yee0808

List of Boutiques / Tailors for WG and EG

cammy,

you from kuching rite, or do you live in kl? It depends on the talior's name and the material you wan..

In kl, the tailors that would be able to do under 1k would prob be neo (can find her in the forum classified vendors, her quality is soso lor.. ) and not sure about others..

the higher quality material of gowns , esp if u show them a picture u would like would prob be looking at 1.2k above, the better the tailor name brand the more expensive and the more detail the more expensive as well.. Unless you go for china tailors online..

do you have an idea which type of gown you would like?

jojo

cammy,

you from kuching rite, or do you live in kl? It depends on the talior's name and the material you wan..

In kl, the tailors that would be able to do under 1k would prob be neo (can find her in the forum classified vendors, her quality is soso lor.. ) and not sure about others..

the higher quality material of gowns , esp if u show them a picture u would like would prob be looking at 1.2k above, the better the tailor name brand the more expensive and the more detail the more expensive as well.. Unless you go for china tailors online..

do you have an idea which type of gown you would like?

jojo

Hi Jojo,

Ya,I'm from Kuching but staying in KL now.

I was thinking to rent gown only for my wedding.

But after I read all the post here in MB,I noticed that if u MTM your gown also not bad.

Hmm....I have no idea what type of gown I like,because I'm quite chubby,I also do not know what type of gown suits me.

And I do not know where can I see for the sample or design of the wedding gowns. :(

hi cammy...

theres pro n con for mtm gowns lor... esp for wg if mtm, later would have to sell.. some ppl find it abit mafan.. if renting got more options to choose from and most of the bs can offer a few gowns for rent in the package and also can do the ps package all together.. so depends on urself i guess..

for more chubby brides A-line gowns are the best.. cos they dont emphasis ur tummy, and make u look slimmer.. n get those with long train at the back.. and details on the top half of the gown (not at the tummy area)..

One thing you can do is go to different shops, whether it be bridal studios or mtm tailor shops... go try on gowns (when u walk in, ask if u can try on their gowns)... dont sign with any package, jus go see see.. so tat u can see wat the market has to offer.. n then you would get a much better idea on wat sort of gown u like, design, how good the sales ppl would be to help you in future etc (cos the best thing is to actually wear it, then jus looking at pictures)... n then make a decision whether u prefer mtm or bs renting package lor.. dont get pushed into anything by the sales ppl..

jojo

hi cammy...

theres pro n con for mtm gowns lor... esp for wg if mtm, later would have to sell.. some ppl find it abit mafan.. if renting got more options to choose from and most of the bs can offer a few gowns for rent in the package and also can do the ps package all together.. so depends on urself i guess..

for more chubby brides A-line gowns are the best.. cos they dont emphasis ur tummy, and make u look slimmer.. n get those with long train at the back.. and details on the top half of the gown (not at the tummy area)..

One thing you can do is go to different shops, whether it be bridal studios or mtm tailor shops... go try on gowns (when u walk in, ask if u can try on their gowns)... dont sign with any package, jus go see see.. so tat u can see wat the market has to offer.. n then you would get a much better idea on wat sort of gown u like, design, how good the sales ppl would be to help you in future etc (cos the best thing is to actually wear it, then jus looking at pictures)... n then make a decision whether u prefer mtm or bs renting package lor.. dont get pushed into anything by the sales ppl..

jojo

Hi Jojo,

thanks a lot for your help.

i really really do not know what and how to do.

i will take note of your advices.

hehe.....

hi cammy,

dont worry ah cos most of us was like this when starting our wedding preps.. hehehe... can always ask questions one.. better then finding out urself after buying..

one thing i can suggest is, if u wan to mtm a gown, can mtm an evening gown.. later can wear for dinner events or something.. can always alter it.. if u really really wan to mtm a wedding gown ok lor, but it's better to mtm a better quality gown or well known name so tat would be easier to sell later unless u wan to keep..

or get a good quality bs package lor... one of the bs in ss2 monliza, vogue, , tom ,touch / love vision, or decassamia... their gowns are not bad, i would say these bs are the best in kl with good range of gowns n photographers..

