jiahuan

Lightings

Hi gals,

Really need your help. I went to Top Ten few weeks ago based on a lot of recommendation that their price is the most competitive in town. However I was pretty disappointed by the price that they quoted us. For example a 6 x 6 inch squarish down light is at RM 45 & non-negotiable eventhough I will buy in bulk. Is their price cheap on paper already or izzit up to you to bargain? Is there anyone specific that I should look for to get the best price?

Appreciate feedbacks. ^_^

Hi gals,

Really need your help. I went to Top Ten few weeks ago based on a lot of recommendation that their price is the most competitive in town. However I was pretty disappointed by the price that they quoted us. For example a 6 x 6 inch squarish down light is at RM 45 & non-negotiable eventhough I will buy in bulk. Is their price cheap on paper already or izzit up to you to bargain? Is there anyone specific that I should look for to get the best price?

Appreciate feedbacks. ^_^

not all the lights are the cheapest in price. perhaps u can make few comparison amongst the lightings shop around that area. i still strongly recommend Ten Gro Lightings. Look for the boss, K.C. Chan.

Thanks jiahuan & babysiew,

Went to Ten Gro on Thurs & you are rite! their overall pricing is good... only set back is choices a bit limited... anyway thanks for the tips!

Thanks jiahuan & babysiew,

Went to Ten Gro on Thurs & you are rite! their overall pricing is good... only set back is choices a bit limited... anyway thanks for the tips!

There are new stocks coming in soon.

Hi Jia,

Top Ten's pricing is the most competitive in Klang Valley area and they having a lot of choices of lighting too. Maybe you don't go there on Saturday because too many customers and they might not give you good advise. You can go on normal day in night time before 9pm and look for the salesman, Calvin. He has good experience in lighting and he will give you good explanation and good pricing.

Thanks Jiahuan... wat about the sales person tat handle ur enquiries ar? wats the name? can i have it? thanks a lot! my fren also recommended me some lighting shop in Puchong... she said very good... maybe its either Top Ten or Ten Gro kua... will check both of them out!

Jiahuan, do they have ceiling fan there as well?

Dear All,

I get my lights from TOP TEN and also HOUSES LIGHTING ENTERPRISE.

Houses Lighting is 10~20% cheaper than Top Ten, however, the set back is, they don't have so many chandelliers compared to Top Ten.

But if you want normal down lights, Houses Lighting is the cheapest in town. For 6 inches down lights, it's only RM19 per unit.

For ceiling fans, I got Panasonic Nami series for only RM428!! Very cheap!!

Panasonic ventilator, only RM89

Switches for Clipsal, less 25% then less 5% and less another 5% again! So total it would be about 33% disc!

I got my Alpha super slim (the colourful one) water hearter from Houses too for only RM439.

For Top Ten, it has got a lot of nice chandellier and fasionable lamps, which its price is more reasonable than outside. So I got my chandellier for living hall, bedroom and dining area all from Top Ten (Houses' design very very limited). But Top Ten's down lights and ceiling fans are more expensive than Houses Lighting.

So if you want to save money, you got to be more rajin doing survey~ heheh...

hi pink kitty, can i know where is houses lighting enterprise located??

Thanks Jiahuan... wat about the sales person tat handle ur enquiries ar? wats the name? can i have it? thanks a lot! my fren also recommended me some lighting shop in Puchong... she said very good... maybe its either Top Ten or Ten Gro kua... will check both of them out!

Jiahuan, do they have ceiling fan there as well?

Dear All,

I get my lights from TOP TEN and also HOUSES LIGHTING ENTERPRISE.

Houses Lighting is 10~20% cheaper than Top Ten, however, the set back is, they don't have so many chandelliers compared to Top Ten.

But if you want normal down lights, Houses Lighting is the cheapest in town. For 6 inches down lights, it's only RM19 per unit.

For ceiling fans, I got Panasonic Nami series for only RM428!! Very cheap!!

Panasonic ventilator, only RM89

Switches for Clipsal, less 25% then less 5% and less another 5% again! So total it would be about 33% disc!

I got my Alpha super slim (the colourful one) water hearter from Houses too for only RM439.

For Top Ten, it has got a lot of nice chandellier and fasionable lamps, which its price is more reasonable than outside. So I got my chandellier for living hall, bedroom and dining area all from Top Ten (Houses' design very very limited). But Top Ten's down lights and ceiling fans are more expensive than Houses Lighting.

So if you want to save money, you got to be more rajin doing survey~ heheh...

Houses Lighting Enterprise

No 33 & 35, Jalan BPU 6,

Bandar Puching Utama,

47100 Puchong, Selangor.

Tel: 03-5882 3790/98

It is next to the perabot kayu jati, right after a flyer over bridge~ if not mistaken there's a BP station too. The place is quite secluded, but it's worth finding as you'll save few hundreds ringgit there, if you are buying switches, fans and down lights.

For chandellier, i still recommend Top Ten for better quality and variety. ;)

monday , they didnt open?I have call them whole day , no one pick up the phone :(

Would like to know from you, normal downlight as u mentioned in previous msg, is it in round shape? is it silver color or white color? Did you notice them sell KDK fan?I also would like to purchase the water hearter...only slim type?

About the price as you mentioned in previous msg, is it after you have negotiate with them? or original price? would like to know which sales person u deal with?

Thank you for sharing...

Houses Lighting Enterprise

No 33 & 35, Jalan BPU 6,

Bandar Puching Utama,

47100 Puchong, Selangor.

Tel: 03-5882 3790/98

It is next to the perabot kayu jati, right after a flyer over bridge~ if not mistaken there's a BP station too. The place is quite secluded, but it's worth finding as you'll save few hundreds ringgit there, if you are buying switches, fans and down lights.

For chandellier, i still recommend Top Ten for better quality and variety. ;)

monday , they didnt open?I have call them whole day , no one pick up the phone :(

Would like to know from you, normal downlight as u mentioned in previous msg, is it in round shape? is it silver color or white color? Did you notice them sell KDK fan?I also would like to purchase the water hearter...only slim type?

About the price as you mentioned in previous msg, is it after you have negotiate with them? or original price? would like to know which sales person u deal with?

Thank you for sharing...

OPPS!! SO SORRY...forgot to tell you that they OFF ON MONDAY!!!

Yeap, it's round shape! And I choose white color, they have silver and other colors too, same price. But I think the square one is more expensive than round one... I didn't pay attention to the reason, as my hubby is doing the negotiation :P

Yes! They do have KDK fans... But if I remembered correctly, they mentioned that KDK is more expensive than Panasonic for the same range of product, cuz KDK is renting Panasonic's factory to manufacture... the shop sells other local brands too, I think...

They have other water heaters beside the slim type, don't worry.

It's a family business.. so i think all the chinese there are all family business. I deal with the boss, a middle-aged guy, and the boss' sister. Deal with them directly lah~ the other staff can't really explain well also.

Their margin quite thin one, so you can't really bargain. But for the ceiling fans, if you are paying cash then they can give u 2% rebate or sth...the prices I mentioned in the post are the original & final price. Bargain doesn't really work here...unless you really buy a lot from them. But I upgraded the down lights' bulb to a better one, so I add extra RM2 for each down lights, it'll make RM21 for each 6' down light. 4' is RM1 cheaper.

Btw, it's cash and carry... they don't do delivery ah!!

Huh then who is gonna install ler? i tot we buy then they will come and install? lucky my hubby got his electrician subcontractor... pening...

Thanks for all the useful info on this topic and the 'Kitchen Hood and Hub' topic. It really helps me a lot cos I'll be moving soon to my new house in Puchong. I have a small baby so I dont have the time and convenience to go around doing surveys and price comparison. Now I know which lighting and electrical shops to go to. Really a big thank you to all of you here!! How about furniture? Can I know where you all go to buy furniture?

Furniture is always a bit hard... becos its all depends on ur preference... like dining table, round or rectangle... marble top or wood top... round chair or square chairs... so its quite hard lor... cannot make comparison also cos different furniture shops have different wood material and etc... but i think best place to start is the furniture shops along Old Klang Road, Kelana Jaya, Desa Petaling, USJ... cos they r biggest...

Thanks for all the useful info on this topic and the 'Kitchen Hood and Hub' topic. It really helps me a lot cos I'll be moving soon to my new house in Puchong. I have a small baby so I dont have the time and convenience to go around doing surveys and price comparison. Now I know which lighting and electrical shops to go to. Really a big thank you to all of you here!! How about furniture? Can I know where you all go to buy furniture?

I got my sofa, coffe table & bed frame from Lorenzo (D'sara) and dining table, tv rack & dressing table from Red Apple (Sg Besi). And wardrobes & shoes rack tailor-made by Shuang Yi.

