agyy

Curtains

Anyone know where can I find nice curtains in Kuching? MTM as well?

Thanks in advance... :)

You can try Home Designer at Jalan Tun Jugah, after the Simpang 3 flyover (adjacent to Casarano block) or Home Harmony at boulevard. You can also try FAH Co. along the Gambier Street.

Hi Casperina,

Thank you so much on the info! Will go find it out tomorrow... ;)

Hi Casperina,

Juanil,

Home Designer is having promotion now: Buy 1m free 1m. You have to be careful not to take the promotion literally as it is. My curtains was made by Home Designer Miri Branch and it costs me RM4600 for the whole house (double storey semi-d). The promotion buy 1m free 1m is for cheaper type of material RM18 (or below) per metre. If you buy the curtain materials with the promotion price, you still have to pay for the workmanship. Not sure what is the price in Kuching, but in Miri, they charge RM15 per piece. However, if you buy material that costs RM19/metre or more; the workmanship is free. So, you still have to compare which one is more economical for you. For my case, after I compared the promotion price materials with workmanship free materials, it is cheaper for me to go for the latter. And one more thing, dont forget to bargain. Who knows you might get lucky to have further discounted price.

Hi Casperina,

Juanil,

Home Designer is having promotion now: Buy 1m free 1m. You have to be careful not to take the promotion literally as it is. My curtains was made by Home Designer Miri Branch and it costs me RM4600 for the whole house (double storey semi-d). The promotion buy 1m free 1m is for cheaper type of material RM18 (or below) per metre. If you buy the curtain materials with the promotion price, you still have to pay for the workmanship. Not sure what is the price in Kuching, but in Miri, they charge RM15 per piece. However, if you buy material that costs RM19/metre or more; the workmanship is free. So, you still have to compare which one is more economical for you. For my case, after I compared the promotion price materials with workmanship free materials, it is cheaper for me to go for the latter. And one more thing, dont forget to bargain. Who knows you might get lucky to have further discounted price.

Casperina,

Thank you so much for the info given! Really appreciate it... :) Last Saturday luckily I didn't go to Gambier Street, there was a fire there! My colleague was there and she told me there was a big jam there! So sayang ler some of the old buildings were burnt down! :(

I think I will go Home Designer to check the promotion out! ;)

Casperina,

Thank you so much for the info given! Really appreciate it... :) Last Saturday luckily I didn't go to Gambier Street, there was a fire there! My colleague was there and she told me there was a big jam there! So sayang ler some of the old buildings were burnt down! :(

I think I will go Home Designer to check the promotion out! ;)

Ya lah. I read about the fire. There goes away our historical buildings. I wonder which shops that are affected by the fire. Today's paper mention that when public saw the items being put at the roadside, they thought that the shops are having sales. Little that they know about the fire. Anyway, enjoy your curtain hunting.

Hi, I went to H Home as recomended by some of the friends here. Went there and checked quite a lot of choices so i decided to do from there since the price is quite reasonable. The problem come when they deliver the item for installation.

(1) They did not install enough hooks (er.. if not call what) on the curtains rails. They even have the face to ask me to go all the way from Kajang to Puchong to pick it up.

WTF.. and i have to climb and install it myself, somemore i do not have the electrical screwdriver - damn have to waste rm100 buy one unit..

(2) Their quality is not as expected (maybe the pricing is cheap. SOme part of the curtain torn, abit only so my wife sew it back nicely.

(3) Our balcony sliding door curtain seems like shorter and never reach the floor.. hmmm and somemore the width is ngam ngam my sliding door width.. not enough cloth for the curtain to look like wave

(4) Another curtain is at the room, suppose to be follow the window's size but they do until not long not short from the floor.. like apek shorts.. :(

(5) they like to add some cost to your bill as their excuse is "lupa kira last time"

Actually all of them is nice, but service wise (delivery like shit). ANyway, what u pay is what u get.. next time i dont want go for cheap things already.. i wanna do 2nd set of curtain maybe go high class shop like macy and home harmony better...

Hi all,

I just fix my condo MTM curtain last week and i am quite happy with thier service and workmanship and would like to recommend to every one here.

Add:Excellent Home Decoration

No 4, Jalan 2/1, Pandan Jay(next to a electrical shop)

CTC:03-92824126

It is a small shop with limited choice but we manage to find the textile we like.We spend arond RM1300 for the living room+3 bedroom.

My situation is rather unique. :ohmy: Since I have plaster ceiling and I intend to conceal the top of the curtains, meaning I will have floor-to-ceiling height curtains, I constructed the curtain railings when I was doing the plaster ceiling. Now everything in the house has been done up, and I just need to select and install the curtains.

If I engage, say, Macy to do for me, then they will not need to install the railings anymore since these are done. Then how do I go about this ? Just ask Macy to sew the curtains and I install myself ?

Can I ask them to come and measure the curtains for me though they are not installing for me ?

