CKM

Casual/Garden Wedding Party

I am looking for some kind of casual wedding party rather than dinner. Anyone got any idea???

I only know there is a bungalow rest called Passion Road where they rent their bungalow with nicely decorated and food for function. But i need more this kind of place for comparison.

Pls advise...loh....

TQ lah... :lol:

Passion road is good , got swimming pool! ;) but i tink can o nli accomodate 20 plus ppl ..

others are - Rahsia , Tamarind , Top Hat (maybe ) , Ceylon Hill ( i'm doing here ).

Would be happy to help answer ur queries ! :)

Passion road is good , got swimming pool! ;) but i tink can o nli accomodate 20 plus ppl ..

others are - Rahsia , Tamarind , Top Hat (maybe ) , Ceylon Hill ( i'm doing here ).

Would be happy to help answer ur queries ! :)

Hi Evelyn,

I am interested in Ceylon Hill?

What is the min & max pax in Ceylon Hill?

How much ($) per pax?

Can let me know please? :)

Thanks a millionz.

Hi all,

I am searching for a good place (nice, cozy and it has to be outdoor!) for my garden reception. I am bored and tired of the typical hotel, sitdown, 8 course chinese dinner (and will only do it to accomodate parents and in-laws).

So, I am planning an outdoor garden reception for just FRIENDS and I want to have a buffet spread (Western!) and a nice setting.

I am looking for a nice place, where I don't have to take their food (or maybe) and I can source for my own caterers. I know Covershots offers their place for RM2k just on rental, excluding tables, chairs, deco. I find that a little pricey. I am looking at about accomodating 150pax.

Does anyone know where I could rent a place? And how much I should budget? Pass on your recommendations, suggestions for caterers, deco, rentals of tables, chairs, canopy, DJ equipment? Oh! I am looking for a registrar to come to the site as I want to do my ROM at the garden reception! Anyone has any idea how to go about doing it?

Thanks!

Oh oh! Sorry - Selangor or KL. Selangor meaning PJ/Subang/Damansara areas and not like Rawang or Banting. :)

Hi ailin,

mayb u could try for Ciao restaurant (Italian restaurant) at Jln. Tun Razak.Not sure wether they'll just rent the venue, but u can check it out at www.ciao.com.my

:)

Hi Piggy,

I have just checked out the website. It is great. At least to me. Thanks for sharing. They do cater for wedding reception. Sound so good to be true. But not sure what's their price. I think this is just what Ailin is looking for.

Thanks again for sharing

hi jenniko,

no probs. :) ...well, im not too sure bout the price, guess u gotta talk to them bout it. I found tat italian rest. when im browsing thru the web. :wacko: .....I wish i could have my wedding there too..something different from traditional chinese sit-down dinner. But unfortunately, i can't coz my FH not agree to it. :( too bad...... n another thing is, for outdoor event, u gotta depend on ur luck on weather lor..if it rains on ur AD, then abit ma fan also. (they do provide canopies)... they said they'll arrange for 'plan B' kind of thing is it rains heavily.. :lol: .....and another thing tat i knew, is tat they'll spray a chemical to prevent those mosquitoes in de morning, and have mosquito ring coils place around the dinner area of ur AD..so, nonit to worry too much tat ur guests will be frustrated with those mosquitoes during the dinner...hahahaah..or else, ask them to bring their own Sheltox.. :P

Hi Piggy,

Yes, i read about those cons in Ciao website. They are really good and provide useful info in their website. Just to let us know what's the cons to have a garden wedding. I have not thought much about having a garden wedding yet but I love italian food personally and like you said, something for a change. Hehe...

I think my FH will like such thing. He is the modern type that dislikes old fashion sit down dinner...hehe...but can't do much unless his father said up to us. Haha...

hi jenniko,

good for you! :D well, i do LuRvEeE italian food too...hehehe..actually my FH is kidda ok with it, but yet, he said it's not nice lor..u know bout chinese..later ralatives 'look-down' on us..for having just garden dinner (mayb they dun have ideas tat it costs almost the same or more than traditional chinese dinner!)....he got his point there also lor. anyways, i think we can alwiz have a engagement party or something, juz with frends at Ciao...(if the budget allow us to do so...) :lol:

Hi Piggy,

Good idea. I having the same thought too. Maybe hold a small party just for friends. Should be exciting and fun. Hehe...

Hope you can get this party on soon. When's your wedding?

hi jenniko,

mine?..not really sure yet, but might be somewhere in end 2006/ or 2007 kua... :lol: havent really do anything yet, just browsing round the web to get to know more details,etcetc..so by tat time, nonit to rush lor..sounds good huh?..better have a early preparation than late ma...me n my FH r in the process of buying a hse 1st before we marry :) ...so, got too much stuff to 'fan' also lor :D

Hi all,

I must say that I have enquired about Ciao too. It cost minimum RM100++ per pax for buffet spread and sit down dinner starts at RM180++ per pax. :( It's way way out of my budget.

I have also enquired Bangsar Seafood Village to hold it outside - they freaking want to charge me RM3k for renting the outdoor area! Siao ah? Not like I am not taking the food.

THe other place is Msytique in Damansara Heights and they are quite expensive also. Dinner menu starts at RM98++ per pax all the way up to RM198++ per pax. No way lar.. I can't afford that.

Have anyone heard of BonTon? I wonder if they are cheaper??

ailin,

i dun think BonTon is any cheaper.

What's your budget? Maybe the girls here can work around that figure for you? :)

*dem, i sound like a sales person, aye?*

Hi ailin,

Another nice place for wedding is Passion Road in Damansara Heights. Very romantic setting. But I'm not too sure about the prices etc.

Have not been to Bon Ton but I've been told by a friend who attended a wedding there a couple of years back that it's quite nice.

niq

Another place is Top Hat - just behind Wisma HLA. It has a large garden. My fren told me she had a garden wedding there and it was very romantic. She bought tonnes of flowers and got the staff to help to decorate.

We eventually booked Passion Road for my brother's wedding celebration party. It was very well decorated, food excellent, and service is good too :) didn't see a swimming pool at their restaurant though :lol:

Dear All,

Hi, I am new in this forum :D I am also planning to have garden wedding. Could i know is there anyone know Msytique and Rashia contact info ? Since i can't find it on internet. Thanks you very much.

Hi all,

I am searching for a good place (nice, cozy and it has to be outdoor!) for my garden reception. I am bored and tired of the typical hotel, sitdown, 8 course chinese dinner (and will only do it to accomodate parents and in-laws).

Thanks!

Hey Ailin,

Congrats! I photographed a couple of garden wedding at Cafe Citron before. it is quite nice.

View Garden Wedding at Citron Here Also Preview on Passion Road Here

Have fun & all the best!