reddoll

Infertility treatment

hi gals,

guess i share da same fate. i hap a laporoscopy done 2 months ago to remove ovarian cyst. da dr also did a dye to check whether my tubes are blocked. when i went to see her dis afternoon for a follow up, she told me both of my tubes are blocked. she said my tubes might had spasm during laporoscopy and had scheduled me to do a HSG test after my menses. i was so depressed i cried a few times but lucky hubby was very supportive. hope da HSG test will be able to tell us wats wrong.

How ur doctor know ur tubes are blocked during the followup check? Hope the HSG will give u a good news.

My doctor suggested me to do HSG as well but I'm so scared to do it. Anyone can share ur experience of HSG? Is it very pain? I'm the type of can't relax myself, so when I do pap smear I also feel pain :(

hi gals,

guess i share da same fate. i hap a laporoscopy done 2 months ago to remove ovarian cyst. da dr also did a dye to check whether my tubes are blocked. when i went to see her dis afternoon for a follow up, she told me both of my tubes are blocked. she said my tubes might had spasm during laporoscopy and had scheduled me to do a HSG test after my menses. i was so depressed i cried a few times but lucky hubby was very supportive. hope da HSG test will be able to tell us wats wrong.

How ur doctor know ur tubes are blocked during the followup check? Hope the HSG will give u a good news.

My doctor suggested me to do HSG as well but I'm so scared to do it. Anyone can share ur experience of HSG? Is it very pain? I'm the type of can't relax myself, so when I do pap smear I also feel pain :(

Hi,

I did feel discomfort during the procedure but not painful. After the procedure, i felt period-like cramp for nearly a day.

Hi,

For me, the procedure seems scary at first, but after finished I felt it is bearable and relieve to know that your tubes are actually not blocked. The doctor and nurses plays an important role to make your procedure feels as comfortable as possible. The whole procedure took less than 15 mins.

sixling, dont worry.. think of the goal at the end of the road is to bear and give birth to a child.. these obstacles are nothing compared to it :) be strong and quickly find out the truth on whether yr tubes are blocked.

good luck !

Hi all,

I also had an experince of tubal patency testing. The test was brief, just took me around 10 minutes to finish, but I had period-like cramp for the whole day after that. Anyway, i think it's worth to do it :) Be brave, sixling, and all the best :smile: after all you will feel that actually it's nothing.

Hi,

How u all know whether to do the HSG test? Doctor will advise u?

Can the doctor see whether tubes are blocked when doing ultrasound scan? Coz my gynae advise me not to do anything yet and be patient for the pregnancy. I'm wondering how long i should try before going for the test.

Hope anyone can help.

Hi faithmum,

Wow! Triplet! Congratulations! I'm sure that's a handful for you but I guess it is worth it afterall.

Well, glad to hear something positive here. So, how may attempts did you go for IVF before knowing you are pregnant? Btw, mind sharing which hospital you went and the estimated cost for the treatment?

Hi faithmum,

im planning for ivf as well. mind to share your experiece, which hospital & doc, and the overall cost?

thanks.

Hi faithmum,

Wow! Triplet! Congratulations! I'm sure that's a handful for you but I guess it is worth it afterall.

Well, glad to hear something positive here. So, how may attempts did you go for IVF before knowing you are pregnant? Btw, mind sharing which hospital you went and the estimated cost for the treatment?

Hi faithmum,

im planning for ivf as well. mind to share your experiece, which hospital & doc, and the overall cost?

thanks.

Im going to try ISCI, may i know the successful rate on ISCI (main factor on male serum count problem), wish who have experience will advise me on that

hi STL,

i am now 7 weeks pregnant from icsi. i did mine in tmc. cost me around 18k. but could be lower coz we freeze hubby's sperm in case he is not in country when he is needed. the freezing cost 1k.

hi STL,

i am now 7 weeks pregnant from icsi. i did mine in tmc. cost me around 18k. but could be lower coz we freeze hubby's sperm in case he is not in country when he is needed. the freezing cost 1k.

how you go thru your 'waiting period' (14 days)???? just laid on your bed ??? have you walk staircase????

hi STL,

how you go thru your 'waiting period' (14 days)???? just laid on your bed ??? have you walk staircase????

happily,

for the waiting period, i sit on lazy chair most of the time la..but since i am home alone, i will need to do some cooking for myself and dish washing. i din do other housework like mopping floor though. as for stairs i do go up and down the stairs, but very slow movement like ah por. i also drive myself out for grocceries and injection, but i drive really really slow and watch out for bumps and holes.

hi STL,

happily,

for the waiting period, i sit on lazy chair most of the time la..but since i am home alone, i will need to do some cooking for myself and dish washing. i din do other housework like mopping floor though. as for stairs i do go up and down the stairs, but very slow movement like ah por. i also drive myself out for grocceries and injection, but i drive really really slow and watch out for bumps and holes.

thank you for your sharing, my last icsi i did fully rest but still fail, i think success or fail are very depending on the what is god said lol :( , my neighbour will start his house renovation on monday, and it will be very noisy so quit disturbing, so i confuse whether want to do my icsi this month or not ??????

thank you for your sharing, my last icsi i did fully rest but still fail, i think success or fail are very depending on the what is god said lol :( , my neighbour will start his house renovation on monday, and it will be very noisy so quit disturbing, so i confuse whether want to do my icsi this month or not ??????

Hi All,

I was recommended to try IVF at Prince Court KL, but have concern that the team there seems pretty new (~2 years). Anyone can share experience?

hi all...do you know how's different between Dr. Prashant & Dr. Collin? I am thinking to try out once the IVF.

I'm pretty tension as this year i already 33. :unsure: Jo

Just want to share my ICSI experience. HB was diagnosed with low sperm count, to cut a long story short I was researching the costs and doctors who does IVF/ICSI beginning of 2009. Anyway i ended up at Dr Prashant's clinic, took the injections and one of you mention that yes you do have to be physically and mentally ready for it and I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Luckily hubby's support and (it was his job to administer the injections for me 2x a daily and he never missed an appointment with me). Unfortunately on the day of enbryo transfer came only ONE embyo was viable. Imagine how sad..I didn't even have any spares to freeze in case this cycle fails. So stressed la..we definitely don't have the $$ to go for another one :(

But I kept up with the acupuncture appointments and tried to remain positive (ok I'm lying, I was actually readying myself for failure seeing how slim our chances were with one embryo. I kept reassuring my hubby nvm lor, if this fails at least we can say we've done all we can and adopt huh..Surprises..few days before I was supposed to go to the doc for blood pregnancy test I tried peeing on the ovulation stick (still have a few left over from our ttc days) and suddenly second line showed wor...I quickly drove out to watsons and bought one clearblue digital and one cheapie. Used the cheapie first. No line. Getting worried maybe I was seeing things. Used the digital and after a min the word 'Pregnant' came out. Haha..you get what u pay for.. anyway I can still remember today how I burst out crying in happiness and asking hubby to take me out for a nice dinner cos I was feeling 'moody' and I will always remember his expression when he opened up my 'present' (the preg test) I wrapped in a box, telling him earlier I blew his credit card shopping cos I was feeling depressed, but hey, I got you a gift with your money...haha he was still frowning when he opened up the box and saw it.

So here I am one year later with a beautiful baby boy who is nothing short of a miracle to me at least and I just want to say that I did not regret embarking on this very unorthodox journey to motherhood (it's the best!) and I do hope whoever of you is questioning the procedure and trying to get past the unknown and fear factor, dont. Like my MIL says, if it's meant to be yours it will be yours no matter how slim the chance

BTW I'm 32 and my boy just turned 5 months. He's smart as anything and he is the sunshine of my life :wub:

hi all...do you know how's different between Dr. Prashant & Dr. Collin? I am thinking to try out once the IVF.

Just want to share my ICSI experience. HB was diagnosed with low sperm count, to cut a long story short I was researching the costs and doctors who does IVF/ICSI beginning of 2009. Anyway i ended up at Dr Prashant's clinic, took the injections and one of you mention that yes you do have to be physically and mentally ready for it and I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Luckily hubby's support and (it was his job to administer the injections for me 2x a daily and he never missed an appointment with me). Unfortunately on the day of enbryo transfer came only ONE embyo was viable. Imagine how sad..I didn't even have any spares to freeze in case this cycle fails. So stressed la..we definitely don't have the $$ to go for another one :(

But I kept up with the acupuncture appointments and tried to remain positive (ok I'm lying, I was actually readying myself for failure seeing how slim our chances were with one embryo. I kept reassuring my hubby nvm lor, if this fails at least we can say we've done all we can and adopt huh..Surprises..few days before I was supposed to go to the doc for blood pregnancy test I tried peeing on the ovulation stick (still have a few left over from our ttc days) and suddenly second line showed wor...I quickly drove out to watsons and bought one clearblue digital and one cheapie. Used the cheapie first. No line. Getting worried maybe I was seeing things. Used the digital and after a min the word 'Pregnant' came out. Haha..you get what u pay for.. anyway I can still remember today how I burst out crying in happiness and asking hubby to take me out for a nice dinner cos I was feeling 'moody' and I will always remember his expression when he opened up my 'present' (the preg test) I wrapped in a box, telling him earlier I blew his credit card shopping cos I was feeling depressed, but hey, I got you a gift with your money...haha he was still frowning when he opened up the box and saw it.

So here I am one year later with a beautiful baby boy who is nothing short of a miracle to me at least and I just want to say that I did not regret embarking on this very unorthodox journey to motherhood (it's the best!) and I do hope whoever of you is questioning the procedure and trying to get past the unknown and fear factor, dont. Like my MIL says, if it's meant to be yours it will be yours no matter how slim the chance

BTW I'm 32 and my boy just turned 5 months. He's smart as anything and he is the sunshine of my life :wub:

great to hear this from you

no doubt you are the lucky person, cos only with one embryo then can succeed d, while i have 3 embryo but still end up nothing and now need to do my second try which i still considering now :(

i not sure i have to keep on my chinese physician medicine or direct to colin while my first time failed are with doc wong in sunway medical :)

lippyjunky wish you can share more your waiting process after your ET, cos i feel very tension during my ET waiting period and during tat 14 days , you are keep lying or got do light thing or housework??????

ghghtrtyrtyrrtt

Just want to share my ICSI experience. HB was diagnosed with low sperm count, to cut a long story short I was researching the costs and doctors who does IVF/ICSI beginning of 2009. Anyway i ended up at Dr Prashant's clinic, took the injections and one of you mention that yes you do have to be physically and mentally ready for it and I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Luckily hubby's support and (it was his job to administer the injections for me 2x a daily and he never missed an appointment with me). Unfortunately on the day of enbryo transfer came only ONE embyo was viable. Imagine how sad..I didn't even have any spares to freeze in case this cycle fails. So stressed la..we definitely don't have the $ to go for another one :(

no doubt you are the lucky person, cos only with one embryo then can succeed d, while i have 3 embryo but still end up nothing and now need to do my second try which i still considering now :(

i not sure i have to keep on my chinese physician medicine or direct to colin while my first time failed are with doc wong in sunway medical :)

lippyjunky wish you can share more your waiting process after your ET, cos i feel very tension during my ET waiting period and during tat 14 days , you are keep lying or got do light thing or housework??????

Hi Happily sorry to hear abt your failed cycle. For me I went by my gut feel re docs. Actually during my whole ICSI procedure I felt that Dr. Prashant was always hands on and always spend a lot of time answering my questions and putting me at ease eventhough there are always hoards of people waiting to see him. So to me thats really important. Things I did before the procedure

1. Kept up a daily exercise regiment, it helps to boost your mood and the doc says it helps somewhat

2. Went for acupuncture as I read that acu works well with ICSI and in fact after I got preg I never had morning sickness and I always thought it was the acu, who knows.

3. I did quit my job before embarking on the procedure as my job is high stress (actually which job isn't) but I needed to know if it failed I had done all that I could to keep the stress level down. Luckily HB was supportive of this.

After the ETI did still go out, but no I did not do heavy housework, so paranoid I didn't even want to take the stairs. But whats important is I religiously adhered to the meds as the doc said lots of ppl failed cos they forget to take it. I remembered i slept nearly the whole day after coming back fm the ET though.So yes the 14 days went by really slowly and of course i didn't exercise anymore after that. Anyway I wish you all the best should you decide todo it the second time :smile:

ghghtrtyrtyrrtt

Just want to share my ICSI experience. HB was diagnosed with low sperm count, to cut a long story short I was researching the costs and doctors who does IVF/ICSI beginning of 2009. Anyway i ended up at Dr Prashant's clinic, took the injections and one of you mention that yes you do have to be physically and mentally ready for it and I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Luckily hubby's support and (it was his job to administer the injections for me 2x a daily and he never missed an appointment with me). Unfortunately on the day of enbryo transfer came only ONE embyo was viable. Imagine how sad..I didn't even have any spares to freeze in case this cycle fails. So stressed la..we definitely don't have the $ to go for another one :(

Hi Happily sorry to hear abt your failed cycle. For me I went by my gut feel re docs. Actually during my whole ICSI procedure I felt that Dr. Prashant was always hands on and always spend a lot of time answering my questions and putting me at ease eventhough there are always hoards of people waiting to see him. So to me thats really important. Things I did before the procedure

1. Kept up a daily exercise regiment, it helps to boost your mood and the doc says it helps somewhat

2. Went for acupuncture as I read that acu works well with ICSI and in fact after I got preg I never had morning sickness and I always thought it was the acu, who knows.

