Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chrisandben

How much will you spend on maternity wear?

Maternity wear  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Chrisandben

Hello!

Wonder how much will you spend on maternity wear during your pregnancy? Is it hard to find nice and comfortable yet fashionable maternity wear in the market now? Please share all mothers and mother-to-be.

Have a happy pregnancy!

hihi...

really expensive nowadays for maternity wear....

i've bought one 1/4 pants cost me RM100 and top RM 89.90... argh.... somemore is the cheapest in the shop...

now i wont buy anymore, just bought the normal extral big size shirt or pants...

to me, not worth to pay so much on tat... :lol:

cheers

Chris,

You plan to venture into maternity wear biz? :biggrin:

Hello!

Wonder how much will you spend on maternity wear during your pregnancy? Is it hard to find nice and comfortable yet fashionable maternity wear in the market now? Please share all mothers and mother-to-be.

Have a happy pregnancy!

chris...... nowadays really mahal for all the maternity clothing..even js a shirt oredy cost 100plus.. so u see if buy a few then is how much oredy...

i think if u planning to have more kids then can invest in those maternity clothing as u can wear again next time when u get pregnant..

if u go to jaya jusco..can get some lower price maternity clothing... i went to pavillion,the 9months maternity shop is selling some nice clothing too...but also rm 100plus up la..

so wat do u think chris?planning?heheh

Honestly, I won't spend so much on maternity wear. I will buy the cheapest but of course not so stylish. Just simple and comfy will do. Unless you plan for having a few children, then it's worthy to buy good, comfy and fashionable maternity wear. So that you can wear again for your next pregnancy...haha...

Well for me, my decision is to have one child only due to many reasons, so when I found out that I was pregnant, I just asked my sister to pass over her maternity wear for me. My friends and colleagues who have enough children asked me whether I mind to have theirs or not....so I sapu all....hahaha....well all still in very good condition....Haha...I think I am the wierd and stingy one...

emmm i didn't spend much on maternity wear as well. so far up till now @ 6th month pregnant i onli spent on 4 maternity pants. emmm cant remember whether it was rm 300 plus or rm 400 plus from V mom. as for top and dresses, i didn't get the maternity type from those maternity shops coz i dun like the designs and partly because i can still fit into my dresses and other loose top (like barbie doll kind of designs). if i were to buy new clothings nowadays, i will go for those type that i can wear even after pregnancy :biggrin: and i still try to buy size S hehe.

Guest Chrisandben

Yes CY I am planning on maternity wear business which provide rental service.

Chelvin will plan for one soon also... hehehe ;) but takut no nice and fashionable clothes to wear during pregnancy. hahaha

Yes CY I am planning on maternity wear business which provide rental service.

Chelvin will plan for one soon also... hehehe ;) but takut no nice and fashionable clothes to wear during pregnancy. hahaha

>>chris..don worry la..if u buy in a shop u can get nice n fahionable one...but of coz have to pay for it la...GO FOR IT CHRIS...HGOR JI CI LEI...hehehe

I'm the only who voted >1k.. mm.. i thought usually others spend a lot on maternity clothes as well. I'm tall, so i can't fit in those barbie doll dress (with my bump growing, the dress becomes very short) I can still wear it but have to wear with legging lor. I didn't buy too many, cause all of them are very costly still end up exceeds 1k. Maternity clothes are much more comfy compare to normal clothes. Since i'm working so i have to buy formal wear and casual wear. 1k sounds like a lot of clothes, isn't it? But if it is for maternity clothes, NO... I always repeat to wear the same clothes to work every week.

hi.. i wont spent too much on the maternity wear.

at 1st and 2nd trimester, i just bought those Seed or Padini fashionable loose t-shirt. i think around 6 pcs only and cost me less than rm30 each. Then i bought 1 short jeans and 1 matenity blouse at modermmom, but wt 50% off. And i bought the maternity pants at Pemborong at rm18 per piece. I grab 4 pieces as pemborong ll only sell to u if u buy 1 set of colours.

During CNY festival, i spent rm200 in V-mom to buy a dress, a blouse and 1 cardigen.

At last trimester, those shirts i can wear anymore. Then i found 2 blouse wt offer at MNG, rm30 each. And bought another 3 Miki maternity blouse at jusco wt 70% off. Around rm17 each.

So i would said that i spent less than rm700 for all my matenity wear. And i try to nuy those shirt that i still can wear after deliver. To save cost.

hi.. i wont spent too much on the maternity wear.

at 1st and 2nd trimester, i just bought those Seed or Padini fashionable loose t-shirt. i think around 6 pcs only and cost me less than rm30 each. Then i bought 1 short jeans and 1 matenity blouse at modermmom, but wt 50% off. And i bought the maternity pants at Pemborong at rm18 per piece. I grab 4 pieces as pemborong ll only sell to u if u buy 1 set of colours.

