stupidboy

Choosing a right Mattress / Bed

Hi all, i will be moving to a new house in next month, wedding also in september,

so now going to choose a KING size bed.

That day i went to HOMEDEC 09, there are many types to choose but i don't know which point should i take attention on.

price for bed doens;t really matter to me as what i need is comfortable sleep.

My current one is my mom choose one la.... very hard (said it was good for our back).... when my body moved... my wife also will feel it, and sometimes felt my back very stiff and pain.

So i wish to get some idea and opinion from you all.... thanks in advance.

My top pick => Sealy !

If you have the budget, get Sealy Polarville. I really love it - super comfort yet very good support but too pricey (>RM10k even after 30% discount). I ended up took the Sealy Mayfair (RM7+k after 30% discount at Harvey Norman) which is also very comfortable & give us very good support. Love my bed...

Hi, mine is a Vono mattress but the higher range one. Recommended by my fren's mom who owns a furniture shop. So i bought it from her about 5 yrs back for abt rm1k+. The mattress is the hard type but not too hard cos i've back problem. So i need to sleep on a good mattress. My hubby and I love the mattress very much! hope it helps.

Try slumberland crown .. I think it is around 4-5K.

i'm currently using slumberland signature that i bought 4 yrs ago .. 2K+ ... 1 grade down from crown version ..

10K is a bit too much for mattress .. but if $$$ is not an issue .. why not

Try to spend sometime in Harvey Norman or Robinson or anywhere else selling mattresses where you are allowed to sleep on every single bed with your partner and see whether you find it comfortable or not. U need to spend around 3-5 min on each bed in order to know whether the bed suits you or not. We have easily tried out >20 diff mattress (diff brands too) and shortlisted to 5 and then trying out for multiple times (few visits) before we decided to buy Sealy Mayfair.

The price that I quoted is merely the mattress - w/o divan.

wow... 10k+

anymore suggestion??

Hi,

I bot Getha Grand Palace for RM4999 (promo price) from Homedec 09, was told it's their new series and normal price is RM7999. tried it there n felt really comfy :)

Hi there, yesterday just tried on KingKoil mattress. Can't recall the name, it cost about RM3800++, if not mistaken it should be under pocket spring series.

I have no idea do we really need to buy such an expensive mattress to have comfort sleep? Really headache as no experience before, what should be nice & worth?

I actually have a very tight budget to set up my room, but worry if not buying good quality then might have to change very soon. Many people told me must sleep on the mattress to try & feel. But I m really no idea what is suitable for me. So I might just buying based on my budget?

Any suggestion? Some even rekon Dreamland which is slightly cheaper than other brands. Any more advice? Tq Tq

Hi there, yesterday just tried on KingKoil mattress. Can't recall the name, it cost about RM3800++, if not mistaken it should be under pocket spring series.

I have no idea do we really need to buy such an expensive mattress to have comfort sleep? Really headache as no experience before, what should be nice & worth?

I actually have a very tight budget to set up my room, but worry if not buying good quality then might have to change very soon. Many people told me must sleep on the mattress to try & feel. But I m really no idea what is suitable for me. So I might just buying based on my budget?

Any suggestion? Some even rekon Dreamland which is slightly cheaper than other brands. Any more advice? Tq Tq

this was my exactly my concern.... hopefully there are some bed mattress professional here...

Always try to invest in a very good mattress (yes, it's probably about 10k) because it will do wonders for your back and for your sleep cycle. Also, such mattresses last forever:)

Carmen,

Actually you need a GOOD bed but not necessary an expensive one, dreamland and kingkoil have many affordable and good quality mattresses. Trust your back when buying a mattress...

Also, you don't need a mattress that last forever, bare in mind that as we age our body change as well, a mattress that is comfy when you were in your twenties does not mean it will be comfy when you reach thirties.

Also, IMHO we should also change our mattress once every few years for hygienic purpose. Old mattress can be unhygienic and unhealthy...

Hi all, i will be moving to a new house in next month, wedding also in september,

That day i went to HOMEDEC 09, there are many types to choose but i don't know which point should i take attention on.

My current one is my mom choose one la.... very hard (said it was good for our back).... when my body moved... my wife also will feel it, and sometimes felt my back very stiff and pain.

i will opt for vendor who provide life long services... if not, later anything happen to the mattress, can't get any services from them... then waste money liao...

i am attending a talk on how to choose a suitable mattress this Friday... if u are interested, i can provide u the info...

i will opt for vendor who provide life long services... if not, later anything happen to the mattress, can't get any services from them... then waste money liao...

i am attending a talk on how to choose a suitable mattress this Friday... if u are interested, i can provide u the info...

Jocelyn, That's would be great! Pls share ur knowledge with us here. Tq tq

Oh... there are talk for mattress? i didn't know that?? is it a talk from a brand?? so they can promote their mattress? i wish to join as well, can provide me more info??

wow... 10k+

anymore suggestion??

Hi,

I bot Getha Grand Palace for RM4999 (promo price) from Homedec 09, was told it's their new series and normal price is RM7999. tried it there n felt really comfy :)

Hi, Do u know how much is the spring power mattress of Getha in HomeDec09?

Hi,

I saw a Dunlopillo DUCHESS (Not sure the spelling) with latex top, 11" height with rm3899, free bedframe/ divan, 2 memory form pillows, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector. Do you guys think it is worth to buy?

Hi,

I saw a Dunlopillo DUCHESS (Not sure the spelling) with latex top, 11" height with rm3899, free bedframe/ divan, 2 memory form pillows, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector. Do you guys think it is worth to buy?

Important is :

Is this the mattress you wanted..? :lol:

Actually i like the mattress, coz it is not too soft and not too hard :lol:

and the most important is, if HB moves frequently, I won't be disturbed from my sleep. :lol:

I bought it already, from ss2, not from Ipoh.

and the most important is, if HB moves frequently, I won't be disturbed from my sleep. :lol:

Denise, Wah! good bargain. Which shop? SS2? Wish to drop by & check it out.

Tq

Denise, Wah! good bargain. Which shop? SS2? Wish to drop by & check it out.

Tq

Hi Carmen, i bought it from the furniture shop next to durian place. :smile:

The boss told us that she just open another outlet at kota damansara, you can visit there as well. :smile:

Tq tq Denise. I have booked & decided to buy @ Kota Damansara, not sure is it the same shop? Yeah...yesterday only found the shop u rekon with promotion. Anyway, tqvm.

If the shop u booked from is next to Lorenzo, then should be the same shop. :lol:

Hi haiyu, the ss2 furniture shop is next to ss2 durian place. I hv no idea whats the shop addr :wink:

Hi,

i love simmon the best. But then not the time for me to get it as it is over 10k.

Right now me and husband using Dunlopillo. I can't remember the name but something with deluxe etc. It costed us 4.2k (this is the same model dunlopillo mattress we can find the cheapest in Klang Valley) and free 1 inch latex top, bedframe / divan/ 2 Dunlopillo pillows, 1 bolster and mattress protector. But we got it at Taman Bahagia, Tel: 03-7877 3108. The lady very nice.

How to choose the right mattress?

According to the several sales promoters, expensive doesn't mean good. It depend on your body. Some people might have back problem, so they can't get too soft mattress. Because you need harder mattress to support your back. Me and hb went to 7-8 shops and malls just to get the right mattress. Don't feel shy to sleep on them. You have to try only you can feel. Some mattress can be very heaty after sleeping for sometimes. Some will need you to routate after half year using. Let your body tell you what is the best. We spend 1/3 of time on the bed, so getting the right mattress is very important. Pillow also the same.