Sign in to follow this  
heavenode_cloud

bad attitude of PG

i would like to share my experience here. i was quite disappointed with Edwin's attitude though. I personally think he's not initiative and professional enough. I am not a professional photographer, but i do think there are things that even an amateur photographer should not do. Firstly, they rejected us n told us that they have kept their equipments around 12pm on actual day morning when we requested them to take some more photos from us(as wat they suggested us to take some hengdai,jimui photo after the ceremony finished since we were quite rush in the morning n hv no time to do so). I think it's not difficult thing to do,right?just unpack n make some shooting. In the very beginning, they even promised to bring us to bukit jalil garden to take some photos, but ended up we din do tat oso. actually before my AD. we had a discussion. Stephen was so kind to suggest us for potrait shooting in bukit jalil but i dunno y Edwin was so reluctant n rejected. but i told him the idea was suggested by Stephen, then only he din say much but showed a very not shiok face. So we were quite disappointed that they said that.

During the wedding dinner, we need to ask them to take photo after we have done our post. I think they should be more initiative. Worst of all, when requested them to take a family photo after wedding dinner, Edwin showed us a reluctant face saying he had RUN OUT OF BATTERY and kept his equipment. Even quite a number of my friends asked us why our photographer behaved like that. I hardly saw Edwin smile throughout the day, whereas Stephen is more responsive and initiative. He's the one who helped us to take the family photo after the wedding dinner.

I know their current price is higher than the price we booked them some time ago. However, i believe they still have the responsibility to deliver what they have promised. it's the right attitude that make a successful photographer.

cloud

Oh heavenode cloud, *Hug Hug*

Poor girl....

Thanks for sharing ur experience though.... its a warning to B2B not to engage him for photography....

Consider urself lucky to have Stephen around....

Is the Edwin u mentioned is the same as Beautifulgown (Ling)'s PG Edwin Lay who is unethical?

Then the Edwin is totally not a PRO - not worth to hire at all.... as it will definitely spoilt our wedding day...

We must be very careful in engaging PG / VG as they are very important as our BIG wedding day is once a lifetime...and its only for that short 1 day time.... once its over/ past.... we will never have the chance to capture back the picture as memorance ady....

So, its advisable for everyone to engage creditable PG / VG whom recommended by frens or MB brides who had experience with the PG / AD.....

I had a fren who oso got bad experience... got her AD pics more than 1 year after her wedding... by that time, oso lose all the excitement ady lor....

Wish all bride good luck in ur searching of PG & VG...

Oh heavenode cloud, *Hug Hug*

Poor girl....

Thanks for sharing ur experience though.... its a warning to B2B not to engage him for photography....

Consider urself lucky to have Stephen around....

Is the Edwin u mentioned is the same as Beautifulgown (Ling)'s PG Edwin Lay who is unethical?

Then the Edwin is totally not a PRO - not worth to hire at all.... as it will definitely spoilt our wedding day...

We must be very careful in engaging PG / VG as they are very important as our BIG wedding day is once a lifetime...and its only for that short 1 day time.... once its over/ past.... we will never have the chance to capture back the picture as memorance ady....

So, its advisable for everyone to engage creditable PG / VG whom recommended by frens or MB brides who had experience with the PG / AD.....

I had a fren who oso got bad experience... got her AD pics more than 1 year after her wedding... by that time, oso lose all the excitement ady lor....

Wish all bride good luck in ur searching of PG & VG...

nono,is not the edwin whom ling talk about..is Edwin Tan. i know he is very well known n hv quite good reputation in MB here but i din get wat i thought he was...

Let me share my experience here ..

Edwin Tan and Stephen were my pre-wedding photographers in Kuching, within that 3 days in Kuching, they were good, fun, joking a lot around to make our photos wonderful.

I have never encounter any problem to work with them, Edwin never give me the black face and very cooperative too. He took our request seriously and able to take the photos that I requested.

I wonder why he was showing black face on your AD and being not so cooperative, mmmm .. I wonder why.

Hahaha .. too many photographers named as Edwin, what heavnode mentioned is Edwin Tan (KL) and what I kena one is Edwin Lay (Kuching).