if wan me to be pian xin, i would say monliza.. hahhaha..they have like 1 thousand gowns, all my frens with monliza (known them from the forum) can find the gown they like, even if abit chubby (i'm abit chubby also.. trying to go to gym lots).. the normal package is about 3998 (i think).. with at least 2 wgs, 3egs and costume for ps.. n also includes 1 wg n 2eg for actual day... with alot of other stuff.. or monliza now have another new branch called sweet girl, and their packages are less expensive, but still the same quality as monliza, jus tat as monliza side is gonna have a new studio for backgrounds and the sweet girl branch is using the old backgrounds

i heard the new bungalow looks like a castle.. hehehee.. i sound very excited rite.. heheh my ps in AUG..

and monliza now have this extra promotions, if you wan to go more OD places, they go to PD or uluyam with a few couples, and have a few pgs and a few muas there in different backgrounds with piano or picnic or garden etc.. for about 199rm with another wg n eg..

if u mtm one evening gown, can always use the evening gown in the bs packages exchange with the bs for something else in the package... but go have a look at the bridal studios first before u decide to mtm gown ah...

if u wan.. go to monliza, ask for november (she doesnt work on monday).. tell her u are joanne's fren and u donno if wan to sign bs package but jus wan to try on gowns to have a look ... her service is very good and all the monliza girls say she have very good taste in gowns.. she wont pressure u to sign package.. jus tell her in the end you have to go back home have a think.. if go to monliza or any bs, the best is to go on a weekdays as they arent as busy and have more time to explain things to you.. as i heard on weekends the bs are like very crowded..

dont mean to be pian xin.. hehehehe

good luck

jojo

Yunarie, personally, I think you should first shortlist your designs based on what you know will look good on you, and then from there, choose which design you like best. Unless you're very fashion savvy and you know your body shape and what will flatter it, I dunno... I've had experiences where I like a certain style a lot, but when I wear it it's just.. ohh nonononononono... :P Take into consideration, too, that pictures are of models who are matched (I think) to the dress they wear so that the dress looks its best.

Is it at all possible to find a dress like #2 so you could try it on and see for yourself whether it suits?

Yunarie,

I think it is better go for the design that suit your body well. I like princess dress but too bad I'm too short to carry the dress =( so end up I give up the princess design and go for A-line.

I'm sure you want the gown looks nice on you right? like this, before you finalise the design, survey at those BS and try their gown, you will be able to know which design suits your body the best.

About lace, look at the quality before you bought and if you want bring your tailor along, s/he knows well which lace is suitable to do. I bought the lace that I like, end up my tailor told me, the lace is nice but give them headache to make my gown! hahaha .. reason? my lace has nice beading which they nid to remove it before they can cut and sew, then after sew they nid to stitch it back again =.="" but she told still can do la, just more work and workmanship is more expensive =.="" what to do? HB and Mum love the lace. I just hope the end result will really look nice =)

Hi Yunarie:

Hehehehhehehe i like the first design and i think you can carry it. hehehe... i like elegant design so i will definitely choose the dress 1.

But i will really strongly recommend you to try on all kind of design before you confirm cause sometimes what you see may not suit you in the end.

BTW, i wanted to visit White and Lacey too, how's their service? good ar?

Happy Gown Hunting!

I did try on one or two dresses with layers, not as soft and flowy like dress no 2, but something along the line, but i don't look good. I think i'm not tall and skinny enough, i'm only 160cm tall. after getting all the advice from you gals, i think i'll go for empire cut a line dress with full lace. thank you all very much!!!

From MB forum, I found out about Micky Tan, I spoke to her on the phone (She sounds like a really bubbly and cheerful person :smile: ) and she's willing to accompany me to buy the lace from Jalan TAR if she doesn't have the kind that I like (sounds like a very honest designer). I'm going to meet up with her next week and we'll see how it goes. I quote like her and I think her charges will not be higher than W&L and After Twelve.

IMO, Paulynn is very honest, she'll tell you point blank if you would look good in certain designs and she'll help you to customise/amend the design of your gown based on your body shape/perference/budget. I don't think anybody would doubt the quality of their (and After Twleve) gowns since they command a higher price than say Tailor ABC. I hope I can get a cheaper and equally beautiful gown without sacrificing the quality. Worse come to worse I would have to go for either of the two above lol

hi cammy,

dont worry ah cos most of us was like this when starting our wedding preps.. hehehe... can always ask questions one.. better then finding out urself after buying..

one thing i can suggest is, if u wan to mtm a gown, can mtm an evening gown.. later can wear for dinner events or something.. can always alter it.. if u really really wan to mtm a wedding gown ok lor, but it's better to mtm a better quality gown or well known name so tat would be easier to sell later unless u wan to keep..

or get a good quality bs package lor... one of the bs in ss2 monliza, vogue, , tom ,touch / love vision, or decassamia... their gowns are not bad, i would say these bs are the best in kl with good range of gowns n photographers..

if wan me to be pian xin, i would say monliza.. hahhaha..they have like 1 thousand gowns, all my frens with monliza (known them from the forum) can find the gown they like, even if abit chubby (i'm abit chubby also.. trying to go to gym lots).. the normal package is about 3998 (i think).. with at least 2 wgs, 3egs and costume for ps.. n also includes 1 wg n 2eg for actual day... with alot of other stuff.. or monliza now have another new branch called sweet girl, and their packages are less expensive, but still the same quality as monliza, jus tat as monliza side is gonna have a new studio for backgrounds and the sweet girl branch is using the old backgrounds

i heard the new bungalow looks like a castle.. hehehee.. i sound very excited rite.. heheh my ps in AUG..

and monliza now have this extra promotions, if you wan to go more OD places, they go to PD or uluyam with a few couples, and have a few pgs and a few muas there in different backgrounds with piano or picnic or garden etc.. for about 199rm with another wg n eg..

if u mtm one evening gown, can always use the evening gown in the bs packages exchange with the bs for something else in the package... but go have a look at the bridal studios first before u decide to mtm gown ah...

if u wan.. go to monliza, ask for november (she doesnt work on monday).. tell her u are joanne's fren and u donno if wan to sign bs package but jus wan to try on gowns to have a look ... her service is very good and all the monliza girls say she have very good taste in gowns.. she wont pressure u to sign package.. jus tell her in the end you have to go back home have a think.. if go to monliza or any bs, the best is to go on a weekdays as they arent as busy and have more time to explain things to you.. as i heard on weekends the bs are like very crowded..

dont mean to be pian xin.. hehehehe

good luck

jojo

Jojo,

so nice of you.

Nola,u r not pian xin lar,u are just sharing with me the BS that u think it's good,I wanna say thank u to u oh...

Monliza lar,okie,will go there and have a look...wakakkaa.....

I met up with Micky yesterday, she quoted me RM850 for the workmanship of my white gown, and she's willing to accompany me Jln TAR to get lace for my white gown, and maybe schiffon for my evening gown. I think my dress will come up to less than 2k if I manage to find nice beaded lace at about RM250 per meter. I think I'll engage her to do my white gown sometime in July. I'm so excited!!!

I tried on some dresses at D'Glitter at Plaza Damas last week, some of them are pretty nice, although the shop assistant claims the dresses are from Taiwan, the tag on the dresses say they're from China (I can read Chinese lol). Any wjay just want to show you guys this evening gown I tried on

3561707508_6f4150624e.jpg

It's a tube dress in silver/light grey with full lace and beads. Owner Joelynn was in the shop and she's willing to give me a discount for the dress. After discount, it still costs about RM2100! I like the dress but it's slightly above my budget. But she did mention that even after I buy the dress from her, I can leave the dress at her shop after my wedding for rental. She will help me to rent out the dress say at about RM500 and we'll share the rental 50:50 (she'll take care of the dry cleaning and maintenance of the dress). What do you guys think? Good investment?

P/S: There are many simple and cheap evening gowns (RM400+) and cheongsam (less than RM250) for sale. There are also some really nice but expensive dresses with loads of beads and sequinns that cost RM5k or more. Anybody interested can go check it out. The shop is a few shops away from starbucks inside plaza damas.

ladies.. i started this post since the WG and EG thread is very long and not listing of shops....

to link to previous post:

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....amp;start=1650

here you go some of the boutiques / tailors / home shop that sell or make gowns in Klang Valley that i've went for the past 1 mth:

Budget WG and EG (Can get below 1k)

a. Wedding Hub - sell second hand WG and EG from PIW and TSO.. price range from RM200 and above. They do have pretty nice gown.. TSO second hand gown package is higher but with alteration and dry clean but PIW price is lower but doesnt include alteration. If you do not mind a second hand gown, you can find pretty good ones here.. i missed the sales in july why why why? :(

oh ya, this place have many others wedding related services too.. its in 3 2 Square.

b. Just Wardrobe - this is a boutique they are not specialized in bridal.. they got sell many EG and some WG. They do not have a lot of design but sometimes u do get nice one when they have new stock.. hehehe price range from RM400 and above depending on design la... they can do alteration for you if you buy the gown.. its in Uptown, HSBC building, only off the rack.

c. Petaling Street- I dont know what name of the shop lio but their gown is range from RM180 onwards but then quality is below average as i think they buy from China, if you are looking for something to take photo and thrash it after that should be ok geh.. its near Yok Woo Hin in petaling street, only off the rack...

d. Neo wedding - this is kinda famous in MB.. i've went and ordered a dress for my friend wedding to test quality as I heard some members here got bad experience with them on lace.. their price range from RM300 onwards depending on design and fabric wo.. You can go there to check it out.. They got advertise in the classified ... location near SS2. off the rack and also MTM

e. Lachrynna - this one i havent go yet but i plan to go this coming weekend to chk it out .. i read from post that they have pretty reasonable quality + price gown range from RM 800 onwards.. not sure where is it though.. hahahhaha will update once i come back. off the rack and also MTM.

f. Endah Parade - I got my evening gown made here, i would rate is average la i think i use the wrong fabric, the design is nice just the fabric and workmanship is average. Cant expect much with the price to pay.

g. Mrs Gan - she is definitely friendly and helpful, i got 3 bajus made here heheheheh, nice and affordable especially good in cheongsam :P love it so much.....

Above 1k to 3k WG and EG

a. That Special Ocassion

This place got MTM with buyback, off the rack and rent.. off the rack ones range from RM1k and above... MTM not sure the price as I din ask yet... I might probably chk with them again soon... their design is ok la.. simple and nice... if u do have budget can chk out too..near mont kiara

b. Pretty in White

this place also MTM with buyback, off the rack and rent.. price range from RM2k and above depending on design but they do have very nice design.. i tried on one EG made of chiffon.. its sooooo nice but the price to pay also sooooo high hahahahaha.. can chk them out if you do have the budget....near mont kiara

c. Allan Couture

this place also MTM with buyback, off the rack and rent...price range from RM2k and above depending on design.. they do have very sexy and unique gown as well as conventional gown... the designer allan is a funny guy hahaha.. can chk out too .. they do sell veils and accessories...near mont kiara

d. Red Lantern

I went there yesterday with my cousins.. they have range of MTM and Off the Rack EG and WG.. price range from RM 1k and above.. they are very friendly ppl.. hehe i will meet up with them to discuss the fabric and price ... coz my lacy gown is very very ex lo........ help help!! in time square...oh ya they do qipao also...

f. Armadale - this is the place where i bought my gown.. they have pretty good quality gown , got new and got second hand as they are kind of a bridal shop... price range from RM500 and onwards during the sales so I do not have after sale how much it would cost wo? Their package include One time alteration and dry clean service. Its in damansara heights. Only off the rack, if MTM need to contact their designer lo, carven ong.. expensive woo wooo

g. De Rain Atelier - got MB members tailor made their gown here which is very nice but price range above 2k.. i'll go chk out the price then update here ya..

h. After Twelve - I went there to alter my gown that i bought from Australia and I MTM a veil there, so far i find them OK only.

i. White and Lacy -Just got to know this, he he he will pay a visit soon even though I shouldnt be looking at gowns anymore...:P

Designer Range RM3k and above..

a. Butterfly - Kenneth Hoong

I've went to Butterfly last year October when I first do my gown hunting, i was impressed by their SUPERB nice cheongsam but its too expensive for me, but Kenneth is very nice, he ask us to come back after CNY since we dont need it so early cause during off peak season, there'll be discount and normally up to 30%. End up this March, I went there again to check out and I made 1 cheongsam from them.. the workmanship (hand embroidery), the material (silk material inside out) is SUPERBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb , altho its the most expensive than my other gowns but i think its WORTH the price....... STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for those who have budget :P

b. Annie Wong

this is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MTM and off the rack (new and second hand, oh ya they buy back too depending on design). they got sell second hand gown range from RM1.5 k and above.. her details and workmenship is superb.. but cant afford lo.. even second hand also RM1.5k and above.. but if u do have budget i would recommend this... i nvr know that i can look so slim and classy until i tried out one of their halter neck gown.. its simple.. but yet can bring out the feel.. even my FH who are not that encourage me to get another gown would wan to sponsor me for her gown hahahahah so i think it must be real good... hehehe. oh ya its in bkt bintang

