Hi All,

My fiancee and I are eloping in July/August this year to Malaysia (that was where I proposed, and it is a special place for us because we loved it so much). We have been together for 12 years, so it's not really a spur of the moment decision!!

We have organized all our paperwork, and will apply for a special license so there is only a 7 day waiting period, but have just discovered that we need to nominate our 2 witnesses when we first lodge our application.

As it will just be the 2 of us, we don't have any witnesses!

The hotel we are staying at in KL has told us that they don't provide this service, so we're not sure what to do...

We will be arriving in KL on 21 July, and would like to lodge the application that day, then travel up the west coast to Penang and Langkawi, before returning to KL on 5 August. We would like to do the registration of marriage on 8 or 9 August before we fly back home to Australia.

If anyone (or even better, two) could possibly spare an hour or so to help us out, we would be eternally grateful, and would thank you in some way or another (a meal at a nice restaurant, a night in a nice hotel, or something similar.?.?).

Please contact us if you would like to help, and we will sort out the details and your availability.

Thanks,

Tone & Jude

Er ... I think normally people will only stand as witnesses on a legal document for people that they actually know. Why don't you ask two of your closest friends to fly down and stand as witnesses for your wedding? No offence ya ... but asking strangers on the internet to be your witnesses comes across as a tad dodgy... :blink:

Hi All,

My fiancee and I are eloping in July/August this year to Malaysia (that was where I proposed, and it is a special place for us because we loved it so much). We have been together for 12 years, so it's not really a spur of the moment decision!!

We have organized all our paperwork, and will apply for a special license so there is only a 7 day waiting period, but have just discovered that we need to nominate our 2 witnesses when we first lodge our application.

The hotel we are staying at in KL has told us that they don't provide this service, so we're not sure what to do...

We will be arriving in KL on 21 July, and would like to lodge the application that day, then travel up the west coast to Penang and Langkawi, before returning to KL on 5 August. We would like to do the registration of marriage on 8 or 9 August before we fly back home to Australia.

If anyone (or even better, two) could possibly spare an hour or so to help us out, we would be eternally grateful, and would thank you in some way or another (a meal at a nice restaurant, a night in a nice hotel, or something similar.?.?).

Please contact us if you would like to help, and we will sort out the details and your availability.

Thanks,

Tone & Jude

No offense taken, Christine. We understand that it might seem a bit unusual, but there is nothing dodgy about it.

The fact is that we don't want a big wedding, and we don't want to upset any of our family or friends by only inviting 2 people and not anyone else - the ones that don't get asked might be upset that we chose someone else and not them. So we decided we would either invite everyone or no-one, and chose to invite no-one. Our family and friends are fine with this, because they know us, and know that we wouldn't enjoy a big wedding. We also wouldn't feel comfortable asking our family or friends to spend so much money travelling from Australia to be our witnesses, even if it wasn't an all or nothing decision.

So this and the fact that we don't actually know anyone in Malaysia is the reason for the request, that's all.

Sorry if it sounds dodgy to you. We just want to finally get married after all this time, in a place that we have special memories of from a previous visit. We believe that the way we choose to get married should be up to us, and this is our idea of a romantic and meaningful celebration for us.

Er ... I think normally people will only stand as witnesses on a legal document for people that they actually know. Why don't you ask two of your closest friends to fly down and stand as witnesses for your wedding? No offence ya ... but asking strangers on the internet to be your witnesses comes across as a tad dodgy... :blink:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Tone & Jude

interesting... would definitely love to help but that depends where you are having your registration

Hi Skye,

Thanks for showing an interest. We are just planning to do the ROM at the NRD office, located at;

FT of Kuala Lumpur

National Registration Department,

6 th & 7 th Floors,

Maju Junction Mall,

1001, Jalan Sultan Ismail,

50551 Kuala Lumpur

We're looking at Monday 08/08/11 as the day, but it's not that important - we could also do Tuesday 09/08/11.

Let us know if you're still interested, or even available to be in KL on either of those days.

Thank you,

Tony & Judy

interesting... would definitely love to help but that depends where you are having your registration

Hi Skye,

Thanks for showing an interest. We are just planning to do the ROM at the NRD office, located at;

FT of Kuala Lumpur

National Registration Department,

6 th & 7 th Floors,

Maju Junction Mall,

1001, Jalan Sultan Ismail,

50551 Kuala Lumpur

We're looking at Monday 08/08/11 as the day, but it's not that important - we could also do Tuesday 09/08/11.

Let us know if you're still interested, or even available to be in KL on either of those days.

Thank you,

Tony & Judy

Hi Tony & Judy,

I'm getting married in July and understand how important it is to have a smooth process in the whole wedding process ;) If you need help still, can email me at celeneyap@yahoo.com, me and my fiance have pretty flexible working hour and would be able to help you in your prefered day. Cheers!

HI Tony & Judy,

i'm available to help but since Celene and husband have flexi hours you have 2 witness there :)

anyway, if anything you can still email me at rav3nz@gmail.com

cheers