in general if you're heading to makati city or boracay even then rest assured it's safe :)