c. Keith Kee

Off the Rack and MTM no buy back, I went during their sales.. price range from RM800 for EG and RM2k for WG (during sales) and their sales is coming to end in August... i tried a few of their gowns dunno why it doesnt fit my that well.. and ppl there not so friendly......but i found my dream gown (full coat lace) there la... it cost me a TODS bag RM4.8k (after discount, normal price is RM6k)... i tried that gown just for fun but it turn out to be nice...but then ar.. now i suspect its just coincidence or what.. this dream gown of mine tat i tried.. i found the exact same (95% similar) from David Bridal a US bridal shop......... even the details is sooooo similar... hahahah dunno .... ?? its in aman suria

d. Carven Ong

MTM only.. and i think their off the rack they put in Armadale lo.. price range from RM 2.8k and above lo... they got package one.. u can chk it out if wan to.. nothing much to comment though hahahha Its priced higher now, 4.2k for evening gown and 4.5k for bridal gown.

e. Beatrice Looi

I visited their boutique last year when they are having sales.. they have very unique design gowns.... i love them but its too expensive for me.. their package that time is priced 3.8k and above.

f. Divine Couture

My friend got her gown made there, hehehe, she is happy with it but I have no idea :P

g. Eric Choong

I've paid a visit there sometime this year, they have some unique design gown but I dont quite like the style.. price range 3.5k and above.....

Supreme class 5k and above

The Designer Bridal Room - trust me, you will love every single gown here.. range minimum 5k and above.. its superb quality gown with superb service..... too bad I do not have that amount of $$ cause the gowns that i tried here easily cost me 10k and above :( Why why why? I will feel like a princess when i wear those hahahahhahaha.

oh ya online places will be like ebay.com and taobao.com... if u don mind taking the risk can try it here.......

That's all for now.. if i come across more later will post it here.. hehehhe

hope it helps! i am not promoting anybody ar.. i just post some places here that i've went.. moderator is this ok?

yee0808,

can u plz let me know whr can I find Mrs Gan?

What is the range of the gowns she MTM?

thank you.

i bought cheongsam in d'glitters too. their short/kneelength cheongsam is selling at RM220, very good quality and nice workmanship too. almost the same cost compared with buying directly from China/ from website, very reasonable.

Yunarie,

you look gorgeous in that dress! :wub: Is it a new gown, never been rented before? I remember Joelynn said if new gown is more expensive la.. :) got a new gown for AD then rent it out in the future ...hmm...i think still worth geh.. :cool:

i just bought some french laces from Euro Moda at Jalan Tar. They hav a huge range of laces there, the french laces from Korea and Japan are much cheaper (abt RM138 - 180 per metre only). Do check it out..its on sale now!! =)

wow....thanks to cmei and aisumomo,

now I have the listing,and gonna visit Lis Bridal real soon for gown hunt...haha...

i just bought some french laces from Euro Moda at Jalan Tar. They hav a huge range of laces there, the french laces from Korea and Japan are much cheaper (abt RM138 - 180 per metre only). Do check it out..its on sale now!! =)

I just visited white and lacy yesterday and after twelve today. based on the similar designs in the photos below, i have similar quotes:

3532397329_84b6944b42_m.jpg After Twelve: change halter neck to tube top, full lace at about RM2800 custom made, or i can take their promotion package that is available in May at RM3688 which includes 1 wedding gown and 1 evening gown and some other minor free stuff. Lace cost about RM100-150 per meter and the dress needs to use about 5 meters.

3532397369_df51c61c7d_m.jpg White and lacy, Paulynn quoted me RM2300 with almost similar design as this gown. The lace cost about RM280 per meter and 2 meters is sufficient as the main material on outer layer is netting and not full lace.

I tried on many dress in After Twelve, one of it is very similar to dress no 1 and i like how the empire a line cut looks on me. So should I make something that I know will definitely look good on me (dress 1) or something that I think I like based on a picture?

The cost is within my budget but I believe I can reduce it further, maybe by using a cheaper tailor? or by using cheaper material? Has anyone bought beaded lace before from JAlan Tar that is nice and cheaper than RM280 per meter? Any advice or opinion on the gowns?

personally...i think its too expensive. I've been to D'glitter and i find quality of the gowns are not tat great. I'm planning to make a full french laced cheongsam. Got my laces (4.5 m) and satin for about RM600+ only. Havent decided on which boutique to go to though. Shortlisted TSO and After Twelve, their charges are reasonable...less than RM1k.