:oops:

I knew got 2 Edwin... only dunno where they located....

Thanks for highlighting.... Ling...

But Edwin Tan is a vendor in MB wor.... can he do that 1 mer? He not scared u complaint abt him 1 mer?

:unsure:

Wonder Y he bahave that way on ur wedding?

Maybe he should clarify himself...as he is one of the vendor in MB...

Let me share my experience here ..

Edwin Tan and Stephen were my pre-wedding photographers in Kuching, within that 3 days in Kuching, they were good, fun, joking a lot around to make our photos wonderful.

I have never encounter any problem to work with them, Edwin never give me the black face and very cooperative too. He took our request seriously and able to take the photos that I requested.

I wonder why he was showing black face on your AD and being not so cooperative, mmmm .. I wonder why.

Hahaha .. too many photographers named as Edwin, what heavnode mentioned is Edwin Tan (KL) and what I kena one is Edwin Lay (Kuching).

ling, i oso dunno y this would happen to me..

beside wat i mentioned in first post: initially, i wanted Edwin to shoot at bride side but before AD, he said is his turn to shoot at groom side. i oso ok with it (cos i afraid if i dun agree later he cincai le,how?)but the result le? what the business ethic he had in my wedding? i stil remember during our dicussion before AD, my hb requested tat we dun want those kissing photo. then Edwin Tan replied very quickly by saying: then nth to shoot olady lo. i was like huh???only kissing shoot is good? other than that ll b bad? my hb is very friendly person, he oso feel disappointed with this photographer's attitude.

i thought he was very good also (from Mb n personally think he was before the discussion). but after my discussion, i olady a bit scared sth ll happened in my wedding.. n it proved my feeling was right.. he was not like wat we think.. really feel disappointed...

h_c,

very sorry to hear your bad experience, it's good u share with all of us here, at least next b2b will take note....

Huh??? :ohmy: Heavenode Cloud

I tot PG should suit to what customer's request 1 mer...

He is not co-operative at all...

Oh, suddenly when i was reading ur 2nd reply elaborating more what happened....

I tot of wish to highlight to all B2B to meet up with PG / VG to discuss on what u want b4 confirming them; if possible...

But of cos only meet up once u finalised who u really wish to engage....But actually from the photos most of PG posted in their blog... u can ady c their photography & videography style liao...

But i still strongly belief that if PG recommended by an experienced fren would be the safest.... as she / he had experienced with the PG / VG ady...so more trustworthy mer...

But some ppl are NATO (Talk Only No Action), oso scary mer... agree everything upfront but cant deliver the promise....

I feel that talented PG / VG usually very cool 1 most of them.. :cool: ... just like Ave Yap & Christopher Lee - passionate in their work... Maybe usually i based on the feel i have for the ppl i wish to engage & work with... i think the chemistry - in terms of thought - will make me feel comfortable with them (PG/ VG / WP / MUA / Entertainer / Emcee, etc).

Huh??? :ohmy: Heavenode Cloud

I tot PG should suit to what customer's request 1 mer...

He is not co-operative at all...

Oh, suddenly when i was reading ur 2nd reply elaborating more what happened....

I tot of wish to highlight to all B2B to meet up with PG / VG to discuss on what u want b4 confirming them; if possible...

But of cos only meet up once u finalised who u really wish to engage....But actually from the photos most of PG posted in their blog... u can ady c their photography & videography style liao...

But i still strongly belief that if PG recommended by an experienced fren would be the safest.... as she / he had experienced with the PG / VG ady...so more trustworthy mer...

But some ppl are NATO (Talk Only No Action), oso scary mer... agree everything upfront but cant deliver the promise....

