Sign in to follow this  

hi girls,

wanna ask about the wedding ceremony, i am confused why my future hubby want to do the wedding dinner first before doing the morning tea bai.. is it correct? usually we do the morning tea bai first then the dinner will be at night in the same day rite? but all he wants is do the dinner at saturday night and the morning tea bai at sunday morning then no more dinner at that day.. why? i dont understand lei.. is there any people here ever do like that or have planning do like that? since i am not penangite so, i kinda confused now.. fyi, i come from jakarta :D

thanks for advice

sunny

Hi Sunnybunny,

Is normal in Malaysia to have the wedding dinner earlier than the tea ceremony. It can be due to few reason why your hubby arranged in that way:-

1) Unable to book restaurant/hotel at Sunday as now is peak season

2) Sunday is good date for tea ceremony

3) Saturday is convenient for many people to attend the dinner especially those outstation

I'm having this dillemma too. The good date given to us is on a Sunday...pening...but some of our guests are from outstation. Has anyone had their wedding dinner ( combined ) BEFORE the AD itself? Is it weird or troublesome? Please advise me.

I'm having this dillemma too. The good date given to us is on a Sunday...pening...but some of our guests are from outstation. Has anyone had their wedding dinner ( combined ) BEFORE the AD itself? Is it weird or troublesome? Please advise me.

Hi sassy, for chinese custom, it would not be right. but for nowadays, i attaended afew of my relatives and friends where they had their dinner a day or two before their AD. due to the reason of unable to book restaurant on their AD.

the date given is for custom wedding ceremony, not for banquet. if you couldnt get a venue on that date, or saturday is a more convenient option. then it is not a problem.

i had banquet one day before ceremony date too. the advantage is your outstation guests can do some sight seeing/ gathering before banquet starts on saturday; then next day after ur tea ceremony in the morning, they still can do some sight seeing/gathering before travelling back. they will have plenty of time and rest, no need to worry bout children schooling ..etc. your guests get to enjoy a short break as well as both ur wedding events better.

banquet on sun somehow trouble guests when it comes to travelling and working next day

I had my wedding banquet (years ago-lah) on the eve of my AD , it was on a Saturday cos like you, most of my cousins are fr outstation. Its not weird except

1) a bit rush cos after dinner have to get home to pray at 12am and hubby 's face was red from too much drinking with his "Heng Dais" .Can see it clearly on the video ,LOL..

2) feels sad to go separate ways with hubby ( each had to go back to our parents' hse to pray) after feeling so happy during the banquet

But then on AD after the tea ceremony and during buffet lunch, it was very nice cos able to mingle around with family & friends , no need rush to prepare for banquet. Hubby and I even went out clubbing with friends to celebrate later on.. :lol:

Hi sassy, for chinese custom, it would not be right. but for nowadays, i attaended afew of my relatives and friends where they had their dinner a day or two before their AD. due to the reason of unable to book restaurant on their AD.

Dovey, why according to chinese custom this is wrong?

Panda & Pat,

Yeah, we were given our ADs on Sunday, but since we only have a small number of guests, we had to combine our dinner. We wont be having anymore banquet after our AD if we h ave it on Saturday. So having the dinner on Sat night wont disrupt the flow or the feel of the wedding? Coz I guess I have to put on my gown twice (on dinner night & on Sun morning) and then have to pay & hire MUA twice right? Personally, I'd prefer to have my dinner on Sunday for the flow but I'm afraid my guests wont be able to make it if it's done on Sunday night. Sighh. Thanks for all your input! :)