stanvien

honeymoon to NEw ZEALAND

Will Planning to NEW ZEALAND this september or october..ard 2 weeks time..

Probably will stay at south island--christchuch(fren house) and loook ard the nearest place there...

if direct flight to Chrischurch is about RM 2500 per person..

We intend flight to brisbane or gold coast then direct to christchuch(low air fair flight)

KL - brisbane is ard RM 1500 + - and brisbane to Christchuch is about RM 700...all return way...i can visit 2 country..

Anyway..still looking for cheap airfare from KL to brisbane...

anyone can help ???

New Zealand is a perfect place for honeymoon. U'll sure fall in love with this place, but make sure go there when nice weather, don't go during summer. :lol: New Zealand is the No.1 place that my hubby and I plan to revisit next time. :)

Agyy... which part of NZ that is perfect for honeymoon?

Last time we went to south and north of New Zealand. South including christchurch, queenstown, milford sound and a lot of lakes, one of the very nice lake is tekapo. Those lakes were real amazing, u would stop breathing when u see how amazing the scenery is. Don't know how to describe, but it is very worthy to go New Zealand. North including rotorua, auckland....the rest dont remember liao and we also went to Lord of The Ring place - mildford sound and hobbiton.

Below are some New Zealand photo that taken when we went there. But oh, sorry ah, pai se, the photo color is not as nice as the real scenary because last time just bought digital camera, didn't know how to set the brightness and mode, just play play took some scenery photo with it only. We took lots of really nice photo using normal camera, so cannot share with u all here. The real scenary is far nicer than this photo (U'll know when u get there :P )

165574371_2aeadfe4c7_m.jpg

165574370_5132ec3e2b_m.jpg

165574373_50f2f07e1b_m.jpg

165574374_5a4cf5b39a_m.jpg

Agyy... thanks for sharing... my bf and I not sure where to go yet for our future honeymoon hahaha... Australia? NZ? Japan? Europe?

Agyy... thanks for sharing... my bf and I not sure where to go yet for our future honeymoon hahaha... Australia? NZ? Japan? Europe?

Actually among all countries that we visited, I personally vote

1st choice - New Zealand

2nd choice - Europe.

3rd choice - Japan,

4th choice - Australia.

All places are best in spring and autumn, but don't visit during summer.

Speaking frankly, how enjoy u are in that country, besides its own attractive, the weather also very important, I'll never enjoy myself 100% if I visit during summer or near to summer, like last time we visited Italy, not 100% enjoy lor because of the weather lor.

Ahhhh! New Zealand......

Went there for honeymoon many years ago and still talking about it.

Queenstown (must go)

1) AJ HAckett Bungee

2) Shotover jet

3) Mount Cook

4) Whitewater rafting

5) Tandem parachuting

and many more.......

ie: Whale watching, milford sound, Rotorua (Smells stinky), lake wakatipu (don't worry, will not get tipu,New Zealanders are a very friendly lot. ha ha ha)

Seeing all the recommendations and pics here make me want to go New Zealand. Is it better to join a tour or to self drive? Any idea how much it will cost for self drive + accommodations + food + tourists spot entrance fee for say, a week?

Seeing all the recommendations and pics here make me want to go New Zealand. Is it better to join a tour or to self drive? Any idea how much it will cost for self drive + accommodations + food + tourists spot entrance fee for say, a week?

My personal opinion, New Zealand is the most suitable for self drive country. Because their road sign is very very clear and informative. There got lots of rest area specially for self drive cars (those that can sleep and eat inside the car) to rest. And also there got lots of Information Centres, so u can just stop and ask, they are all very friendly.

I heard my friend's daughters went there with friends (self drive), they spent around RM2k++ per person for more than 2 weeks, quite cheap if compared with the tour package. :unsure:

try Dunedin...

my frend is living there as a PR..she told me it's really nice if u love sight seeing...nice sceneries..although i havent been there before...*wish to go for my honeymoon too* :unsure:

if anyone need to know bout Australia, then i can help. :)

oops* outta topic, sorry...

My hubby and I self drive around south west australia for our honeymoon. Really enjoyable minus the hassle of rushing or waiting for other travellers if we travel by tour package. Can spend more time at certain places, eat when we feel like it and also enjoy not having to talk to fellow travellers ;)

So now we are planning for another self drive holiday for our anniversary and NZ seem to be perfect.

i think south island of NZ is better. Auckland is the biggest city of the country, hmm.... actually nothing much to see. I heard the scenery in South Island is superb. If i go, i would like to go in winter, so far i still havent see snowing day. Didn't even have a chance to go to Rotorua when i was in NZ for 4 yrs. Well, still in High School and no $$ to go. :(

if anyone need to know bout Australia, then i can help. :)

oops* outta topic, sorry...

Hi piggy,

may i know when is the best time to visit australia? eg: Sdyney?

tq

Wow................ thank you for this information. We yet to decide which place to go, so New Zealand seems like very good place for honey moon ya.......... my wedding will be next year Jan. May i know what season for that period in NZ? which month is for spring and autumn season?

Is china a good place for honey moon?

yes i fully agreed , nz must be a place to be visited esp queenstown. another one of the major attraction is franz josef, where u can see the glacier and even do some climbing of course with a guide bringing you along. i can' termember maybe picton, you can catch a whale watching too. the places i mentioned are all located in south island. dunedin u all may skip it cos it's very small small town. christchurh is a bigger city and milford sound is a MUST also

Hi, any idea for the cost for 2 person and self drive there for 2 weeks? I heard from my fren the flight already abt 3k per person, is it possible we budget 10k for the whole trip?? (ahhaha.......should sleep at road side ....)

if someone can provide the motel recomment(cox no money for hotel mah), the itinery, budget, and the month to go will be great...............

arigato!!!

originally thought of going to NZ for honeymoon too. But I figure its the kinda adventurous place where you go with a bunch of good friends. not really that romantic?! dunoo....

Jan should be pieak summer in NZ.

Can actually go to both places, NZ & OZ. Fly with Air NZ lo. I checked the fares b4 with Reliance. KL->S'pore->Melb(dun know can fly to other city or not)->Auckland->Melb->S'pore->KL, is 4k something. If you wanna go to south island of NZ then just go NZ only. I think the domestic flight fare isn't cheap also. Well, north & south island is big enough for u to travel.

For NZ & OZ, Jun-Aug = Winter (July is the coldest)

Sept-Nov = Spring

Dec-Feb=Summer (sometimes it's hotter than M'sia)

Mar-May= Autumn

OZ's weather is very unpredictable, sometimes you can have 4 seasons in one day. Not sure about other cities, at least Melb's weather is like this. Hope this helps.