No point for me & hubby to go other furniture shops, cuz the nice ones are too expensive, the cheap ones are too ugly~ so we found sth in between :P

I got my sofa, coffe table & bed frame from Lorenzo (D'sara) and dining table, tv rack & dressing table from Red Apple (Sg Besi). And wardrobes & shoes rack tailor-made by Shuang Yi.

No point for me & hubby to go other furniture shops, cuz the nice ones are too expensive, the cheap ones are too ugly~ so we found sth in between :P

U get ur wardrobes from Shuang Yi? The price reasonable?

Now i would like to know where can get reasonable price for wardrobes and kitchen cabinet.

I heard before about SCI...anyone's wardrobes/show rack/kitchen kabinet custom made by SCI?

Appreciate someone can share here.

Now i would like to know where can get reasonable price for wardrobes and kitchen cabinet.

I heard before about SCI...anyone's wardrobes/show rack/kitchen kabinet custom made by SCI?

Yeap, I got from Shuang Yi. Quite reasonable I would say, and the service is quite good. The designer would really/seriously think of how to make your ID looks better. Unlike some other, would just do what you asked them to do, never give suggestion, even when your idea is unappropriate.

Go to the one in D'sara. The person in charge very nice and professional. He even offer us "designer film" for our wardrobe without extra charges after we had paid deposit!

GO http://www.shuangyikitchen.com/ for further details. If you want I can give you the tel no. of the designer.

Some ppl also go CK Kitchen, http://www.ckkitchen.com.my/about.html, I never done survey there, cuz I am quite satisfied with Shuang Yi's service, and my hubby and I were exhausted. Nonetheless, I heard quite good comments on them, pricing wise. Design I'm not sure...

Hope it helps. :lol:

Yeap, I got from Shuang Yi. Quite reasonable I would say, and the service is quite good. The designer would really/seriously think of how to make your ID looks better. Unlike some other, would just do what you asked them to do, never give suggestion, even when your idea is unappropriate.

Go to the one in D'sara. The person in charge very nice and professional. He even offer us "designer film" for our wardrobe without extra charges after we had paid deposit!

GO http://www.shuangyikitchen.com/ for further details. If you want I can give you the tel no. of the designer.

Some ppl also go CK Kitchen, http://www.ckkitchen.com.my/about.html, I never done survey there, cuz I am quite satisfied with Shuang Yi's service, and my hubby and I were exhausted. Nonetheless, I heard quite good comments on them, pricing wise. Design I'm not sure...

Hope it helps. :lol:

Thank you.

Appreciate if you could give me the tel.no.

How much do their charged u for ur kitchen cabinet n wardrobe?

How many feet of ur kitchen and also for wardrobe?

Pink Kitty,

Can I know the location and contact no. of Lorenzo in Damansara?

It's in Kota Damansara, or to be more precise, SUnway Damansara. If not mistaken, the Jalan is PJU 5/13. It's facing the main road, very easy to find one. Opposite Casa Indah 1, i think. There's 1 Al Rahji bank there.

Look for the girl Irene, her service very good, she's very patient, me and hubby went there whenever they got sales, to check price... she's very helpful and never get annoyed. She even helped us to get the discount on carpet from her regional manager without our request~

Thumbs up! :lol:

I just completed purchase all the lights for my double storey terrace house from Top Ten. Total cost me about RM 2k (including bulbs but without installation fees). Calvin is a very experience guy and he gave us a lot of ideas during our selection. He also introduced a very good skill technician, Mr Choong,to install all the lights and fans for us. We are very satisfied for his job.

Thumb ups for Calvin and Mr Choong.

I just completed purchase all the lights for my double storey terrace house from Top Ten. Total cost me about RM 2k (including bulbs but without installation fees). Calvin is a very experience guy and he gave us a lot of ideas during our selection. He also introduced a very good skill technician, Mr Choong,to install all the lights and fans for us. We are very satisfied for his job.

Hi,

May i knw where is TOP TEN? Is it a corner shop lot? I had been to Puchong today, I saw the shop signage but it is closed. Wonder whether it is the TOP TEN you girls are refering..

Hi,

May i knw where is TOP TEN? Is it a corner shop lot? I had been to Puchong today, I saw the shop signage but it is closed. Wonder whether it is the TOP TEN you girls are refering..

Yes. Just beside Tesco. But they off on Sunday. You better go on weekday or saturday. :)