3. I did quit my job before embarking on the procedure as my job is high stress (actually which job isn't) but I needed to know if it failed I had done all that I could to keep the stress level down. Luckily HB was supportive of this.

After the ETI did still go out, but no I did not do heavy housework, so paranoid I didn't even want to take the stairs. But whats important is I religiously adhered to the meds as the doc said lots of ppl failed cos they forget to take it. I remembered i slept nearly the whole day after coming back fm the ET though.So yes the 14 days went by really slowly and of course i didn't exercise anymore after that. Anyway I wish you all the best should you decide todo it the second time :smile:

sory tat i dont understand wat is 'religiously adhered to the meds'???? can you explain more to me..thx

so you mean after ET, u dint go any where and do anything beside of lying down to waiting for the result?????

ur acupuncture means using needle wan???? where you do tat??? maybe i can go too. actually now i going to see doc kamal quek at cheras but i still decided to go under icsi but just cant decide whether this month or next month, so i wish i can have acupunture before i start my icsi course....

i am really tension although i keep telling myself not to be so.. :(

Hi all, anyone here can share their experinces for zero sperm count (azoospermia)?

Hi MeiMei,

Let me share my experience with you about zero sperm count. We are married for 5 years and the idea of cannot get pregnant didt ever cross our mind. One by one my friends get pregnant and have their babies. And we were still trying. We still think we were fine and our family doctor assure us because we were still young, below 30s. After 4 years we decide to have a check up on inability to get a baby.......We were shock when the gynae told us my HB has zero sperm.

Of course doctor reassure us that it could be collection problem or cyclical variability and ask us to repeat the sperm test. We decided to repeat the test at another gynae......same result.....zero sperm. I cant believe it. He is well build and a great performer but zero count. After six month, we decided and he had a testicular biopsy and was told that he still have some sperms in his testis but poor motility.

We were shackened but believe there is still some hope although some doctors advise us to use sperm donation and IUI which I dont agree. Finally, a friend advised us to a gynae at Metro IVF who had successfully did MESA for her. I am now pregnant and the detail scan of my baby is normal. The gynae explained that he had extract out the immature sperms from my Hb testis and at the same time I under went IVF and ICSI using the extracted sperms.

The gynae told me that I am lucky because my zero sperm was secondary azoospermia. If its primary azoospermis then I will need donor sperm.

So, dont give up yet if this is your problem. If I have given up I will have ended up with donor sperm. Hope this will help

RedSweet

FYI, I ve also been to HUKM where they also does MESA and ICSI, and their cost is cheaper. But I choose Metro IVF because of convenience and easier to communicate.

RedSweet icon4.gif

Hi all, anyone here can share their experinces for zero sperm count (azoospermia)?

Hi MeiMei,

Let me share my experience with you about zero sperm count. We are married for 5 years and the idea of cannot get pregnant didt ever cross our mind. One by one my friends get pregnant and have their babies. And we were still trying. We still think we were fine and our family doctor assure us because we were still young, below 30s. After 4 years we decide to have a check up on inability to get a baby.......We were shock when the gynae told us my HB has zero sperm.

Of course doctor reassure us that it could be collection problem or cyclical variability and ask us to repeat the sperm test. We decided to repeat the test at another gynae......same result.....zero sperm. I cant believe it. He is well build and a great performer but zero count. After six month, we decided and he had a testicular biopsy and was told that he still have some sperms in his testis but poor motility.

We were shackened but believe there is still some hope although some doctors advise us to use sperm donation and IUI which I dont agree. Finally, a friend advised us to a gynae at Metro IVF who had successfully did MESA for her. I am now pregnant and the detail scan of my baby is normal. The gynae explained that he had extract out the immature sperms from my Hb testis and at the same time I under went IVF and ICSI using the extracted sperms.

The gynae told me that I am lucky because my zero sperm was secondary azoospermia. If its primary azoospermis then I will need donor sperm.

So, dont give up yet if this is your problem. If I have given up I will have ended up with donor sperm. Hope this will help

RedSweet

Hi Redsweet,

Thanks for sharing your good experience. I find is helpful. How much does it cost? How long it take?

LittleHope

Hi MeiMei,

RedSweet

Thank you redSweet for sharing your beautiful experience of having your own baby and at Metro IVF. I m happy for you. You make ppl with zero sperm have hope.

Can I ask; what is secondary azoospermia and, convenient and easier to communicate?

LittleHope