During CNY festival, i spent rm200 in V-mom to buy a dress, a blouse and 1 cardigen.

At last trimester, those shirts i can wear anymore. Then i found 2 blouse wt offer at MNG, rm30 each. And bought another 3 Miki maternity blouse at jusco wt 70% off. Around rm17 each.

So i would said that i spent less than rm700 for all my matenity wear. And i try to nuy those shirt that i still can wear after deliver. To save cost.

wah beibei,

can share with us where is the Pemborong for maternity pants?

I'm the only who voted >1k.. mm.. i thought usually others spend a lot on maternity clothes as well. I'm tall, so i can't fit in those barbie doll dress (with my bump growing, the dress becomes very short) I can still wear it but have to wear with legging lor. I didn't buy too many, cause all of them are very costly still end up exceeds 1k. Maternity clothes are much more comfy compare to normal clothes. Since i'm working so i have to buy formal wear and casual wear. 1k sounds like a lot of clothes, isn't it? But if it is for maternity clothes, NO... I always repeat to wear the same clothes to work every week.

yvonne.. you mean >1K in total or 1k per piece?

bunnyNwife,

oops, sorry my fault of didn't see properly. No, it is the total of the maternity i've spent. If for one piece of course is below RM100 and RM100+

bunnyNwife,

oops, sorry my fault of didn't see properly. No, it is the total of the maternity i've spent. If for one piece of course is below RM100 and RM100+

phew... anyway I also spent over 1k in maternity wear in total. That's quite norm since everything is damn expensive nowadays.

ya.. so heart pain. But all my maternity wear can last since 3rd mths till the end of the pregnancy. Furthermore, can wear for 2nd or 3rd pregnancy also ma.. thinking of this quite worth it lor.

wah beibei,

can share with us where is the Pemborong for maternity pants?

june,

the pemborong is at 'ho ching yuen', Jln Kenanga, KL.

1/2 of my so-called maternity wear are not really maternity wear la so I can still pakai those baju after give birth la. As for 2nd or 3rd pregnancy.. I dare not think so far lor.

I agree maternity clothing is damn expensive!

I wouldn't spend so much on maternity clothing too. Normally I bought top and pants so that I could mix and match. They are my daily wear when goin out.

Also bought some dress ( not from maternity shop) just normal dress but in L / XL size :D So that I can wear them after delivery.

I've bought 2 yoga pants as my maternity pants at RM29.90 as work wear, both black in color. I bought 3 sets of dress from Jusco J Card Day at 80%, about RM20 each. I do shopping at Times Square RM10/Sg Wang RM15/25 shop to buy my regular babydoll dress and wearing my old leggings. Thats all I gonna pay for Maternity Wear. I buy only those that I'll wear after delivery, dont want to waste money for maternity wear.

I just bought a pair of jeans plus 3 tops at Jusco, costed me RM120. Normally will buy the dirt cheap or on discounted price. If not, I prefer looking for XL size tops.

Nowadays, shops are charging so crazily just becoz it's labelled as Maternity Wear. Dun want to fall into that trap. :D

Hah! I guessed I am lucky enough that my tummy is not that big, so i can still buy & wear those normal empire style dresses (preferable with pleats so the dress flows nicely over tummy). Since it's free size, I hope I'll be able to wear it post pregnancy!

Bought all my maternity pants (those with pouches) from Giant and Jaya Jusco and it's so comfortable! Though not that stylish, but paired with nice tops, you can look pretty too! For the tops, I just jalan jalan and see any design that I like.... especially those with pleats so can also wear after give birth. Most important is it's comfortable, and as long fit, with nice design and cheap.

Lesson learned to share with other mommies to be here : As first time mother, i never knew my waist & bust line will expand that wide.. so i keep buying bras & panties coz tummy keep getting bigger! And I stupid buy those from Triumphs and Wacoal la. Expensive la. One day, my new bra just couldn't support me anymore after 1 month (even after I bought the extensions). Feeling fed-up, I decided to buy those cheap panties and sports bra. I checked out Scarlet (in house brand from JJ) and bought 4 for RM10 hikini panties and 2 sports bra to try on. Wah.... I never feel so comfortable! Best it's also cheap! I won't feel bad if i stained my panties anymore coz I plan to wear that during delivery recovery. Almost same price with Guardian disposable cloth panties somemore!

So far, I can say that I roughly spend about RM700 on maternity wear (baju, pants, dresses, bras and panties)....

Next quest - buy nursing clothes!