meiteoh

Not going for your honeymoon?

Hmm.., DecBride, this is based on my own opinion, dun get offended yeah.

1. big proposal ring -> I dun understand why need engagement ring at all, since the one we will wear is our wedding ring, engagement ring usually stored in someplace, so for me, I prefer dun want, since I always forget where I stored things. :D

2. new furniture -> Only new mattress needed loh.., but if possible, yup, new bed is nicer.

3. renovation -> May I know why u need renovation if the house is completed?

4. hotel banquets -> what is your expectation? What is his expectation?

5. photographers -> same as no. 4

6. make up artist -> this one up to you loh, since u fork out the fee urself rite?

Escudo,in that case I'll never go for my honeymoon!! :D :P since I have Ashley before the wedding reception

Mummy, that's my personal opinion only. :P Which was why I pushed for the honeymoon, hehe.

Hi Escudo,

He's the one who said wanna buy me a proposal ring, asked me to choose and so i chose. but now he kept on talking abt it and how i greed for a bigger diamond.

new furniture - i'm just asking for a new bed and a dressing table. i'll be moving in into his parents' and his room doesn't have a dressing table leh....

renovation - i just want a nicer ceiling and a bathroom. his house is 30 odd years, so can you imagine the toilet? 30years old luxury toilet with a stupid bathtub!

venue banquet we'll confirm by next week.

photographers and MUA he said he don't expect it to be so expensive....

never budgetted them.

Oh my god, he's really 'rough heart' or what.

Hmm.., DecBride, this is based on my own opinion, dun get offended yeah.

1. big proposal ring -> I dun understand why need engagement ring at all, since the one we will wear is our wedding ring, engagement ring usually stored in someplace, so for me, I prefer dun want, since I always forget where I stored things. :D

2. new furniture -> Only new mattress needed loh.., but if possible, yup, new bed is nicer.

3. renovation -> May I know why u need renovation if the house is completed?

4. hotel banquets -> what is your expectation? What is his expectation?

5. photographers -> same as no. 4

6. make up artist -> this one up to you loh, since u fork out the fee urself rite?

I *think* we are going for a honeymoon but we are not sure when because now, I really don't feel like spending all that cash coz we only have one person providing all the income. HB is still okay with going so maybe Greece is on the plate again? :P

Dec, every woman wants to have the dream wedding and dream home, but sometimes we have to be realistic about things...

Here's what I went through when I got married, etc:

1. big proposal ring - I really don't care; my HB didn't propose, I don't have a ring and our wedding bands costs less than 1.5K. We didn't see the point of spending so much on this item when we can use the money for other things.

2. new furniture - 50% of my furniture is second hand; we can't afford new stuff so we work within our budget and see what we can afford.

3. renovation - if you can't afford to do things at one go, then why not do it slowly? you'll save more money, seriously...

4. hotel banquets - this really depends on what you can afford...

5. photographers - same as no 4...

6. make up artist - you can scout around for some within your budget who will still do a pretty good job...i paid for this myself so it was pretty much up to me. my face mah, no HB's...

Just in case you're wondering, men are like that...a bit rough around the edges and they just need more explanation and reasoning, that's all. Just have a chat with him and explain why you need things done and etc, lor. :)

Hi Meiteoh,

Thanks for your input.

We sort of talked the renovation out of the budget now. I have to bear with the ugly ceiling n bathtub for the rest of my life. unless he strikes lottery n v can afford to move out of his parents.

furniture i will insist on new one. if he doesn't want to buy, then i'll just return the ring to him la.

hahaha.. maybe not, coz i don't have my proposal ring with me now. we just bought it n he still haven't propose. yes. i'm the demanding type of girl. a man MUST propose. i am willing to do all the planning but if you don't propose, even if you help or do all the wedding preparations, i will think twice to marry you.

honeymoon? i don't dare to hope alr. but i'll keep my promise, no honeymoon no baby.

so guess i'm really not a happy bride to be after all hor...

MUA n photographer i'm still looking. it's crazy market nowadays, easily 1k for each of them.

worst come to worst i'll pay for my own n won't let him see the photos..

hahahha ...

like a little girl 'tao hei'...

