whiterose85

Can we get engaged after wedding registration?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

Reason for me to be worried because people seems to look at me of being akward for having the traditional engagement ceremony after my legal wedding registration.. >.< :dash2:

yea i guess that's a valid enough concern.

if u look around in this forum, u may notice there are ppl who registered first then only start looking for venues for wedding banquet much later on. in fact few of friends are doing this looking at the practical buffer time required to work on misc. planning to get married in klang valley area. some even booked a venue before doing a proper proposal lol.

hi,

Okie.. The gap between my legal registration which happened first and engagement is 1 month and wedding is 3 months from my engagement. I suppose to have my registration on my traditional wedding day but due to some license issue, we were told to get registered at JPN and that's where we send it our application to JPN. aiihhhh .. maybe its meant to happen that way .. just that feeling weird when ppl ask how can we get legally registered and then having the engagement ceremony..

if its onli 4 mths from wedding dinner, why don u save the money for the engagement party?

engagement - period from the day her proposed and u said yes to the day u legally get married i.e. JPN signing

OR

engagement - period from the day he proposed and u said yes to the day you serve tea to his parents and vice versa

so if u consider yourself married after JPN signing, then it does feel awkward.

if u both are really sure that u got the right person for each other & wanna tie the knot, then perhaps engagement is merely a 'term' for ppl who have yet to get married.