panda1020

BUYING GOWNS THROUGH INTERNET

Would you buy/ MTM your gowns through internet?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to share with you my EMS delivery tracking details: (Please note Labour Day and weekend)

2009-04-30 15:23:00 Shanghai Qingpu branch. RECEIVED.

2009-05-01 03:13:09 Shanghai Parcel processing centre. Received from Qingpu branch.

2009-05-01 03:51:14 Delivered from Shanghai processing centre to KL.

2009-05-05 18:25:00 KL Processing Centre. Received from Shanghai, China

2009-05-05 18:56:00 KL CUSTOM

2009-05-05 19:22:00 Released from Custom

2009-05-06 19:03:00 Customer received and signed

mia mia~yea ..counting down together here..:)

Ling~ Yup..maybe will go somewhere near after my exam... bangkok is one of them..:P

cluelessbride,

I sent the pics and details to you week ago. Have you received it?

hi panda! can i get the photo as well? pls send it to pink.memoriez@gmail.com

thanks alot!

n guys! which shop did u guys buy from taobao? cause from what i understand, there are a lot of sellers there.just wondering which ones are the one that are reliable and provide good quality gown! my brother is getting married at the end of the year! =D gona help my sis-in-law to shop around for abit.n maybe shop for my dress there too!

hi panda! can i get the photo as well? pls send it to pink.memoriez@gmail.com

thanks alot!

n guys! which shop did u guys buy from taobao? cause from what i understand, there are a lot of sellers there.just wondering which ones are the one that are reliable and provide good quality gown! my brother is getting married at the end of the year! =D gona help my sis-in-law to shop around for abit.n maybe shop for my dress there too!

Hi estella,

ok..will send you the pics and address...

i would say i m quite satisfied with my seller so far. however everyone has different budget and requirements..try make up ur mind on some criteria ie gown design before searching for seller .. :)

Yes

I bought evening gown through online, but I not recommend to do so.

Experience tell me, try fitting the dress/gown before purchase it!

U will notice the colour & dimension are not as u see through by "photo"

i bought one in TB too, and it is quite nice..

When i was looking for my wedding gown, I've searched many taobao shops, maybe can share some learnings here, hope it helps:

1. If the shops are in Suzhou, you may find some difficulties when communicating with them. They are not so good at serving overseas consumers. Poor Eng. & communication skills..if the shops are in Shanghai, far more better...but it depends.

2. If you have relatives in China who can help you pay online(through zhifubao, the paying system of Taobao).otherwise, need to remit the payment via western union or TT the payment. I asked my Shanghai office colleague to help me pay.

3. I have concerns on the low price wedding gown in Taobao, though the pics are good, the quality maybe poor...but just my own opinion. You need to set your budget first, and then better to overview the whole shop's style/quality/service skills....

Also, you need to have a clear mind on which styles suit you most...because you maybe lost in the tons of wedding gown styles when searching online...but you need to choose the one that suits you most, rather than a gown most beautiful.

I bought one in Taobao, it is quite nice if your wedding is held in openair....I enjoy it so much, it gave me a very perfect wedding....

DSC_0147.jpg

i agree with KChan.

usually the colour of actual product is darker than in photos. others will be pale orange turn pink in photos, grey turn blue in photos, purple turn blue in photos..(unless they have very good skills)

black and white is more "safe"...so far i have only bought black and white...:)

Updates!!!!

I got my parcel la!! so happy!! :wub:

It's heavy, 4.8kg including gown, petticoat, 2 gloves( 1 satin, 1 lace), 2 cover bags for gown and veil.

(i only realise that the seller gave me another pair of lace gloves and one more cover bag for free..)

haha~ will try to take some photos later..

PANDA,

I VISITED..TAO BAO WEB SITE.... .. AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ORDER.... MAY I KNOW HOW TO ORDER...

HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT...

candycat,

yea..at one glance i know it's Vera Gown shop by rainstreet_11, cos your design is unique and so far i only seen this design in that shop. (somemore i haved shortlisted this seller) :p :lol:

hi, panda

You already knew which shop i chose?

anyway,,,that is the hottest one.

Asa,

I used Paypal. (Some seller dont use that often cos they will be charged by paypal at 20USD, thus will transfer the cost to customer)

Some members here use TT, western union, some ask friends/relatives in china to help and some used middleperson to buy.

personally i think middleperson is a good alternative. (i might use it for bulk purchase in future)

If you ask middleperson to buy, it's better to inform seller bout your requirements and post your order as new item ie"XXX's order" for your middleperson to bid.

Have you communicated with seller? Can ask them what payment method they use and choose the one save most and convenient to u.

Updates!!!!