I *think* we are going for a honeymoon but we are not sure when because now, I really don't feel like spending all that cash coz we only have one person providing all the income. HB is still okay with going so maybe Greece is on the plate again? :P

Dec, every woman wants to have the dream wedding and dream home, but sometimes we have to be realistic about things...

Here's what I went through when I got married, etc:

1. big proposal ring - I really don't care; my HB didn't propose, I don't have a ring and our wedding bands costs less than 1.5K. We didn't see the point of spending so much on this item when we can use the money for other things.

2. new furniture - 50% of my furniture is second hand; we can't afford new stuff so we work within our budget and see what we can afford.

3. renovation - if you can't afford to do things at one go, then why not do it slowly? you'll save more money, seriously...

4. hotel banquets - this really depends on what you can afford...

5. photographers - same as no 4...

6. make up artist - you can scout around for some within your budget who will still do a pretty good job...i paid for this myself so it was pretty much up to me. my face mah, no HB's...

Just in case you're wondering, men are like that...a bit rough around the edges and they just need more explanation and reasoning, that's all. Just have a chat with him and explain why you need things done and etc, lor. :)

i'm not doing honeymoon too. well, HB was eager about it but i'm not such a travel bug. it's nice though at the thought of seeing diffrent countries. i only been on a plane twice which was to langkawi and SG. also we're strap for cash now. he hopes to get enough funds with this year ends bonus and maybe we could do Bali and Bangkok. more of a shopping trip for both of us than romantic getaway.

Hi decbride,

Maybe this will console you. Initially i think i was pretty demanding too. i think it's a nurturing process how our mom's taught us on how to perceive a marriage. at first i thought that ALL expenses should be bear by the groom. and what's worse is during my courtship years i would hint to HB about had he been saving enough funds but not actually asking how much he have. finally when it comes the big day, i had such disappointment when he can't fork out as much. and also he have to depend on his year end bonuses to see if we have enough funds. i was angry and sad. then i decide to 'interview' a few guy friends and asked them about things like do they actually save for marriage. and none of them say yes. i've sum it up to that modern guys nowadays totally did not put a major priority in funds for marriage. and like my HB, he didn't know about things like GDL, and etc.. and we have srguments about why my mom was so demanding... anyway to cut this post short, this is what i had settled with:

1. big proposal ring - he have no funds at all but gave me one after i insist on it and it's also 0.3. and no proposal, just walk into Tomei (somemore during grocery shopping in careffour) and choose myself. good also incase he get some tacky ring. but suprise and romantic factor fell to zero lor.

2. new furniture - i insist on new bed, cause old bed tainted by ex... eeeewwww. share 50% cause i want four poster (can't afford teak though).

3. renovation - good point about his lack of funds is that he already have a place and paying through his nose for it. i'll get to that when both of us have enough funds

4. hotel banquets - oh i have a huge dream of hotel banquet, with a harem theme and bellydancers as i bellydance professionally and witness 'rich' people's weddings. How envy.... anyway scrap that for beach wedding only to find out both side parents complain so far and now we decide they can hold their own thing and we would not finance anything. so we just show our face. my dreaded cina karaoke banquet had really come true.

5. photographers - he ask his friend and bro to take shots on actual days. i'm not into wedding albums so save him a lump sum of money. manage to get a friend to do a few simple shots for me 'gratis'.

6. make up artist - well lotsa people told me not to do makeup yourself on that day cause pantang in future will be 'hardship'. dun wanna blow my horn here, but i decide to do hair and makeup myself. maybe cause im too fickle about my look.

Hi vintage,

haha..nice post to 'fatt sitt' here..I am not a very demanding girl, but when i started to preparing for our wedding, i found out that there are many things i definitely wish to have during wedding. Honeymoon is a MUST for me.My sister and my brother skipped their honeymoon and now they can't go anymore because of baby!! For me, it will be a 'wei ham' in my life. Honeymoon doesn't mean must spend a lot of $$..Try to explain to him ur feeling.My honeymoon will be in Bali..after did some research and planning, 2k+ is enough for a 5D4N trip include meals, accommodation, air fares, transport and a spa for 2..that is not a big amount..try to get air ticket when AirAsia give away free airfare, that will save a lot ^_^

Hi Dec,

I agree with vintage.most of guys now not saving for wedding..because they think that is not 'that' important. they think just 'take' u home and the other can do it 'cincai' :angry: for my hb,he never respect the Chinese tradisional and rules, keep show me black face when i explain wat he should prepare and not to do during wedding..I was so angry with him..for this, i was discussing with my hb and explain to him wat $$ he really need to spend and try our best to get the best price..and we need to follow the rules because our parents wan to do so.. SO, tell him ur feeling and try to settle until u 2 feel ok with the final decision.

