andreshcs

Hi All...

Hi. Just found out about this forum yesterday and I've fell in love with it... hehe.

Lots of information I can get here and I dont even know where to start ?!?!

Planning for my big day with my future wife next year. Although I think its a bit rush but we've been together for almost 6years now since high school. Since now have a stable job and relationship (and also both side parents looking forward into it) so I think it is the right time for us to tie the knot.

But I really blur and dont know where to start first. Choosing the BS first ? Register first ? Pick the right venue for dinner first ? Of course I was thinking to propose first (first thing first but really no big surprise because both of us been talking about the preparation for sometime now... but as a guy I still have to propose first. :P )

So guys/girls out there... can give some good advice and tips of what to do first ? Thanks a lot... I'm really excited and pressure at the same time... hehe.

andreshcs,

firstly, welcome to MB :)

what you should do now is propose to your gf... although both of you have talk about it, you still can suprise her when she least expected you to propose... :)

then get a wedding date. after you have the wedding date in your have be prepared to "fight" for a banquet venue... this is 1 of the most difficult and bring much headache if your wedding day is fall on a hot date. most ppl have booked their venue at least 1 years ahead... so you got to "fight" with them... :P

things like ROM or looking for BS can be done on the later part... no hurry if your AD is still far ahead coz you'll have plenty of time to do survey on which BS that you wan... :)

andrehcs,

welcome welcome to our family! :)

propose first. u r one the remaining romantic guys alive on the earth i wud say! then as mhyap said, get ur date n banquet venue settled. the rest of things will fall into place on their own. :)

hey thanks for the quick reply !!! well... now already in the stage to get a "good date" as my parents (im not really that particular but if have to follow then i dont mind) are more the "traditional type" of chinese... need to get a good date first... but of course i think most of us do also...

then like you said after that only we go for the banquet booking... most headache part. im still thinking of where to held it (hometown or KL but most probably hometown because more relatives there and a bit cheaper than KL)

i was thinking to propose to my gf soon and give her a surprise... now cracking my head and surfing MB for some ideas... hehe... she always said im not romantic enough so this time i must do it nicely and make her happy. any idea on how to know what size of ring fits her ? im planning to give her a surprise but also scare the proposal ring not fit... sigh.

now only i know why they said wedding is the most tiring things to do... but of course im excited... :)

hiya andreshcs!

welcome to the forum! it is a very addictive place isn't it?

well, like everyone else said - get your date and venue planned and booked first - most important. then plan on the rest like your guest list - invitation - friends to help - dress/suit - photography - flowers - menu etc.

but all in all, have fun planning! everything will fall in place.

good luck and congrats!

i was thinking to propose to my gf soon and give her a surprise... now cracking my head and surfing MB for some ideas... hehe... she always said im not romantic enough so this time i must do it nicely and make her happy. any idea on how to know what size of ring fits her ? im planning to give her a surprise but also scare the proposal ring not fit... sigh.

now only i know why they said wedding is the most tiring things to do... but of course im excited... :)

the thread below is on how some of the members here got their proposal... hope you'll get some idea there... :P

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....&hl=propose

thanks... really looking forward to that day to come...

its not easy but i know its worth it. i think like what you all said i will concentrate to these things first now (cannot think few things at a time then ended up didnt do anything) => propose, get a date, book banquet. then only think of others like jamieoh said.

never seen ur gal before. can't guess her ring size lah. i guess u can get a slightly bigger one, just in case can't fit. after proposal, u can bring her back to the shop to resize the ring.

another method is to gauge what size your gf's fingers are by comparing your fingers to hers. just pretend to check her hands and fingers when you hold her hand (which i am sure you do) but don't overly do it by starting at her wedding ring finger. my fiance acted dumb by slowly comparing all my fingers to his including the thumb so i won't suspect anything more then him checking out how "big" my hands were. kekeke. so if her wedding ring finger is about your pinkie size, then you know what size to buy lor!

another way is to get those adjustable ring lor... with this you don't need to know her ring size lor... but then it might looks a bit old fashion lor coz those adjustable ring usually made of pure gold ma... i have 1 such a ring... a gift from relative for my wedding... if you wan i can snap shots and show it to you on how it's look lor... :P

can can... can share ah the picture ? just to have a look on it if not all also i dont know... hehe.

i think i know what to do liao... haha. she got 1 ring (our paktoh ring) i can silently grab it because she seldom wear it then go and buy 1... hehe.

now im browsing through the link mhyap1 you gave me... see how others bros propose to their love one... :)

but now the most difficult part is the date also. when is the wedding date. my parents been getting a good date next year and now just started the planning also very heated conversations already... omg. is it like that ?

yup, i agree with mhyap1. as long as you have the date settled ... it should quieten down ... a bit until you get to the wedding venue. kekeke. just kidding. enjoy the moment. it'll be great. i kpoh a bit ... can share with us how you proposed when everything's settled down?

i still havent propose to her yet... well just like some of you all here. been planned and verbally agreed by both parties BUT of course i still need t odo my part... im planning to propose to her in a nice restaurant... looking at ciao and tamarind springs... hehe any suggestions ?

but right now i planned to go register first... what are the rules and where ? i heard some said here putrajaya is the best and nice place ? i cant get the website... can help ? my parents a bit particular... saying next month got 1 very good date... better go register first.

already decided the date for my ROM - 29Oct07 (Kuan Yin Tan, good day) so have to rush...

now (as in TODAY!!!!) going to angkat sumpah and submit docs (in private, some kind of persatuan and law firm)...

excited and a bit nervous leh... haha... then have to go and buy wedding rings... everything happens so fast... hehehe...

after this have to set a date for next year AD and both side parents meet up before that... wish me luck... :)

oooo... easy lo if can adjust. just now went to see some wedding rings. dont know whether i'm old fashion or the design problems... all seems like not nice... tom** & po* ko** also not nice. not so easy to get a suitable one...

u can go to tiffany to check out too. but b prepared to fork our more money... since u got ur ROM date fixed, hv u proposed to her?

muahaha... havent propose to her yet. i told her after ROM i ganti balik or probably this few days bring her to a nice restaurant and do it... :)

anyway yesterday bought the wedding rings already... phew... both of us like it so lucky... not an easy task though... oh yeah. bought at wa* ch**... hehe... got some discount over there.

tentatively now all set the date for our marriage. :) :) its on the 3rd Jan 08... most probably... if no changes.

went to see the bridal fair also. first stp at washington and the SA not so friendly... probably sense we wont sign up so cincai serve us only. not even the goodies bag. sigh... then stop at love vision. SA very nice and not pushy... although always ask us to sign up its better :P... at least LV SA listens... not like washington's SA... but end up didnt sign up also. :P

wah... jan '08 ar... hurry look for a venue liau... in around aug i heard that most restaurant is fully booked till mar '08 liau...

EH ?!?! sorry... its actually 3 Jan 09 !!!! hahaha... so i have to wait another year. sigh... cant wait leh... want it to be ASAP... hehehe... but no choice. only that date suitable for both of us... haiiii...

now do my part first (proposal this week) before next Monday ROM... hehe...