I got my parcel la!! so happy!! :wub:

It's heavy, 4.8kg including gown, petticoat, 2 gloves( 1 satin, 1 lace), 2 cover bags for gown and veil.

(i only realise that the seller gave me another pair of lace gloves and one more cover bag for free..)

haha~ will try to take some photos later..

PANDA,

I VISITED..TAO BAO WEB SITE.... .. AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ORDER.... MAY I KNOW HOW TO ORDER...

HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT...

I'm also interested. Am doing my research now.

I found 2 shops online and tot their dresses look really nice as I asked to see their actual gowns.

Am so tempted! Am quite impressed. But unsure at the same time.

Has anyone bought from others like alibaba?

These are their actual samples

W0090.jpg

W0100.jpg

SL740312.jpg

if not mistaken, the gowns are from Zhongshan sunfinery fashionable dress plant --http://long-yi.en.alibaba.com/

:cool:

yes! Wow, Panda you must have done quite a lot of research! Have u contacted them before? Their gowns look nice. I personally like the 1st one. Its looks like one one those gowns from Pronovias. Cannot afford a pronovias one, so may settle for this one. :)

BTW, could I have the links of the sites that you got your gowns from? Would like to take a look and compare as well :)

hi everyone...i also planning to buy my WG online at Taobao and i found some gown i love it so much just dunno the seller can be trusted or not...can anyone help me?? thanks

belle,

i 've never contacted Sunfinery before..yes ..their gowns look elegant, maybe can try

mysc,

always ask for actual product, if their actual product pictures are all very different, dont consider that shop.

keep the pics of the design and search somewhere else. good luck! :)

DEAR ALL,

FOR MY CASE, I ALSO GET MY GOWN FROM CHINA/ONLINE.

BUT I A BIT LUCKY BCOS MY FRIEND ARE STAYING THERE, SHE HELP ME TO CHECK OUT THE QUALITY,

BUT WAT THE TRUE IS IT REALLY CHEAP(COMPARING WHICH OTHER). BUT I WILLING TO MAKE THAT DECISION TO GET ONLINE IS BCOS I BELIEVE EVERY COUNTRY ALSO SAME, AT 1ST, V HAVE TO SET OUR OWN BUDGET, THEN SEARCH ONLINE. I HAD BEEN SEARCH 4 OTHER COUNTRY WEB ALSO, BUT I CAN GET MY DREAM GOWN, I KNOW WAT I WANT, I LOOKING 4 SOME LOOK SIMPLE GOWN. AFTER SEARCH 4 SOME MOMENT, MY FRIEND ASK ME TO SEARCH FROM "TAOBAO" IS AN CHINA WEDSITE, THERE HAVE A LOT OF GOWN THERE. FINALLY I GOT IT, THEN I START WORRY THE QUALITY WITH THE PRICE IS SO CHEAP. THEN I TRY TO SHARE WHICH THE SHOP OWNER, SHE TOLD ME TAT PRICE IS BCOS SHE IS RUNNING SOME NEW OPENING PROMOTION. SHE TOLD ME SAME QUALITY GOWN LIKE I CHOOSE NORMALLY WILL COST 800 HUNDRED AND ABOVE(AROUND RM 450 AND ABOVE), HAVE TO PLUS DELIVERY FEES ALSO. AFTER CHAT WF D OWNER, THEN I START TO DISCUSS WF MY FRIEND, SHE TOLD ME ACTUALLY CHINA HAVE ONE THING THAT REALLY VERY LOW COMPARE WHICH OTHER COUNTRY, IS CALL LABOUR COST(SINCE THEIR MARKET WAS SO BIG,SO THAT THEY HAVE TO FACE IT)THAT Y IS CHARGE MORE CHEAP COMPARE WF OTHER COUNTRY. SOME MORE, AFTER SEARCH FROM THAT WEB, I NOTICE TAT,SOME OF THE WESTERN WEB OR LOCAL WEB ALSO SELLING SAME GOWN WHICH IS FROM CHINA ALSO. BUT THE PRICE REALLY ALREADY MARK UP A BIT LOR. SOME MORE, I ASK THE OWNER DELIVERY THE GOWN TO MY FRIEND 1ST, LET MY FRIEND TO CHECK THE QUALITY 4 ME 1ST, IS REALLY NOT SO NICE OR HAVE ANY PROBLE STILL CAN RETURN TO D OWNER THERE, THAT IS QUITE REASONABLE, THEY WILL REFUND TO U.

