willhii

Is too expensive to continue my life...

I’m 30 and no Parents since childhood. I work very hard and stay low profile and well behave. No alcohol, outside entertainment, smoking or hanky panky. Get to know 1 girl last year and really into her. Try to establish everything before I propose to her. Get new high class terrace house and think to move in 1-2 years when I get married. But my gf like av room, walk-in wardrobe, island or counter top in the kitchen, alfresco. With the terrace house only, really cannot. So I sold it. Try to gift her the best, I get new Semi-D. almost cost 1mil. Higher commitment now but mostly under loan. We now work on interior design for the house which will need to cost me 200k and need to pay in cash. :( I also take care of every single expenses and bills since day 1 of our relationship.

I also been told by my gf that her mom will ask for 50k for dowry and I need to pay for table and also ang pow will take by bride side. I wonder as normal guy like me, how I am going to pay everything without single cents help from family. I start from zero when I finish my uni. I told my gf I can pay the 50k, but maybe need delay wedding because I need time to save the cash. I also try nego with her if we don’t have to do interior design 1st for the house. Most of the conversation just end up I feel useless that I can’t provide enough or should say I not capable. I work very hard to get extra income and even on public holiday. I not sure what the best to do now..

I have seen cases like yours many times. The husband wanna please the wife...and the wife happily used all his credit cards and expect him to pay for EVERYTHING.

So...what happened? He got deeper and deeper into debt and cant pay off all the credit debts used by his wife. So...no choice but to sell his car...and buy a chear used car and used the difference in price to pay off the debts.

Due to this money-sucking wife, he lost his precious car and almost the house too.

The wife saw that he is in debt and is unable to sustain her lifestyle anymore..and what did she do? She DIVORCED HIM! All in all..lost more than RM300,000+ cos of this useless woman.

He told me he wished he had not marry that woman.

Beware. You are really better off without your current money-sucking GF.

I have seen cases like yours many times. The husband wanna please the wife...and the wife happily used all his credit cards and expect him to pay for EVERYTHING.

So...what happened? He got deeper and deeper into debt and cant pay off all the credit debts used by his wife. So...no choice but to sell his car...and buy a chear used car and used the difference in price to pay off the debts.

Due to this money-sucking wife, he lost his precious car and almost the house too.

The wife saw that he is in debt and is unable to sustain her lifestyle anymore..and what did she do? She DIVORCED HIM! All in all..lost more than RM300,000+ cos of this useless woman.

He told me he wished he had not marry that woman.

Beware. You are really better off without your current money-sucking GF.

yups totally agree! if she truly loves and cares for u, she won't mind staying with u for richer, for poorer, for better and for worse by:

1. waiting for u

2. stop being a pampered princess

3. selflessly forgo all her extravagant lifestyle and to start anew with u together

this is an opinion from a lady. my FH is always happy to spend on me but i do not want him to do so because this is all hard-earned $$$. u shd first communicate ur situation and make it firm to her. if she still wants her way, u really need to reconsider this relationship after all. 1 mil. semi terrace is a luxury, if u wanna ask me and yet she still can't be satisfied. this is a syndrome of greed. ur still very young and there are plenty of good earnest gals out there. if u could help it, don't waste ur life away just because of her. God did not make u for this purpose.

Hi Willhii,

Speaking from a woman point of view, I do understand every woman wants to marry her "dream guy". Nowadays, the definition of dream guy really comes with cash, expensive car, villa and luxury spending. I myself waited for my FH for 9 years, not because I wanted all the material, but instead I wanted a more stable person and sense of security. When he proposed, he was not the most romantic guy on earth, he has no expensive car, no villa, no luxury spending, but I see that he's a more mature person now and willing to work towards life's meaningful details.

I'm not sure if your GF requests all these to make you work towards your life's goal, but not everything is based on $$. If she marries you based on what you are able to provide to her alone, in my opinion I can foresee that your nightmare will start soon. Try making a list, note down what to pay and how much budget allocated. Hopefully when your GF sees the total bill, she will understand. If she does not accept the truth, tell her "Some rich dudes are out there"!

Good luck!

OMG.. Wake up already dude! You really need to wakeeee upppp!

I'm not trying to be mean and please allow me to share. I have been in relationships with some of the nicest, most generous guys around and what did I do? The more they gave me, the more I asked and demanded. I was literally living the high life, jet setting and foolishly thought that I could do better than those men. So, I didn't care about whether they could afford my lifestyle and worried only about my next holiday. That was many years ago.

Now, I'm ready to get married. Next month in fact. I've learned and grown up so much over the last 2 years with my fiancé. When I first got to know him, I knew his financial standing. He bought me expensive gifts, expensive dinners, holidays abroad. I never asked how much he spent.. for his money would never run out.. And then I slowly fall for him for the man that he is.. He bought us a 2million condo unit and doesn't expect me to chip in at all.. In fact, he never asked me to pay for anything.. I know I've fallen in love when I begin to feel the pain whenever he splurges, whenever I choose to eat brunch at the hawkers instead of the usual Alexis etc.. When I remind him that his friends owe him money and, when I tell him time and again we don't need the luxury car. When I care for his welfare including his finances.. That I've stopped spending like a b***h.

So, what I'm actually trying to share is that when a woman loves a man, the man will feel loved, minus the stress. I feel that you are at a very low point in your life right now. Stand up, be a man, do the right thing! Say no for once, damn it! Walk out..

Wish you the very best and may you find happiness soon :D

Ask yourself. Can you live like that for the rest of your life? If you think you can struggle all the time for the rest of your life then all the best.. if not then you better think twice..