Sign in to follow this  
MummyOfTwo

How to avoid being conned by beauty salon

Last month I received a complementary treatment voucher from Maybank as a cardholdler. It says I was invited to a 5-star luxury RF-rejuvenation treatment (worth RM480) in Body Perfect. So I made an appointment, I tot it was a facial session. Upon consultation, the CON-sultant analyzed my skin, and said I have dry skin, thus recommended me to take up their facial at RM230!!!. I told her I do not want, I only wan to enjoy the free RF-rejuvenation treatment. She said, due to ur skin condition we will not allow it. As I was thinking, since I had my last facial in December, I decided to give it a try. It took me 2.5 hours for the entire session. I must say, YES, it is definitely very very good. My skin is indeed brighter. As you can expect, after the facial session, they started commenting on my skin and started bringing me their products, a bottle of 400ml toner is for RM200++, a 200ml facial for RM185. It was indeed expensive. Then .. as usual, they started to recommend you to sign up for their package. Their trick? They will say something which with the line that begins like this "If you sign today on the spot ...." Arrgh. I've heard that many many times.

My point of this post is - to create the awareness for those of you who usually get conned by the beauty salon. All of us ladies will be easily influenced by the products, the promotion, the results and etc. But I noted many will regret upon exiting the salon. I am a very self-discplined person. When my mind says no, it means no. No matter how much they push me into signing their program, I will just tell them, "Let me consider bout this and I will get back to you if I wan it". Just say "Bye and thank you for your FREE treatment". Walk out from the SALON and you will INSTANTLY wakeup. You will be thankful "Luckily I did not fall into their SCAM".

I've personally sign up for a slimming session, 60 sessions RM1299. Ok my personal comment is, you will need to have strict diet and attend the salon everyday to achieve visible results. How many of us will have time everyday to attend? If we can have time, we would have sign up for GYM instead of these Slimming Centers, am I right.

9 out of 10 person who sign all these packages, you won't even have time to finish ur entire package, that's when you start to feel "wasted", "regretted" and so on. I have friend who signed up M.France Bodyline for RM5K, yet they are still the same, no result. Slimming Center weight loss is not actual weight loss, they measure u by your water. I went in, eg : 50kg, came out, 49.5kg, and they told me I loss bout 0.5kg. Nx round I went again, my weight is back to 50kg. Why? Coz it's all water loss, they put u into hot blanket machine that extract your sweats out for 40mins. Then when you gain back to 50kg the nx time you go, they blame you for not having self control and so on.

All I can say is, think twice before you really sign up for slimming packages. Those pictures and models they use for advertising can be very deceiving. They only use nice and tall models, try to ask them proove it to you using a FAT model, see what they? So the next round you're in such situation asked to force to sign up, tell them, I ll think bout it and come back to you if I want it. Walk off, take a deep breath .. and be GLAD - that you've skipped the SCAM!! Good luck!

i think yes, they can slim down...

but is not 5K package.. it's 5 digit figure...

with a diet plan + excercise routine.

I'm really discplined when it comes to these sort of things. I will not give in to them no matter how attactive the promotion is or no matter how much they push their products. No means no. I dont believe in throwing that amount of money on slimming and beauty, no way!

I signed up with slimming center before..

each time i visit them... they sure will keep on asking me to buy their products.

When I said NO, and they will keep on talking. Still I said NO, then they will ask another person with more experience

and talk again... sigh... and keep on encourage us to sign Credit card..

I know what you guys mean. I went to a famous fitness centre once quite some years back.....forgot how I got a 2 week free membership thing....I took half day leave to go and claim my free membership.....was thinking why not....if good then I will sign up. When I reached.....they were very nice....taking my measurements and all....asking a lot of questions....and them recommending me to sign up with them. When I said I wanted to try out for free for 2 weeks first as entitled....the guy said if I don't have the discipline to come then no point taking the 2 weeks coz I won't go either (I gave excuse that I stay in PJ and their centre was in KL....so need to think about the logistics). The guy refused to give me my 2 weeks free membership....I was so mad and stormed out. To think that I took half day off and even actually considered signing up after 2 weeks! Sheesh....

Just got my Lady's Credit Card....got cheated again....the salesman told me that the RM50 government tax will be given as rebate if I use it 5 times with min. amount RM80 within 60 days.......I asked if I miss the 60 days then how.....he said they will calculate from the next 60 days...and I can do this every year to redeem RM50 for the government tax. When I called the call centre this morning....the girl said the 60 days is fixed and there is no other 60 days like the guy told me....also it's only for the first year as a promo for first time customers!!! Sheesh....no choice....RM50 already charged....will swipe the 5 times and cancel th stupid card.....BEWARE everyone!!!

Oh yeah....of course the Lady's card came with lots of 'goodies'.....facials, slimming sessions, mani & pedi.....then again like Cas I am very disciplined and will not get sucked into their sweet talk...

Herm ... good to hear that most of us nowdays are more aware. Let's work together to spread this awareness to let the ladies out there not to fall into all these marketing techniques. This is how the rich (the business people) usually gets richer and the poor (like us) gets poorer. Due to lack of awareness, money kept pumped in to their business!!! If it works, then Ok la, but not working. No results!

Dont la like tat

They wanna bring sales to company also :lol: (upsales ma)

If u all didnt buy, the will :sauer2: by their superior

For me, i also will do the same :whistling:

let me consider first :cheers:

These are just some of the tricks of the business owners especially if they see that they are beginning to get loss. What you are paying sometimes is not the full service, but the models and endorsers they have. We have to be aware of these tricks of salon. You will get trapped if you don't control yourself indulging in such luxury.