fred

Home Dec Exhibition

I heard that there will be a home deco exhibition in JB during June, is a big one near Kota Raya that side. Anyone heard of that also? So far i don't have any news on that..... did i missed it?

Hey got this from the papers today

HomeDec 07

Venue : Midvalley Exhibition Centre

Date & Time : 30 Aug to 02 Sept 07

11am - 9pm

Admission is Free

Programme

Day 1

2.30 pm - 3.30 pm Feng Shui - Before you renovate your house by Henry Fong

4.00 pm - 5.00 pm Lifestyle cooking with Pacific

Day 2

2.30 pm - 3.30 pm Special appreance at Nippon Paint Booth

Casa Impian Host - Amy Mastura

ID - Bill Keith & Ben Firdaus

5.00 pm - 6.00 pm Lifestyle cooking with Pacific

Day 3

2.30 pm - 3.30 pm Everyday decorating with flowers by Natalie Peterson

4.00 pm - 5.00 pm Feng Shui before you renovate your house by Henry Fong

Source: Starmetro and www.homedec.com.y

See you all there!

yeah...

im going to Homedec later on..take half day leave liao..hahahhaa

wanna go see many manything for my new house n get idea from there lo..

hemmm...

u guys got use laram on the wole house not?wat is the brand n how is it n how much ar??

hi i was there too! :rolleyes: anyone found any good deal??

yoyo, u meant alarm? i am using paradox for my house. its a US brand but i have not move in so donno whether good or not. the lady who sell me this is a fren's fren of mine. according to my contractor who does all the concrete work, he thinks the alarm's people knows their work well. he said they didnt hack until the toilet tiles got broken. i can give you her contact if u want.

hemmm...i found out this time HOMEDEC not much thing compare to the KLCC one..

i juz bought a washing machine n also Goodnite lo.. :)

syeonmee..please PM me teh contact..thanx :)

hemmm...i found out this time HOMEDEC not much thing compare to the KLCC one..

Yeah i agree, HOMEDEC getting more and more incompatible..nth much to see :(

i signed up curtain package... they r giving tracks and wodden rod and also the side hook FOC with the purchase of day curtain for the house... :lol: .. it can be cheaper if i buy fabric on my own and get my contractor to fix the track for me but i scared later the curtain will sengek or not long enough... would see the final quotation when they come to my house to do measurement. hopefully won kena con la. :rolleyes:

walao.... i really kena con le by the curtain company! don ever trust those company that can give so called cheaper price during expo. i gave them frame to frame measurement and they quoted me 1.7K during expo. now after they came to do measurement, they calculated and quote me 2.1K (that's after bargain). i used to ask others curtain shop and they quoted me about the same price and can give me whatever the company can give. somemore that's not on promo. i really feel $%^&)*)* now. its like they tell ppl its promo just to attract customer. but ended up its about the same as market price! :rolleyes:

walao.... i really kena con le by the curtain company! don ever trust those company that can give so called cheaper price during expo. i gave them frame to frame measurement and they quoted me 1.7K during expo. now after they came to do measurement, they calculated and quote me 2.1K (that's after bargain). i used to ask others curtain shop and they quoted me about the same price and can give me whatever the company can give. somemore that's not on promo. i really feel $%^&)*)* now. its like they tell ppl its promo just to attract customer. but ended up its about the same as market price! :blink:

i too signed my curtain package during homedec, hopefully i wont experience the same thing. I was considering the curtain company u mentioned, but ended up i opted for baagus due to more choices of cloth.

Not much choices of shops there, only 3 curtains shops around.

how come u didnt go for baagus ?

hi. i did saw baagus there but i think their price is exp. somemore i did survey before i went to home deco. that's y when the lady quoted me, i tot hmm.. not bad. now when they came and do actual measurement, it ended up same as outside. that's y i questioned her. if not i would have be able to seek for other better or cheaper options. i am angry but i have deleted the thread with their name mentioned cos i think its not right. but just be careful at home deco. things might not be as what u see.

HOMEDEC 08 starts today til 06 Apr from 11am-9pm @ PISA. The Kuala Lumpur series will kick off from 1-4 May 2008 in five halls of Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. HOMEDEC heads to Johor Bahru from 29-31 August 2008, to be held at the Convention Hall, PERSADA Johor Bahru.

Wonder if anybody benefit yourself from visiting the exhibition? Any good information or idea received? Please share your experience...

Check out the website here : HOMEDEC

just went to pg homedec 08 for the pass 2 days.

first day to survey, gather information, study night time than next day all out.

was good experience as i'm in the middle of renovating my new hse, have plenty of promotions and nice information, just matter how far your budget can stretch.

bought floor laminted pckg, wardrobe pckg, bunch of electrical items and accesories. burn a big hole.

ps: there was this lucky draw portion by nippon paint and i got 5lt for free. how lucky. recommended to go.

Alexlow,

U r lucky... Wanted to participate also but the "Q" was way too long until it make a "U" turn... Just gave up & continue for other surveys.

Most of the exhibitors with concept & classy style.

the que was still ok as i arrive early in the morning.

actually wasn't in the intention to win any draw, just want the information pack that they give out for free, inside got a software cd than you can mix and match the color with samples house, pretty cool. lovely lovely. still playing with it now

Sorry typo at the topic! It should be "Wat DID you buy at HomeDec"... :lol:

Didnt know there is a lot of bargains in HomeDec 2008!!! It was a very exciting one for me and hubby! We went to Homedec on 1st May and also 4th May... 1st May was to browse around, got the brochures and then came back home and studied all the prices and etc... and we walked like for 8 hrs!!! hubby was hungry like mad! 4th May, hubby and I went to confirm all the things we want... learnt the lesson, bought mars, snickers and a bottle of Ribena for hubby, just in case he is hungry haha... and we walked like for 6 hrs!!! we tot it will be earlier cos just wanna confirmed and placed deposit, mana tau, 6 hrs!

Just wanna share with u guys the purchases we made...

We confirmed and placed deposit for:

1. Wardrobe by SliderDrobe - paid RM1k for a L shaped wardrobe which comes with a sliding door... 2000mm (h), then | side of the L is 2600mm and then - of the L is 2250mm hehe... sliding door is ABS Melamine... inner is Classic white... got a 25% discount off and then accessories such as pull out pants hanger and shirt hanger is 50% off, RM55 each and then basket is 20% off...

2. Kitchen cabinet by In-Cube Kitchen by Shuang Yi - paid RM340, ABS Melamine... wall unit is 10 feet, then L shaped cabinet which in total is 23 feet... has an island in the middle of the kitchen, 5 feet length and 2 feet width... it is a concrete base kitchen which is the strongest type of kitchen... soft close door is rm30... which we locked the price with the vendor...

3. Wallpaper by Lamex Wall Covering - paid RM300 for the wall papers... we love the Prague collection and its 20% off from the normal price which is RM150... installation is RM28 per roll... if we choose other design its 20% off as well...

4. Bed and frame by Dunlopillo mattress with bedframe - paid RM600, comes with a king size Duchess mattress, 2 latex pillow, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector... then FOC one beige colour bed frame...

5. Door by UK Door - paid RM200, 4 doors for our rooms and then 2 doors for the bathroom... bathroom doors come additional water proof oil... add RM50 each door... then it includes installation, varnishing and hinges for the 6 doors...

6. Hitachi Plasma TV - paid RM400, 42' plasma tv comes with free HDMI cable worth rm150... FOC comforter set... 2 yrs warranty... market price is rm4,999 but this is only RM3,999! cheap like crazy...

7. Color scheme by Nippon - paid rm 100 for 1 exterior and 2 interior colour matching... will get a software to play with the colours...

8. Shower screen by Vin Art - paid rm100 for a 7 feet (length) and 6 feet (height) 10mm tempered glass for our bathroom...

9. Japanese Nano Towel by I-Chef - 4 pcs only RM30... really can just wipe anything off and then can be easily wash off with water... 1 pc can use for like 1 yr...

10. Registered with Hunter Douglas shades, blind and curtain... if purchase above rm3k, will have a discount of 20%... love the florette blind... very special...

Really burn our pockets but we feel the price is really really good deal after all the discounts!!!

What did u guys purchased? Any other good deals?

Hi babysiew,

How come you only need to pay RM600 for the Duchess mattress of Dunlopillo? I was asked to pay 30% of the purchase price ... I think your deal is good if I'm not wrong the total price is about RM4,000 right? Duchess it is ... wanted to buy the 5-zone one but I'm still young, this one ok la.

As for wardrobes, decided to buy Signature Kitchen's Stello after comparing the quality in detail. Still prefer Stello's but I think Sliderdrobe is good too.

The other thing I paid deposit was RM100 for the Eubiq power track. I want it for my upcoming kitchen cabinets and my study table (where I'll plug lotsa things i.e. my laptop, my hp chargers, etc :-)).

I missed the Plasma TVs, coz I thought the prices for electricals would go down in 3-months time which is when my house is gonna be ready. I'm glad you got yours as such a good bargain! Enjoy the 42"!!! Must be sweet.

Hi kokwei,

Ops! really ar? electrical is going down in 3 mths time? actually hubby and i eyeing for that Hitachi long time liao... the cheapest quote we got is rm4.4k and comes with a rm80 hdmi cable... so when we heard it goes for rm3.9k, we grabbed the chance lor... the vendor played a normal DVD and a blu ray... wah very nice! we r not going to have astro at home... so only dvd... and we kinda like it lor... hope its a good deal...

At first the lady asked for rm1k, then i just told her ur colleague said rm600 only... haha... so rm600 lor...

Wats Eubiq power track?

I didnt manage to go and see the SK's Stello... I just fell in love with SliderDrobe hehe...

Wah not bad deals u got too huh...

Happy happy!

BG, they only have in Penang, KL and Johor if I am not mistaken... I guess becos most of the vendors are from Klang Valley...

bbsiew,

no wonder ah :)

really good deal and is good for you people.

If Kuching got expo the price will not be that nice and the choices ah .. <_< don't think as many as in KL.

My house still under construction, today just went to look see look see .. they locked the wooden door, we cannot go in .. I still cannot buy/order the furniture until the house is ready.

wah you really manage to sapu alot of things!!

i went on 1/5/08 and bought

1. home water filter system rm1699

2. 1 set of diamond knife sharpener, & 1 tool set for my FH RM200++ (forgot the amount)

3. chrome sink taps about RM200

was supposed to go back today, to go and confirm somethings for the walk in wardrobe either with kian classic or sliderdrobe, but end up didnt go :P

Sorry typo at the topic! It should be "Wat DID you buy at HomeDec"... :lol:

Didnt know there is a lot of bargains in HomeDec 2008!!! It was a very exciting one for me and hubby! We went to Homedec on 1st May and also 4th May... 1st May was to browse around, got the brochures and then came back home and studied all the prices and etc... and we walked like for 8 hrs!!! hubby was hungry like mad! 4th May, hubby and I went to confirm all the things we want... learnt the lesson, bought mars, snickers and a bottle of Ribena for hubby, just in case he is hungry haha... and we walked like for 6 hrs!!! we tot it will be earlier cos just wanna confirmed and placed deposit, mana tau, 6 hrs!

Just wanna share with u guys the purchases we made...

We confirmed and placed deposit for:

1. Wardrobe by SliderDrobe - paid RM1k for a L shaped wardrobe which comes with a sliding door... 2000mm (h), then | side of the L is 2600mm and then - of the L is 2250mm hehe... sliding door is ABS Melamine... inner is Classic white... got a 25% discount off and then accessories such as pull out pants hanger and shirt hanger is 50% off, RM55 each and then basket is 20% off...

2. Kitchen cabinet by In-Cube Kitchen by Shuang Yi - paid RM340, ABS Melamine... wall unit is 10 feet, then L shaped cabinet which in total is 23 feet... has an island in the middle of the kitchen, 5 feet length and 2 feet width... it is a concrete base kitchen which is the strongest type of kitchen... soft close door is rm30... which we locked the price with the vendor...

3. Wallpaper by Lamex Wall Covering - paid RM300 for the wall papers... we love the Prague collection and its 20% off from the normal price which is RM150... installation is RM28 per roll... if we choose other design its 20% off as well...

4. Bed and frame by Dunlopillo mattress with bedframe - paid RM600, comes with a king size Duchess mattress, 2 latex pillow, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector... then FOC one beige colour bed frame...

5. Door by UK Door - paid RM200, 4 doors for our rooms and then 2 doors for the bathroom... bathroom doors come additional water proof oil... add RM50 each door... then it includes installation, varnishing and hinges for the 6 doors...

6. Hitachi Plasma TV - paid RM400, 42' plasma tv comes with free HDMI cable worth rm150... FOC comforter set... 2 yrs warranty... market price is rm4,999 but this is only RM3,999! cheap like crazy...

7. Color scheme by Nippon - paid rm 100 for 1 exterior and 2 interior colour matching... will get a software to play with the colours...

8. Shower screen by Vin Art - paid rm100 for a 7 feet (length) and 6 feet (height) 10mm tempered glass for our bathroom...

9. Japanese Nano Towel by I-Chef - 4 pcs only RM30... really can just wipe anything off and then can be easily wash off with water... 1 pc can use for like 1 yr...

10. Registered with Hunter Douglas shades, blind and curtain... if purchase above rm3k, will have a discount of 20%... love the florette blind... very special...

Really burn our pockets but we feel the price is really really good deal after all the discounts!!!

What did u guys purchased? Any other good deals?

Thats a lot babysiew :D

I've settled for:

1. Lamex wallpaper at RM300, we love the prague collection too :) i've spotted one in their passion range for my chilling area :P

2. In Cube kitchen paid RM570 deposit; The total price quoted is Rm5656 :) nice numbers huh :P

3. Matress with bedframe at Dunlopillo, forgot how much hubby paid for deposit, but i think the price is RM9030.

me n FH went on 3/5,n v onli targetted on LCD....

finali v bought d 37" sharp AQUOS A33 Series LCD at RM3,380.....market price is RM4,099 neh....wah,shiok leh...."song" a... :D