>engagement ring >> my hb not proposed to me when v decided to register :unsure: just a immediate feeling wen v decide to do so..then we went to bought a wedding ring together..no 0.3 carat, but simple rings with diamond.after we went to book ROM date,i only asked him, i need a formal proposal. so, he 'diam diam' get back the ring from jewelry shop and brought me to a beach. He took out the our ring and proposed to me..haha..i was a bit suprise although we aledi decided everything.. i understand his financial condition, and my mum also agree simple ring is enough. i told him, remember to buy me bigger ring when we getting older and older..this to show how is our financial status along our marriage life.i am sure he will appreciate me and love me more and more..

>furniture >> emm...this i must agree with u, buy a new set of furniture is very important..this was told by my parents..I don't know is for ur good o a tradisional rules. our new room also in old house, but v will not staying often, just few days a month. I think after painting and a set of new furniture will make the room nice. try to discuss with ur hb about this..do some research on the furniture set.some shops offer a very good quality furniture in good price..if u r in KL area, try to look at CAVENCI..the furnitures are nice and cheap..about toilet, if really no budget, why not do it later..the most important is ur new room..

>hotel banquet >> nowadays, all wedding package are expensive <_< why not do it in restaurant..ask quotation from as many restaurants as u can.I got a very great deal with my banquet restaurant..that help me save a lot..my friends said sure got extra $$ there, then i can upgrade my honeymoon budget :P for u, if got extra $$, u can renovate the toilet lo

> photographer >> at first i tot wan to get a professional photographer, but that will cost me at least 700++ then my hb suggest his 'heng dai' will help. :( i was not happy hearing this..after get advice from my friend, i feel better..my friend also agree to help me take photo. she also will borrow a nice SLR camera to take for me..this again help me save a lot...well, friends are so important in our life!!!!!!

> MUA >> he has no objection on this, this is a MUST for every bride. we try to ask many MUA and all charge me a lot..i got 3 make up to do. at first,we deal with 2 different MUA with total cost rm900..i am not happy with this price but no choice(heart feel pain when spend this for make up only)...then try to ask friends who ever got married and finally i found my friend who learning make up..she charge me RM400 only..OMG!!!that again help me save $$..

so, planning and doing research is important..sometimes we cannot compare with those rich people..just do wat ever ur budget can give u..ur hb $$ = ur money..try to think his problem, help him save $$ mean help u 2 to have a better future.if u think something is a MUST for u, explain ur feeling to him. I m sure he will understand..understanding and believing and caring are important to build a good relationship :) good luck to u

agnescht,

i'd like to find out as well.

FH and I are not going for a honeymoon too. Two reasons, no money at all (serious);

and he's back to work two days after the wedding. I'll probably return to work too since there isnt any point being home alone.

Our wedding is in three weeks and i feel abit sad la. We havent holidayed together ever and i wanted some romantic time with him. Also, we havent bought any furniture. The renovation of our place has emptied our pockets. *Aiyoh*

Neway, im off for a brazilian wax now... hehehe...

ta

agnescht,

Mind to share how you survey and plan for your 5D4N Bali honeymoon for RM2K+ for all in? Thanks!

Hi yvonne,

sure...actually i did a lot of research at cari forum..it's really help a lot..they recommand the nice and budget accomamdation in many area..can see the pictures as well. :lol:

1st>> u need to get the cheapest airfare with Air Asia. I couldn't get 0 airfare, still need to pay RM50 for airticket :(

my $ planning will be like this:-

1. airfare for 2 : RM 670

2. hotel(Kuta area)2N : RM 400 (4 start,low season only can get this price,if wan budget,stay in 2 star,RM100-120 pernight only)

3. hotel (Ubud area) 2N : RM 240 (nice hotel recommand by friend).

4. driver for whole trip : RM 350 (according my schedule,some only half day,then v only pay half day price, about RM90-120 perday)

5. spa (Verona Spa) : RM 150 (others spa also almost this price, but not in hotel, u can get many spa in Ubud area)

6. meals(for whole trip) : RM 300 (more o less)

7. airport tax (Bali) : RM 100 (for 2 person)

8. survenir : RM 150 (i am not shopping type, so juz buy enuf)

>>>Total will be amost RM2400 only. if staying in budget hotel, can save RM200 for shopping as well :P

well, because of honeymoon, we may upgrade to stay in Hardrock Bali or private villa :P i am sure total not reach RM3000. I think tat is quick budget for a trip for 2 persons. :D if u wan any hotel list or forum link, i can pm to u. u can see the hotel photo that taken by forum members and the whole trip expenses ;)

No honeymoon for me too mainly because my FH can't take so long a leave. Just going on a short trip to Bali with our friends 1 day after the wedding. We all managed to get really cheap air tickets to Bali - only RM220 return!!! Managed to book those tickets while air asia was having this free seats promotion.

Hi gurlnextdoor,

u will be regret if not going to honeymoon . after u have baby, i don't think u can go anymore..my sister and siater-in-law told me about this. actually AirAsia got offer 0 airfares recently. if really no budget, y not plan to local honeymoon? :o Langkawi? Redang?

As i know, Awana Porto Malai, Langkawi got a nice honeymoon package(3D2N),only RM800+ for 2. includes seaview honeymoon deluxe room, meals, private romantic sunset yard(only 2 of u), candle light dinner, flowers,free airport tranfer etc. Then,get a cheap ticket from airasia. the whole trip only RM1000 + only :lol:

I stay there before, it was nice :D big room, clean, polite staffs.

agnescht,

i'd like to find out as well.

FH and I are not going for a honeymoon too. Two reasons, no money at all (serious);

and he's back to work two days after the wedding. I'll probably return to work too since there isnt any point being home alone.

Our wedding is in three weeks and i feel abit sad la. We havent holidayed together ever and i wanted some romantic time with him. Also, we havent bought any furniture. The renovation of our place has emptied our pockets. *Aiyoh*

Neway, im off for a brazilian wax now... hehehe...

ta

agnescht,

Mind to share how you survey and plan for your 5D4N Bali honeymoon for RM2K+ for all in? Thanks!

Hi yvonne,

sure...actually i did a lot of research at cari forum..it's really help a lot..they recommand the nice and budget accomamdation in many area..can see the pictures as well. :lol:

1st>> u need to get the cheapest airfare with Air Asia. I couldn't get 0 airfare, still need to pay RM50 for airticket :(

my $ planning will be like this:-

1. airfare for 2 : RM 670

2. hotel(Kuta area)2N : RM 400 (4 start,low season only can get this price,if wan budget,stay in 2 star,RM100-120 pernight only)

3. hotel (Ubud area) 2N : RM 240 (nice hotel recommand by friend).

4. driver for whole trip : RM 350 (according my schedule,some only half day,then v only pay half day price, about RM90-120 perday)

5. spa (Verona Spa) : RM 150 (others spa also almost this price, but not in hotel, u can get many spa in Ubud area)

6. meals(for whole trip) : RM 300 (more o less)

7. airport tax (Bali) : RM 100 (for 2 person)

8. survenir : RM 150 (i am not shopping type, so juz buy enuf)

>>>Total will be amost RM2400 only. if staying in budget hotel, can save RM200 for shopping as well :P

well, because of honeymoon, we may upgrade to stay in Hardrock Bali or private villa :P i am sure total not reach RM3000. I think tat is quick budget for a trip for 2 persons. :D if u wan any hotel list or forum link, i can pm to u. u can see the hotel photo that taken by forum members and the whole trip expenses ;)

Dear Agnes,

Can you PM me the hotel list & forum link? Meaning set budget RM3k is more than enough lor... ;) Ur hotel rate included govt & service tax? May I know which hotel in Kuta & Ubud you stayed? Thanks!

I am sure as girls, we all have dream weddings all figured out in our head.....:) I too have the same dreams!

But it is ok, the important thing is from your wedding day onwards, you have a man who will be your partner in life....

That I think is more important than big diamond ring, big nice room, hotel banquets, nice furniture, make-up artist. :)

Don't lose the wood for the trees.....