THEIR SERVICE ALSO VERY GOOD, WHEN U HAVE ANY PROBLEM OR QUESTION, THEY WILL HELP U TO SETTLE IT. FOR ME I CHOOSE TO GET FROM THEM, AND I WILL GET MY GOWN NEXT EARLY MONTH, ACCORDING TO MY FRIEND,SHE SAID EVERYTHING R GOOD N LOOK NICE. I WILL COMFIRM AGAIN WHEN I GET IT, AT LEAST WILL PROVE THAT CHINA NOW ALSO HAVE THIER QUALITY OR MAY B NOT.

HAHAHAHA, LET'S SHARE

HAVE A NICE DAY!

can u pm me details?as i also want to buy tru online.

T.Q

alice81,

yeah! i also got my MTM from TaoBao shop. Mind to share which store is it?

What payment method you used?

You are right, China has low labour cost--embroidery, hand-sewing sequins,beadings for gowns,all this require good hand and they have workers at a large amount. Another thing that causes the low price is because they dont have to pay for designer fees--pattern, copyright..etc and they are good A-product maker. They make their gowns according to latest designer collection. So their gown is kinda up-to date.

p/s the Express mail service takes bout 3 days to reach Malaysia. If your friend is using EMS, i think you will be receiving it shortly :lol:

I want to buy gown from TaoBao net too, but seems like they only accept CHINA banks in their country, but I'm in Australia....how can I buy from tha website then??? Please tell me how...thanks!

hi,

i bought wedding dresses on China`s taobao before.the seller made clothes according my sizes.the dresses fit me very well.although i kept waiting for a few days because of tailor-made.The prices i thought on taobao was reasonble.but it is really inconvenient for foreigh friends to buy from there.coz there is only chinese version.so i bought via a taobao buying agent www taobaobuying com

fortunately,i got my favourtie dresses and satisfied with the shopping service they offered :)

alice81,

yeah! i also got my MTM from TaoBao shop. Mind to share which store is it?

What payment method you used?

You are right, China has low labour cost--embroidery, hand-sewing sequins,beadings for gowns,all this require good hand and they have workers at a large amount. Another thing that causes the low price is because they dont have to pay for designer fees--pattern, copyright..etc and they are good A-product maker. They make their gowns according to latest designer collection. So their gown is kinda up-to date.

p/s the Express mail service takes bout 3 days to reach Malaysia. If your friend is using EMS, i think you will be receiving it shortly :lol:

I want to buy gown from TaoBao net too, but seems like they only accept CHINA banks in their country, but I'm in Australia....how can I buy from tha website then??? Please tell me how...thanks!

hi,

i bought wedding dresses on China`s taobao before.the seller made clothes according my sizes.the dresses fit me very well.although i kept waiting for a few days because of tailor-made.The prices i thought on taobao was reasonble.but it is really inconvenient for foreigh friends to buy from there.coz there is only chinese version.so i bought via a taobao buying agent www taobaobuying com

fortunately,i got my favourtie dresses and satisfied with the shopping service they offered :)

hi, can u share the webpage that u buy gown to me?

hihi, i bought this over the internet - taobao......

honestly, it can be used for photoshoot but not for the ceremony........

5416_119035149891_697724891_2393568_5154

Just to share with you my EMS delivery tracking details: (Please note Labour Day and weekend)

2009-04-30 15:23:00 Shanghai Qingpu branch. RECEIVED.

2009-05-01 03:13:09 Shanghai Parcel processing centre. Received from Qingpu branch.

2009-05-01 03:51:14 Delivered from Shanghai processing centre to KL.

2009-05-05 18:25:00 KL Processing Centre. Received from Shanghai, China

2009-05-05 18:56:00 KL CUSTOM

2009-05-05 19:22:00 Released from Custom

2009-05-06 19:03:00 Customer received and signed

mia mia~yea ..counting down together here..:)

Ling~ Yup..maybe will go somewhere near after my exam... bangkok is one of them..:P

cluelessbride,

I sent the pics and details to you week ago. Have you received it?

Dear Panda

I actually had a bad experience buying gown online.

Can you post your gown picture again here plz? cant view those past picturesss...

How do you find out those fabric prices? Just wondering.

panda,

wow!! you got your parcel??

I'm sure you are very excited when you see the parcel :wub:

Yes, your gown has princess feel that's why I like it but because I'm only 150cm not tall and fat! =( thus this design is not suitable for me, better go for an A-line gown, safer =P ehhehehehe

yeah! another round of PS with your beautiful gown, go for it =)

dear panda,

thanks for the pictures!

i just found out that taobao is actually a chinese site. no wonder I never get to this site before.

i don't surf by chinese character and not good in chinese.. :dash2:

the site that i bought my dress is

www.lightinthebox.com

girls out there, do not make the same mistake like me ok!

perhaps do a good survey like Panda did before taking any action :cool: