janicelly

You bought those medela milk collection shells? does it leak? i was tempted to get them, but found it rather expensive. I leak alot too :P Hehe, i'm getting more thick skinned too.

it wont leak as long as you are upright. yesterday i forgot to take it off before i feed my girl in the lying position & it leaked :P . i think avent also have but i dont know the price.

I experienced the pain too. sometimes it can be unbearable. I'd describe my pain as throbbing. Doc said sometimes bf can trigger the connecting nerves, so we'll feel sensation, which differs in mothers. If you feel lumps, best method is actually for baby to suck, not use the pump. but if baby's not helping, esp when you already feel sore, i tried another method 2 weeks ago which worked for me. use hot shower to trickle down to your breasts continuously to provide hot compression to the affected area and massage the area gently. Use cap tangan to express the milk. you will feel better if you empty the breast too. you can always produce and store milk again later. using pump to unblock the ducts didn't work for me coz it was caused by sore/cracked nipples. If it's really painful, pop in panadol or ponstan. From what i understand, it does not affect baby or your milk supply.

Mastitis is painful. high fever accompanied by really bad body ache. I went to my family doc who wanted to put me on the IV drip to hasten the antibiotics, but was stopped by my gynae who made me go on a long course of second line antibiotics. So i guess any doctor will do, just that probably the gynae would have seen more of such cases. But beware though, if you suspect u might have mastitis and self help remedies like the above does not help, gotta quickly go see ur doc before the abscess starts to form.

thanks for the tips!

ermm... it's getting a bit off track isn't it? But it's nice to find someone who is on the same journey :) I wanted to join a breast feeding forum my friend recommended me but they are closed to new members.

yes, it's comforting to find someone on the same journey. i think you are referring to mymomsbest? i was "lurking" there quite often but unable to join also

bumblebee, i am oredi a housewife since one year ago. hehe.. :)

juz now i went to a bb shop to survey some stuffs. the sales person there told me they got alot of complain on the avent's bottles recently regarding the quality is not as good as before. the milk bottles used only 2 months got problem. and she recommend the brand 'puku petit' to me.. she says the brand is better than avent. oredi been selling this brand 6 years and no problem. anyone of u heard this brand before?? it is from taiwan. and the products very cute as well.

babyjazz80

if u r a SAHM, then plan to FT BF ur bb, u might need the pump as well...cuz sometime the breast engorge but bb is sleeping..then u can pump it out...

bumblebee & janicelly

the BM leak is not too bad for me...dont need to get the shell (avent's shell is rm200+), a pad will do, as for the pain..its not bcus of cracked nipple, i guess its bcus the otherside of the breast is 'producing' BM at the same time , tat's why i will feel the pain...

hehe.. how many SAHM here ??

so far i know is VIV, CHOOZ.. then somemore who ??

u all using what brand of milk bottles ?? can share share which one is good or not ??

me me me!! also SAHM for exactly a year today!! Am using Avent bottles now but soon going to use more of plates n spoons than bottles..

Stay At Home Mother/Mummy/Mom :P SAHM

o...now i know...then i cannot join the SAHM group de...as i'm working mother.... :lol: may be next 2 years when i'm going to have my 2nd bibi.... :P

So...go back to the pump...anyone has any comment between Avent Duo and Medela PIS....? Pls advice...

Your breasts will be as hard as a rock and can be quite painful. Sometimes if you put some pressure on your breast slightly, your BM will squirt out! Well for me la.

babyjazz80, planning to exclusive breastfeed baby for long? If not, don't invest too much in a breastpump. You can always manually pump out the milk. If you are determine to exclusive breastfeeding for as long as possible, then yes, worth invest in a very good pump. But Medela brand is more noisier compare to Avent.

yup, viv is right. if plan to breastfeed long term, worth to invest.

i now feel like banging my head on the wall cos i regret didnt buy double pump *sigh* but then budget tight also la.

Meaning to say buying double pump better? :huh:

I think i'll buy the Avent pump cos' i don wan to make it difficult for me to transfer milk from others bottle to Avent bottle. :)

I think i'll buy the Avent pump cos' i don wan to make it difficult for me to transfer milk from others bottle to Avent bottle. :)

i am a working mom, so using single pump i gotta use longer time to express my milk. if use double pump will be faster.

as for transferring, unless you are going to buy a lot of bottles (bcos you need to stock up before you go back to work - IF you are planning to breastfeed long term la). personally, i am pumping & transferring lo. if got extra, i will freeze. depend on your needs :).

i am a working mom, so using single pump i gotta use longer time to express my milk. if use double pump will be faster.

as for transferring, unless you are going to buy a lot of bottles (bcos you need to stock up before you go back to work - IF you are planning to breastfeed long term la). personally, i am pumping & transferring lo. if got extra, i will freeze. depend on your needs :) .

Which breast pump u using? I'm planning at least half year for BF as BM is most important for bibi ma.... :P

Normally how many bottles or Milk storage packs we need? Depend on individual izit? :unsure:

i wish to breastfeed as long as possible provided got milk lar.. if no milk oso can't do anything right ??

i got a collegue breastfeeding for 2 years... wow, her body super sexy and super cantik.

Which breast pump u using? I'm planning at least half year for BF as BM is most important for bibi ma.... :P

Normally how many bottles or Milk storage packs we need? Depend on individual izit? :unsure:

i am using medela mini electric single pump.

as for how many bottles/storage packs, depend on how much milk you have lo but you get ready at least 3-4 1st. you work from there lo.

my sis just gave birth two months ago. she is using Avent breast pump. she did survey from other mothers before that. even the operator who don't earn much said she bought avent cause it's good. most breast pump only pull the nipple to get BM, so it will get quite long after sometime :lol: but avent will pull the whole section of the breast, thus better in terms of breast shape.

as for keeping the milk in the bottle after pumping, there's not really possible unless you have say 10 bottles or more. my sis has been pumping every three hours. if not she will feel so heavy and might even ooze out a bit by itself. she transfer them to containers after pumping. each times 5-7 ounces. so far i saw in the fridge, the containers are taking up almost half the frozen area. baby is only taking 3-4 ounces every 3 hours.