I feel that talented PG / VG usually very cool 1 most of them.. :cool: ... just like Ave Yap & Christopher Lee - passionate in their work... Maybe usually i based on the feel i have for the ppl i wish to engage & work with... i think the chemistry - in terms of thought - will make me feel comfortable with them (PG/ VG / WP / MUA / Entertainer / Emcee, etc).

i did meet up with them before signing.. it was about one year before my AD. they were not tat famous yet. so seems frenly n nice... but i really never think they hv been changed after a year... pls la..be professional, show the business ethics ma.

u talked about passionate of work... i cant c from them lo.. when i c they said they r passionate on photography, i oso feel they r cheating on ppl..

honestly, photo wise is not as wat i expected...disappointed... from very begining,i hope to hv some couple posing potrait photo... i did mention to Edwin many times about it... but ended up i cant c in my album (cos dun hv ma,whr to c le?out of battery oso a reason to reject my request for simple family shooting, whr got time to shoot le??) ...

I would like to share my experience with Edwin & Stephen. During my AD, they both work very professionally, and they was having fun as much as we do... They fulfilled whatever me n my hubby requested and the outcome was marvelous. Not to say I wanted to praise them, but they really did their job well. This is my personal experience.

Dear Cloud, just came to know about this thread and surprised to see your unsatisfactory on my photography service. If you don't mind me answer here, pls allow me to clarify below point by point

First of all, let me apologize to you if any of my service and action during that day create any unhappiness memory to you and your family members. I assure you that it is not my intention on any of it.

1. Outdoor Portrait Shooting

-Understand you have mention at the beginning that you would like a portrait after tea ceremony and blessing ceremony at your house.Instead, we did some indoor portrait as well as bouquets flower throwing session as I remember. I am sorry as I cant really recall on that day situation. With normal circumstances, we will ask couple for outdoor portrait for slideshow closing too whenever we could

2. Kissing Scene

This is my mistake on saying "oh, cant shoot liao", it was just a joke from me. After we continue discussion and we found that both of you are serious about it, I fully noted and write down on our notes.

3. Showing face and bad mood

Err, I just gave a call to Stephen asking about this and both of us dont recall unhappiness emotion issue. If I have shown it to you on your wedding day, it is not my intention at all. I have no single intention to do that especially during couple's wedding no matter what reason. I would like to apologize if I let you misunderstand my intention that day

Hope the above clarify and again, my sincere apology to you with all these misunderstanding

Thanks,

Edwin

I contact and communicate them thru email, I never meet them till the very day they came to KL and it was the first time they saw me on the shooting day =D

Anyway, I don't understand why Edwin behaves as that, as far as I know he is a nice person. mmm ..

IMHO, different people have different expectations and experiences - some brides will have bad experiences with a PG even though majority of his clients are happy. Of course, sometimes it can be a surprise IF you've only been hearing good stuff - maybe because no one bothers to complain and etc. Who knows?

So if you had a great time with a PG, then great but don't expect everyone else to have the same experience. :smile:

I have work with Edwin and Stephen for a 3 full day hectic PS schedule in Bali very recently (3 weeks ago). Every day from morning 4.30am till night 8.30pm. :dash2: I must say both of them is very professional and give us a lot of advise on what is good for photoshoot. As we are not in the field and hence we valued the opinion from them and of course when we have special request, they are very excited and add on more idea to fulfill our request. They climb up and down through rocks, sands, mud, sleep on the floor, go into wet water, under the very hot sun to get the best shoots and yet they did not complain or even request for a rest.

Even they do not always put on a smilling face but I do not see their professional serious expression as black face. I must say their look is given by God and we can't just request them to change their face expression because they are our vendor? :lol:

We start preparing for the PS since October 2008 and I always communicate with Edwin every other night to discuss on the schedules and he also contribute a lot of ideas and yet advise us on what is possible and what is not possible. I must emphasize COMMUNICATION is very important, both parties must reach to a common understanding so that we do not end up set up a different expectation. We as bride and groom shouldn't be assuming and we must make sure everything is communicate clearly to our vendor in return of the best service that we want.

When we first met with Edwin and Stephen, they make it very clear to us what expectation to be made and if schedule permits, what else can be done, if not what should be done. I and my fh is very much appreciate such honest and straight to the point opinion. We do not want a guessing game. We treat this as a project and we are in a team to ensure everything works well.

