nwtyng

Honeymoon for Dec 2006 wedding couple

Calling for Dec 2006 wedding couples~~~~ :D

Come share your honeymoon plan!

I'll talk about mine for a start. :P

My AD is on 9th Dec. Hubby wanted to go for honeymoon straight after our wedding dinner on the 16th, but i told him it's peak period and price will be very expensive. So we are now planning for next year.. provided I'm not pregnant by then... heheh... :rolleyes:

My dream honeymoon is to Europe (esp Italy) :wub: , but hubby thinks it's way too expensive... :(

Now we are considering between New Zealand and Maldives. (Frankly, I still can't get over Italy... :D )

Has anyone visited NZ in March? Is the weather then nice? How abt Maldives? Anyone been there?

Other than these places, what other places are nice for honeymoon?

hi nwtyng,

My AD same as you, ninth DEC...i want to go honeymoon right after our wedding too, cos my vacation ended on 19th Dec, Europe also in the top of my list, as what u said Dec is consider peak season, not only the air fare is expensive, the flight might be quite full, therefore, we are looking for other budget trip, havent decided yet...You still can plan for Europe trip during off peak season... :D

Yeah,i have been to New Zealand, Auckland & Chrischurch, fresh air, nice scenery, very relaxing, these days the air fare kinda ex, around RM3500 including airport tax for round trip per person by Malaysia airlines, RM3300 for Singapore airlines, if go by tour, 6 days 5 nights around 5k plus per person...this is the price i surveyed 2 months ago b4 matta fair. During matta fair only RM1900 for round trip but travel period during October only.

But of course, Italy is more romantic if compare with New Zealand, but since your hubby is with you, doesnt matter where you go, also sweet n lovingly....hehe.. :unsure:

hi girls...

My AD on dec 2 .. straight away after wedding . Go short trip to bintan island, indonesia for 3 days 2 night. Cost abt S$408 for 2 person.Hopefully next year can go somewhr far far. thinking of going Gold Coast Australia.. or Hong KOng for disneyland. MY fav is Paris. BUt too expensive the trip.. Hopefully I get confirmation for permanent airline staff get foc next year.Hope for the best.

hi, enid...

Anything special in Bintan Island? mind to describe further? take a flight from changi airport or by ferry? Ohh, u r looking for flight attendant post so can get free travel?

wow wow....

I dun think I'll get to go to Europe la... my hubby press press the calculator and you can see sweat coming down his forehead... HAHAHA~~~

He just ditched the thought of going to Maldives - he did some calculation and said not worth it .... two people oredi cost RM7K only for 3 days...

So now.... NZ or not still dunno.. haiyo... tht hubby of mine hah... <_<

Got other suggestions for nice place for honeymoon? as long as it's not tour - my mom said it's like going to war when u join tour - and i agree! HAHA~~

Honeymoon shld be relaxing.... :P

nwtyng,

You can consider YTL's Pangkor Laut Resort. My cousin said it was better than her honeymoon in Italy. So romantic and peaceful there.

Phuisan,

You're right. i went to Bali end of last year, December too, hotel a bit more expensive than normal season, but consider quite reasonable, as the currency exchange not so expensive like Euro ....Can consider for it!!

Yeah, PeiPei, Pangkor Laut resort is in my list too, but the stay there is around RM800 per night, quite pricey too.....But of course i 'm sure the island have it own speciality.... :lol:

Hi Sharonpious,

Since the time you go to Europe is April I would suggest you go to Amsterdam. You will see a lot of colourful tulips which are really beautiful (if you like flowers). I went there few years ago and it was an enjoyable trip. Besides seeing tulips there are also a lot of other interesting things to see. You can do more research online.

I went to both Venice and Rome too, and to be honest I didn't quite like Rome that much compare to Amsterdam. Rome is a historical place where you can see a lot of landmarks (really a lot!) but also mean many tourists will be there too, quite crowded in some areas.

Hi sharonpious!

I live in holland so may be of help.

Now travelling in europe is cheaper by air than by train most of the time now.

I think each person has their own personal favourite places in europe. Hard to say which is nice - it also depends what you want to see and how long you have.

Since you leave from london, i would suggest you stick to few neighbouring countries routes unless you want to fly here and there to some special cities you would like to see.

england, France, Spain, belgium, germany, austria, switzerland are in the area - depending how you travel.

Never been to france yet so can't say any firsthand experience about it.

