Sign in to follow this  
lawrence

How To Stay Young

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out non essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain be idle! "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breath we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day....

Source: from an bulletin somewhere, but thought it is worthwhile to share. Thanks for reading.

lawrence,

Thanks for sharing! I gotta share this with everyone in my life! Especially my dad who keeps telling me he's OLD, pls lah, he's only 56! I wish I could send him to university!! :D

Fusionista,

Sure thing. Glad to share this. Me also need to put some into practice as well. The years pass by so fast. Seems like time is just racing through for me. :(

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain be idle! "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

Alzheimer's. I'm curious with this word, so try to find out what is the meaning.

What Is Alzheimer’s Disease?

Alzheimer’s (AHLZ-high-merz) disease is a progressive brain disorder that gradually destroys a person’s memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities. As Alzheimer’s progresses, individuals may also experience changes in personality and behavior, such as anxiety, suspiciousness or agitation, as well as delusions or hallucinations.

Although there is currently no cure for Alzheimer’s, new treatments are on the horizon as a result of accelerating insight into the biology of the disease. Research has also shown that effective care and support can improve quality of life for individuals and their caregivers over the course of the disease from diagnosis to the end of life.

So make use of what you have and what you can do now. I still remember a dialogue in a movie "We are learning everyday". Happy Learning. :)