reddoll

Infertility treatment

Menses come from the shedding of the uterus which has thickens in the latter part of the cycle. It has nothing to do with the fallopian tubes.

Hi OurLittleRainbow,

Whr u did ur IUI and all the test n consultation? How much it cost?

Just want to share my experience with IUI.

After trying for 1 year, we went to see a gynae. DH was diagnosed with low sperm count. My blood tests were normal. I tried only Clomid for 6 months but it didn't work. Next I got a HSG which showed that I might have a blocked right fallopian tube, but our dr said I would need a laparascopy to confirm this. He recommended that we try IUI a couple of times before doing the laparascopy.

Our first IUI didn't work. I know IUI does have a low success rate (especially IUI with Clomid), I wasn't hopeful at all.

Our second IUI was quite a funny story. Again, I took Clomid from Day 3 to Day 7. When I went for a scan on Day 12, the scan showed that I had 3 follicles on my right ovary, and NO follicles on my left ovary. It seemed pretty hopeless to proceed with the IUI as the HSG showed I might have a block right fallopian tube, how to get pregnant if only have eggs on right ovary and the right tube is blocked? However, my dr didn't discourage me, he said maybe my right tube was not blocked (HSG cannot confirm) and he said there are cases when the left tube will catch the eggs released by the right ovary. I don't know why I was so stubborn that day, I decided to go ahead with the HCG trigger and IUI.

Our second IUI worked, and I gave birth to our baby early this year.

So this is our story, and sometimes, IUI does work! :)

hi there, one of my friend's sister, did IUI and got pregnant with twins girls. TTC with IUI first for the first 3 attempts. If that doesnt work, next step to consider is IVF. the thing about ivf, mind and body must be ready for the medication. DH must be involved and supportive of the IVF process. I have friends who had success with IVF on their first attempt, and i had friends who had gone through 7ivfs before they got pregnant.

Whether its IUI or IVF, both partners must consider financial issue and decided how much both willing to spend on IUI / IVF treatment.

For IVF, it is always recommended to do before 36yrs old.

Can I know is it normal for those who gone thru with IUI / IVF will get twins or more?

My MIL's friend's son who went for IUI as he want to have a baby boy, end up they got twin :lol:

Hi all,

Just wanna let u all know that, IUI does work! I'm now conceiving a twins pregnancy after my first IUI in July. Hopefully God will give me a baby boy and a baby girl :tongue: (am i too demanding?), but my doc said it's too early to know the sex of the babies now.

Eleanor, wow.. congrats !! triple happiness for u.. for getting pregnant after yr 1st try and not only pregnant but twins !!

i dint know IUI can cause twin pregnancy.. thought only in IVF.. did you get any injection?

Hi, S'berry and Coach,

Thank you :smile: . I had my IUI done at Metro Maternity Hospital in Klang. I think they provide IVF as well. I took Gonal-F injection daily before IUI and doctor told me I had 3 eggs. It costs me about RM 2.8k for the cycle. I'm not rich and RM 3k means a lot to me. However, i think it's worth :lol: . Finger crossed for you and all the best.

Hi Chris&Beez,

So, have you got any info as to where is the recommended place to do IVF? HB and I also planned to opt for IVF as we have attempted 3 IUIs but failed.

On the private sector, I heard that TMC (Tropicana Medical Centre) has quite a good success rate for IVF. Have you heard of Dr Colin, well he is based there. In terms of price, it depends on the medication, it ranges from 16k - 20k.

Hi,

For me I went for IUI after TTC for 10 months. I actually went for IUI straight after I went for a medical check up. I guess as the age is catching up I went to have babies before I turn 35. My wish is to have 4 kids but I guess my wish wont be accomplish.

hi all, i'm new to this forum but i share the same anxiety & hopes. i've been ttc for abt 4 yrs, no luck yet. did first time iui last 2 weeks but it failed. i cried whole night last night when my menses came. i was praying so hard for it to be implantation spotting but i guess my prayers were not answered as full flow came this morning. apart from TMC, any other clinics that are well known with iui? i'm now unsure whether to try iui for a 2nd round or not. i read that must give iui a try at least 3-4 times before proceeding to ivf. ivf is so costly!

anyway, hope we will all graduate from this forum & onto the pregnancy forum soon! soldier on!!

Hi,

what i heard from the doctor is, if the problem lies with the husband, then no point keep trying with IUI. It's only a waste of money. That's what the doctor told me. I don't know whether is it true or not.