In short, south europe (spain, greece, italy) is much cheaper that north europe for room and to eat out.

There is this special ticket that you can take any train you like within EU even ocal once for one flat rate and the price depends on the duration of the ticket. But I am not sure if this is only available in the summer.

For cheap travel by air try transavia.com or easyjet.com. they are like air asia so also book early for cheap tickets. Also you are better off looking for B&B. Often the cheaper hotels are small, cramp and dirty. You get better deals from B&B. April month is peak during the easter time so if you avoid that period, rooms everywhere are cheaper and easier to get too.

if you need more info, you can mail me at jea2nie@hotmail.com

I'm also a Dec bride. My AD is on 4 Dec but we hv no plans to go honeymoon right after our wedding..thinking of going next April or May.

Hi Sharonpious, i went backpacking Europe last time for 3 weeks and all i can say is Europe's the BEST...esp Venice, Rome, Amsterdam, Paris and my fave of all places, BARCELONA...i'm dreaming to go back now..

We took Eurostar from london last time. all you do is purchase a eurostar pass (last time student price was abt USD250 if not wrong, normal adult pass maybe is USD300+) and you travel by train to all the europe cities (exclude some cities, but could not remember which already).You can travel as many times to all these cities as you wish provided yr pass is still valid.

But you have to go Paris train station to take the eurostar train. So from London to Paris, you can hop on the fast train via the Chunnel. (separate train fare) It's fun and very exciting and you'll get to know a lot of ppl all over the world. If possible, pls go Europe during summer, june to sept..you see a lot of tourists/backpackers around..feel 100% like vacationing and leave all yr worries behind to enjoy every single moment there...

As for my honeymoon, thinking to go NZ...coz my friend said it's very nice..but im still unsure abt it...im looking for scenery/beach/happening night spots. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Hi Sharonpious,

Hey, i fully agreeable wif yr best fren..Gaudi's architectures are simply amazing..don't know how he did it at that era..it's really superb. Sagrada and Casa Batllo are our fave.

You do have to do some planning before you go, because Europe is very big and you surely want to maximise yr stay by travelling smart.

FRom Paris, we headed to Amsterdam; Lucerne & Mt. Titlis (Switzerland); Milan (sorry lah but there's no fashion show during summer); Rome; Vatican city; Venice; Monte Carlo (Monaco); Barcelona, then back to Paris again (one loop).

What's fun abt backpacking is we hv flexible time on our own, when we feel that a particular city is exciting and there are more things to see, we'd stayed for another day. We look for information centre at every train stops to gather info on accomodation and get a local map.

we commute either by foot or using local transportation. Don't worry abt language barrier, you'll get by fine because there are some ppl who can understand a bit of what we trying to say. Worse case, we use body language..hehe

Greece is out of our 'loop'..because it'll take up more time to travel there and continue to our destinations mentioned earlier. So right now, Greece, Praque, Turkey (hmm, i think they are called eastern europe, if not wrong lah) will be our next destination.

i hope you will have a clear picture now..anything else, feel free to ask !

Hi Sharonpious,

We went to Italy (rome, florence, venice ) and Santorini, Greece for honeymoon... would like to recommend couple to go Santorini as we really enjoyed our time there.... it was a such a beautiful island with white-washed building and blue2 sea....

share with you on the pics taken

post-12-1161323477.jpg

He just ditched the thought of going to Maldives - he did some calculation and said not worth it .... two people oredi cost RM7K only for 3 days...

I think your hb made a wise decision to ditch the Maldives idea ;)

I went there with hb for our "pre-honeymoon" honeymoon, hee hee :P

Not really considered a honeymoon coz it wasn't paid by us, my hb was flying there on duty so I just tagged along with free ticket :P

Unless you're an outdoor, sun & beach person, you won't really like the place. Besides the sun, sand and sea, there is practically NOTHING at all to do! The concept of place is practically asking you to "connect with the nature" *major yawn* <_<

Everything there is expensive, all in US dollar, not really worth to go unless for beach junkies and die hard snorkelling/diving fans.

Hi! Gals,

I hv just bek from Europe (Paris,switzerland,germany,holland,belgium & london) for my Honeymoon trips... we hv follow the tour... really tired..... but enjoy also... the place that we mostly like is switzerland & amsterdam (holland) ... its really a nice view...

If anybody interested my honeymoon picture can email me ya!

Regards,

Annie

(xin_yue)