I tried on some dresses at D'Glitter at Plaza Damas last week, some of them are pretty nice, although the shop assistant claims the dresses are from Taiwan, the tag on the dresses say they're from China (I can read Chinese lol). Any wjay just want to show you guys this evening gown I tried on

3561707508_6f4150624e.jpg

It's a tube dress in silver/light grey with full lace and beads. Owner Joelynn was in the shop and she's willing to give me a discount for the dress. After discount, it still costs about RM2100! I like the dress but it's slightly above my budget. But she did mention that even after I buy the dress from her, I can leave the dress at her shop after my wedding for rental. She will help me to rent out the dress say at about RM500 and we'll share the rental 50:50 (she'll take care of the dry cleaning and maintenance of the dress). What do you guys think? Good investment?

P/S: There are many simple and cheap evening gowns (RM400+) and cheongsam (less than RM250) for sale. There are also some really nice but expensive dresses with loads of beads and sequinns that cost RM5k or more. Anybody interested can go check it out. The shop is a few shops away from starbucks inside plaza damas.

I will go check it out with Micky later, thanks for your advice!

Yunarie,

you look gorgeous in that dress! :wub: Is it a new gown, never been rented before? I remember Joelynn said if new gown is more expensive la.. :) got a new gown for AD then rent it out in the future ...hmm...i think still worth geh.. :cool:

:oops: *blushed* thanks...yeah it's a new gown for sale, maybe that's why its more expensive

personally...i think its too expensive. I've been to D'glitter and i find quality of the gowns are not tat great. I'm planning to make a full french laced cheongsam. Got my laces (4.5 m) and satin for about RM600+ only. Havent decided on which boutique to go to though. Shortlisted TSO and After Twelve, their charges are reasonable...less than RM1k.

yeah probably not worth spending 2k on a dress fr china. There are many nice dresses at After Twelve, I believe their quality won't disappoint you. I'm trying to save a couple hundred by going to someone cheaper, besides I like the idea of choosing my own lace materials hehe

normally we go buy the cloth(kain) ourselves or the shop will buy for us?

I saw most of you buy the cloth yourself wor,kinda confuse here.

I also wanna MTM my wedding gown...

Most local designers or bridal shops like pretty in white, white and lacy will not allow you to buy the materials yourself. but i believe most tailors will allow you to do that, reason being their charges are not so high (partly because they only charge you based on the workmanship instead of both workmanship + materials *blink blink*)

Most local designers or bridal shops like pretty in white, white and lacy will not allow you to buy the materials yourself. but i believe most tailors will allow you to do that, reason being their charges are not so high (partly because they only charge you based on the workmanship instead of both workmanship + materials *blink blink*)

Oh i see.the cloth also not cheap ho...

i saw most of you bought your cloth at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman is it?

i haven't bought mine yet, but apparently Jln TAR is THE place to buy cloth hehe

i haven't bought mine yet, but apparently Jln TAR is THE place to buy cloth hehe

Oh I see.thanks Yunarie

Oh ya,your ROM will be on 09/09/09 also?

which registration office you go?

Mine is also on the same date,we plan to go Then Hou Temple.

And you also calculated your actual date.May I know from which Sifu you consulted?

Oh I see.thanks Yunarie

Oh ya,your ROM will be on 09/09/09 also?

which registration office you go?

Mine is also on the same date,we plan to go Then Hou Temple.

And you also calculated your actual date.May I know from which Sifu you consulted?

There's this guy, Mr Lim Kok Sai who is an assistant registrar of marriage, I am planning to do it at his office (which is his house lah actually) near rothman roundabout. I don't want to be part of the mass wedding, cos I am shy *blushed* scared to be interviewed by reporters. I think you better check with Thean Hou Temple now if the application is opened in case you miss it. A lot of people want to ROM on this day. My mum consulted some guy back at my hometown at Batu Pahat based on tong seng only, I don't think he's a master of any kind lol

Hi Brides-to-be,

I am new here. I just got married. I want to thank whoever introduced Micky Tan on the forum.

She is superb! Her charge is reasonable. I engaged her to MTM my evening gown. I love it! How I wish I actually knew about her before engaging Neo to do my wedding gown.

Hi Brides-to-be,

I am new here. I just got married. I want to thank whoever introduced Micky Tan on the forum.

She is superb! Her charge is reasonable. I engaged her to MTM my evening gown. I love it! How I wish I actually knew about her before engaging Neo to do my wedding gown.

Hi there, do you mind to post your gown picture here? I just went to shop for materials for my wedding, evening gown and ROM dress with Micky today at Jln TAR. I hope they'll turn out nice...

Dear all lovely brides,

I visited few boutiques over the week to look for gowns for my ROM which is on 9 Sept 09. I found a gown in a boutique in 1U and it costs RM799, extra charges for alterations.

Then I went over to My Bridal Gown, found d same gown except that the lower part is altered to mermaid style, d rest exactly d same thing, it cost RM500! That is huge difference! Even tho the gowns r quite limited in My Bridal Gown but to my taste, its all superb & worth d price! I will definitely go back to them to check out gowns for my AD! This place is highly recommended! Their service is good as u have to make appointments for viewing & purchase so they r able to handle u personally. The person tht handled me is Samantha, she is so nice, not pushy like some other boutiques, eager to ask me to try on gowns even tho she was aware tht I am not looking for AD gowns. What I was told is tht their gowns r from Hong Kong. http://mybridalgown.blogspot.com/

Then I went over to Neoromantic, showed them the pic of the gown, they quoted me about RM420 MTM, same materials, same color, except that the details of the beads might be slightly different. I think d reason for them to be able to quote such a cheap price is tht they made d gown in China & ship it back. To me, I dun mind much as im jus looking for ROM gown.

I also visited Nicleesher, found d same gown except different color for the sachs, its selling at RM799, 10% discount, additional 5% discount if u r a member of Nicleesher, which u can sign up in their website www.nicleesher.com

As for Just Wardrobe, I find that there are lots of gowns to choose for but it seems to me that there's ntg tht manage to catch my attention. The gals thr r frenly but to me, seems kinda pushy. I tried on few gowns, ntg impressive, yet d gal tht handled me keep telling me tis is d last piece, if u do not purchase now by d time u come back it might be sold d, asking me to put a deposit to book d gown, even after i said i wanna have a look at few more shops still she tried to persuade me to put deposit for tht gown, again, indicating tht is d last piece.

The day tht I went to Wedding Hub, it was d eve of their sale on 19 July, I saw gowns from PIW & TSO which d price seems unbelievable! Found a superb gown but it seems its a bit too short for me so I didnt purchase it. Its really worth it to purchase gowns during their sales!

In the end, I didnt purchase my ideal gown even tho I can get it at a good price from Neoromantic as I'm afraid it might not turn out to be exactly the one I want. To be on d safe side, I chose another simple short gown from the pic tht Neoromantic showed me, did some alterations on d designs n colors and it only cost me RM200. Even tho its jus a simple gown but it will still take about 1 & half month for d gown to b here as they r going to ship it here together with other gowns. I just hope it will arrive on time so tht I can do fittings & alterations. The date given is 26 Aug, I jus hope it will be punctual as I do not wan rush up & down like crazy jus for tht gown. If d gowns were to arrive right on 26 Aug, I have only about 2 weeks to do fittings & alterations when Im off, tht to me, is quite worrying as its not tht im around here everyday. I voiced out my concern to them regarding tis & they assured me it will come on time, hopefully it will.

So far, from my experience, if u r getting a gown off rack, maybe get a size bigger if u intend to wear it again in d future or maybe have it alter to a short gown to b worn in d future. The gown I tried on in 1U, thr's only size S left, which is just nice for me, I intended to cut it into short gown in d future for my sis to wear during my AD but luckily I did not purchase it. If ur size is S, get size M, alter it tighter, in future, u can still loosen it, if u get size S now, in future, thr's ntg much tht u can do with d size anymore.

This is wat I've seen so far with this few boutiques & I hope it helps.

Have a nice day gals! ^_^

Hi Brides-to-be,

Hi there, do you mind to post your gown picture here? I just went to shop for materials for my wedding, evening gown and ROM dress with Micky today at Jln TAR. I hope they'll turn out nice...

Hi Momiji and Yunarie,

How is Micky's service? I have contacted her for MTM cheongsam with fully covered with lace. She quoted me rm800 (non-bead)-1000(beaded) for workmanship.

Would also like to know her workmanship quality.

I have also contacted 'i.am.a.bride' Kathy, she quoted rm300-500 for workmanship and Kris from 'That Special Occasion' quoted rm700.

My budget is about rm1.8k. Micky mentioned that the silk and lining is about RM125. So now heavily depends on the cost of the lace.

It is very difficult to choose. Please advice and share.