Hope anyone can enlighten me .

hi all, i'm new to this forum but i share the same anxiety & hopes. i've been ttc for abt 4 yrs, no luck yet. did first time iui last 2 weeks but it failed. i cried whole night last night when my menses came. i was praying so hard for it to be implantation spotting but i guess my prayers were not answered as full flow came this morning. apart from TMC, any other clinics that are well known with iui? i'm now unsure whether to try iui for a 2nd round or not. i read that must give iui a try at least 3-4 times before proceeding to ivf. ivf is so costly!

anyway, hope we will all graduate from this forum & onto the pregnancy forum soon! soldier on!!

hi Hope,

I think I read it in forum somewhere, if you would like to save cost, but its very time consuming, you can go to government hospital like UMMC and do the IUI there. I think they have something like rules for u to try on IUI 3-5 times unsuccessful then then let u try on IVF. Alot cheaper .

I agree the IVF is very very expensive

hi Hope,

I think I read it in forum somewhere, if you would like to save cost, but its very time consuming, you can go to government hospital like UMMC and do the IUI there. I think they have something like rules for u to try on IUI 3-5 times unsuccessful then then let u try on IVF. Alot cheaper .

I agree the IVF is very very expensive

Hi blurcheryl,

Do u know how much is UMMC charge for the IUI? Which department shd we looking for?

Hi,

what i heard from the doctor is, if the problem lies with the husband, then no point keep trying with IUI. It's only a waste of money. That's what the doctor told me. I don't know whether is it true or not.

Hope anyone can enlighten me .

Of course it is true. IUI is just a process to simulate to normal ejaculation into vagina. It needs to have a normal count of sperm to be successful as the sperms still need to swim by themselves towards the ovum.

Hi wsyrinrin,

The charges in UMMC depends on ur medication. If you just take clomid then is very cheap - is only RM5.00 for a course of 4 days. However, if you need to take the FSH then is very expensive - is RM358 per cartridge and one cartridge is for 3 dosages. So, also depends how many cartridge you need to take. Before doing the IUI, you need to inject to rupture the egg and that cost, I think about RM60.00. For IUI itself, the costs is just RM100.00 for the preparation of your HB's sperm. Besides that is the costs that you need to do the vagina scan every other day to monitor the size of the follicles from Day 2 of your period. Normally, its takes about 4 or 5 scan. Each scan cost RM25.00. So, the total cost comes out to be about slightly less than RM1,000.00.

Well, I guess this is cheaper compared to private hospital.

Hi hopeandfaith,

Where did u do your IUI? Why dont you give one or two tries before deciding for IVF. Who knows you might strike it. These can of things is never easy. I know what it is like coz I've gone through it myself. Everytime, my menses come is another dissapointment b'coz everytime I'll be thinking this is the month.

Wau~~~ its very complicated :dash2:

Hi wsyrinrin,

The charges in UMMC depends on ur medication. If you just take clomid then is very cheap - is only RM5.00 for a course of 4 days. However, if you need to take the FSH then is very expensive - is RM358 per cartridge and one cartridge is for 3 dosages. So, also depends how many cartridge you need to take. Before doing the IUI, you need to inject to rupture the egg and that cost, I think about RM60.00. For IUI itself, the costs is just RM100.00 for the preparation of your HB's sperm. Besides that is the costs that you need to do the vagina scan every other day to monitor the size of the follicles from Day 2 of your period. Normally, its takes about 4 or 5 scan. Each scan cost RM25.00. So, the total cost comes out to be about slightly less than RM1,000.00.

Well, I guess this is cheaper compared to private hospital.

hi gals,

guess i share da same fate. i hap a laporoscopy done 2 months ago to remove ovarian cyst. da dr also did a dye to check whether my tubes are blocked. when i went to see her dis afternoon for a follow up, she told me both of my tubes are blocked. she said my tubes might had spasm during laporoscopy and had scheduled me to do a HSG test after my menses. i was so depressed i cried a few times but lucky hubby was very supportive. hope da HSG test will be able to tell us wats wrong.

Hi all,

I'm glad to share that i got pregnant with triplet after IVF. I strongly believe u all also can get pregnant from infertility treatment (whether it's IUI or IVF). Do not hesitate to go for treatment. Wish all of u da best.

Hi faithmum,

Wow! Triplet! Congratulations! I'm sure that's a handful for you but I guess it is worth it afterall.

Well, glad to hear something positive here. So, how may attempts did you go for IVF before knowing you are pregnant? Btw, mind sharing which hospital you went and the estimated cost for the treatment?