How many percent of extra length should I build-in to the overall length of the curtains to enable the 'foldings' to look nice ?

I have another point to share too : I intend to make Roman Blinds for the other windows in my house. Saw some nice and reasonably-priced ones at Ikea the other day. The dimensions are :-

length : all at 160cm or approx 5.30ft

width : from 60cm (2ft) up to 140cm (4.60ft)

Price from RM 100 only.... Quite nice materials too. But must install ownself-lah !

I am looking for string curtains.. have checked a few furniture shop in kl - selling RM199 for 10m x 10m

then i decided to check out in seremban

one of the curtain shop quoted RM150 for the same measurement and have sewn the top part - so that we just put the hooks and can hang straight away

anyone has other contacts or know wherever i can find better price for the string curtain??

thanks

that day i went to 1 of the curtain at cheras, they qoute me RM300 for 10m x 10m...luckily i didnt buy, some more i told my hubby very cheap....

Do mind to share with me where u get Rm199 for the string curtain?

thanks in advance

that day i went to 1 of the curtain at cheras, they qoute me RM300 for 10m x 10m...luckily i didnt buy, some more i told my hubby very cheap....

Do mind to share with me where u get Rm199 for the string curtain?

thanks in advance

Dear Endless Love,

The furniture shop i went at puchong - most of them charge me RM199 - 10mx10m (not sewn)

but not many colour woo.. Caserini is the name of the shop - but dun let the boss highjack the price

he is quite chicky.. when i called him he quoted me RM299!! then his staff says only RM199

and also the other day i went to ask for quotation on a white tv cabinet

the staff quoted me RM1030

then when we go back another day - the staff quoted us RM1050 and then boss quoted us RM1060

i was so angry and disappointed and they pretend that they never say RM1030...

i didn't buy the string curtain from them

but most other shop also around RM180 - 10mx10m (not sewn)

THe one in seremban is quite cheap loh

only RM150 plus sewn on the top so that you can hang on the curtain railings straight away

regards

lexisgal

Hi all, i jz bought my curtain frm Nagoya, below are the details:

1. Living hall (Balcony hall- 12F x 8.5F) : Blackout + Sheer

2. Master Bedroom (9.5F x 8F): Blackout + Sheer

3. Study room (6.5F x 6F): Blackout + Sheer

4. Guest room (4.5F x 6F): Blackout + Sheer

3. Store room (3F x 6F): Blackout (cz left extra)

Total fabric cost: RM338

Total Workmanship (French/p): RM197

all together less than RM600 for whole house :lol:

Baagus quote me RM800 for one balcony door n normal fabric n w/o sheer.. :sauer2:

luckily didnt commit tat time..phew~~

Hi purple_Rain,

Can share with me Nagayo location?

I had paid deposit to Beverly at the Home Dec.

Living room + master room curtain = normal + blackout + sheer = 2k-3k (depends on fabric).

Including wooden rail and installation.

Is it very expensive?

Hi purple_Rain,

Can share with me Nagayo location?

I had paid deposit to Beverly at the Home Dec.

Living room + master room curtain = normal + blackout + sheer = 2k-3k (depends on fabric).

Including wooden rail and installation.

Is it very expensive?

Yeah sure, there is one near the pasar seni LRT station (opposite to udaocean supermarket). Another will be opposite to Sogo complex, u can find all the fabric wholeseller there like kamdar, SSF, Nagoya..etc. anyway, there got 2 Nagoya branches and have more choices than the pasar seni branch.

hmm...i would say Beverly is exp bcz they charge the design + installation fees. actually the fabric will only cost less than one thousand (even for the highest quality fabric) if u buy at Nagoya. The difference is no one will go to ur house to measure n match the color for u,u will need to measure, design, and install ur own. It depends on wat kind of service u r looking at. Hope it helps. :smile:

Got mine from Home Harmony Bandar Utama. Reasonably priced curtains if u ask me. Of course, those with $$$ can always try PASAYA - Gardens RM500 per meter also got ..faint.

Hi,

I want to sell 2 white string curtains because the size of the curtains don't fit my window. :dash2:

I bought them from Living Cabin for RM59.90 each. The measurement is 90cm x 200 cm. I plan to sell for RM25 each.

Please email me if you are interested, thank you!

Hello gals,

Do you know where I can get String curtains in KL? Any shops to recommend?

I am looking for string curtain that looks like the 2nd picture in the link below

http://www.shopwildthings.com/stcutu.html

Thanks

MacMac

There's a shop in Taman Tun, opposite the Pizza Hut row. They have it there but i'm sure it's not the only shop that has it. The place is called GI Deco

i have a very nice string curtain to sell of also.

It's brand new and i never use before.

I bought it from baagus for my new house, but the initial location that i plan to put the string curtain is no longer suitable due to fridge too big.

i plan to sell it at RM155, price is negotiable.

size is 9ft x 9ft

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/e...me/100_1310.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/e...-500p2beige.jpg