Of course, I notice they like to joke around a lot and often tease me and fh here and there but we do not feel that is unprofessional. In fact, we return them with more teasing and jokes too. He always stop us from kissing too much on posing hahahahahaha

Anyway, as Mei Teoh mentioned, sometimes different people will have different experience working with their vendor but to me, Edwin is overall a professional photographer with passion in doing the best within his capability and not forget to mention their photoshoot skill is superb at least to me and my fh. Similarly to Stephen too.

Just to share my experience here, no offend to anybody here. Wish every BTB all the best on their wedding day :)

IMHO, different people have different expectations and experiences - some brides will have bad experiences with a PG even though majority of his clients are happy. Of course, sometimes it can be a surprise IF you've only been hearing good stuff - maybe because no one bothers to complain and etc. Who knows?

So if you had a great time with a PG, then great but don't expect everyone else to have the same experience. :smile:

I am a close friend of Hoon and i am fully understand why she is so disappointed with him.

After the tea ceremony session,everyone is so xcited to take pic with the couple and we can't see the photograph is. very funny, Hoon's hb went out to look for them and found that they hv packed their thing and going back soon. Hoon is so down and angry that time. At the end, we hv no other option but to use our own digital camera.

Talking abt my personal experience, acutally i was planned to signed up with them since Hoon's highly recommend them at the beginning stage. As like other ppl doing, we met up and really had a good talk. We even ask for discount price and they agreed to do so. The quotation given in fact is slightly higher than Hoon's. We didn't pay the deposit as we need to discuss further and they also clearly mentioned to us that they will not reserve unless i pay the deposit. I am very ok with that, since this makes sense and reasonable.

They called us again when I am in Singapore Custom and told us that there is another couple from Aus had booked them.I believe they still haven pay the deposit. I told him tat i want them and would pay the deposit the next day when i reach Malaysia. He said ok.

Meanwhile he also mentioned to us that my AD photographer will be stephen and another guy, which is not him. Ok, fine..

Now comes to the problem. I asked for face- to face apppointment again with stepher, to review his new partner's samples of the entire wedding coverage. When we decided 2 pay the deposit and surprisingly he said "you just think clearly agai whether want to sign up" Oh, I will feel comfortable when he mention once but he had mentioned few times!! My hb get the signal and we said ok and went back home. He didn't want the business, i think.

Finally,,....I think i am lucky enough to get another photographer who qoute us lower price. His work is good and gain lots of rewards. What i lik him the most is he never bargain/negotiate the price and just ok whatver we request. I even asked him to stay back until 3 p.m and he is ok with that. During the appointment, i can see the sample (printed out) photo and it is very nice.

Same as Yee0808, no offend to anybody and , the objective here is to make you aware of issues that we deem important when it comes to a wedding photographer selection.

Also, as told by the other photographer (from HK, for my photoshooting),pls ask your photographer to show you the real sample and dun rely much on the softcopy. Photo editing cannnot be done much, otherwise it become UNREAL. :)

Rgds

Jackie

I am having a bad experience with de PG also, mine is after meet up already feel happy with the PG already. Try to imaging how can i hire a PG if i already cannot tahan? mine case is difference. I meet the PG through MB forum. At last i sign with another PG who also vendor in MB forum ( not edwin,ok ) who offer cheaper price also the most importance things is he can comunicate well with me.

I dunno why, such recomend PG, the reputation is build by?

Just to share my experience with Edwin & Stephen

Meet them few times in several weddings, they are very friendly and I always see both of them shooting non- stop... I, myself would consider them as a good photographer base on how they work..

not sure if any misunderstanding but I do think that meeting up with the photographer b4 AD is good to both btb/ photographer to make sure that the photographer knows what you prefer :)

Very basic question, why were you engaging one that you are not comfortable working with? Now who is to blame.

Your poor deliberate of how one works may have cause such things happen. Is two way communication.

lil opinion. :)

I think one of the importance point is comunication , every time! Expecially those importance things you want to highlight must talk /comunicate with the photographer, do not assume that the photographer will know. I am here to share this , i am no comment on this case. Is hard to tell which site wrong. :lol: