Hi,

Anyone had bought their wedding ring from D&P? I am eye-ing on their Unity range (Platinum + Gold)..May I know anyone know how much will it cost for a pair of it?

Thanks^^

i've set my eyes on a pair of platinum + gold one from their unity range too. tht was in feb and they quote me slightly less than 3k. but when i check last month, price has increased to 3200 - 3400 for tht pair (can't remember the exact price). perhaps u should go n see for urself personally.

buy fast if you can cos the SA said tht the prices will tend to increase after some time.

i've set my eyes on a pair of platinum + gold one from their unity range too. tht was in feb and they quote me slightly less than 3k. but when i check last month, price has increased to 3200 - 3400 for tht pair (can't remember the exact price). perhaps u should go n see for urself personally.

buy fast if you can cos the SA said tht the prices will tend to increase after some time.

oh thanks for your reply preppyrose...I will be dropping by on this or next weekend to check out the price..We can just afford for less than 4k price...so hopefully can get a good deal from D&P =)

Thanks alot ^^

Hi Mandy

My FH bought both the proposal ring and our wedding band from D&P. If you are a member, you will enjoy 10-20% (I forgot the exact number) discount.

I saw from their website, recently there is sales on-going upto 40%...not sure whether for the unity wedding band is entitled for the sales or not....

Besides, I saw from GoldHeart, there is ring from platinum sterling. May I know do you know what is this platinum sterling about? Is it same as platinum?

Cheers....

I saw from their website, recently there is sales on-going upto 40%...not sure whether for the unity wedding band is entitled for the sales or not....

Besides, I saw from GoldHeart, there is ring from platinum sterling. May I know do you know what is this platinum sterling about? Is it same as platinum?

Cheers....

Hi. Just to share. We have bought a pair of True Love series wedding band from DP. There is 15%+5% discount on the item

i'm eyeing a pair there too but got quoted RM 7K + :( way off our budget this one

Just to share.....my hubby and I going window shopping to survey the wedding ring at MV today, ended up with D & P. The SA, Yeeling who served us really patient and friendly, after few hours looking each of the ring she recommended + we choose, finally brought a pair of ring of their unity range, cost less than 4k, but slightly a bit out of our budget. However, we are very satisfied with their service.....especially the SA.

We got 15% disc. Member will enjoy extra 5%. We get a cute ring pillow and diary as free gift, as well as signed up become their member (RM10 for membership 3 years)

wow nice one L33W33, we finally bought our wedding band too yesterday ... RM 2k from Tomei :)

im looking for white gold wedding ring and it seems the cost is very high. i wonder if somebody can suggest a store that i can get low price with this

white gold diamond ring.? help guys....my wedding is coming and i'm still searching for it.

my friend did some research on diamond ring prices and he shared with me the cheapest place to get them is from wah chan. not sure about the quality compared to the more expensive one though

Hi,

I am looking for wedding rings too. As my pre-wedding shooting will be on April 2011, so i got few months time to look around. And i went to Diamond & Platinum last week, met their SA Yeeling. Agreed with L33W33, she is just so patient and nice. I will definately return to her if i choose Diamond & Platinum in the end.

At the same time, i got to learn more from her on how to choose diamonds. There are 4Cs, Color, Carat, Clarity, Cut. The most important is Cut, where most shops will have Good or Excellent Cut (look at their certificate will show). Even if it show Excellent Cut also have to depends on (Propotion, Symmetry, Polish). This 3 got to be Excellent too only can bring a Excellent Cut diamonds with good value. So, ask them give u a small telescope and u look at it yourself. Do not listen to the SA or see the certificate if it show it is Excellent Cut. From your eyes, through the small telescope, u will see if its Clarity (scratches or dirts), Color, Cut (if its Propotion, Symmetry, Polish is Excellent, u will see the lines/cutting is very clear instead of abit blur). If u see its abit blur, mean the Propotion is not good when they do cutting. Hence, it will affect the SHINES of the diamonds. A true good diamonds is very shine.

Also, to share my experience...I went to Habib Jewels too. Saw a diamonds 0.50 Carat at RM8K (with Excellent Cut certificate). Original price tag is RM18K, was told by SA is having sales so its RM8K. Was fall in love to it...till we walked to the Diamond & Platinum, saw a 0.58 Carat at RM10k (with Excellent Cut too). Was confuse on both brands and diamonds. But, one thing i notice, the one at Habib is not that shine when i look at it. But the one at Diamond & Platinum is more shines and clear in cutting. So, i know its delivered the Excellent Cut (with Excellent Propotion, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish), and Habib is just Excellent Cut with merely Good Propotion, Excellent Symmetry and Good Polish only. So, there is different in quality.

So, when come to diamonds, look with your eyes and not just judge it by cheap price to get big carat.

Hope the info may helps..

my friend did some research on diamond ring prices and he shared with me the cheapest place to get them is from wah chan. not sure about the quality compared to the more expensive one though

True, they even advertise that they give Money Back Guaranteed

Platinum itself is a very valuable and expensive piece of jewelry. However, if studded with diamonds one can imagine the price what it is going to be. One surely cannot give a perfect idea to evaluate the price of a particular diamond ring or platinum made wedding ring. Though, one can simply judge with the approximate amount.

Hi,

Anyone had bought their wedding ring from D&P? I am eye-ing on their Unity range (Platinum + Gold)..May I know anyone know how much will it cost for a pair of it?

Thanks^^

QUOTE (preppyrose @ Aug 3 2010, 10:40 PM)

oh thanks for your reply preppyrose...I will be dropping by on this or next weekend to check out the price..We can just afford for less than 4k price...so hopefully can get a good deal from D&P =)

Thanks alot ^^

Just to share.....my hubby and I going window shopping to survey the wedding ring at MV today, ended up with D & P. The SA, Yeeling who served us really patient and friendly, after few hours looking each of the ring she recommended + we choose, finally brought a pair of ring of their unity range, cost less than 4k, but slightly a bit out of our budget. However, we are very satisfied with their service.....especially the SA.

We got 15% disc. Member will enjoy extra 5%. We get a cute ring pillow and diary as free gift, as well as signed up become their member (RM10 for membership 3 years)

Hi,

I am looking for wedding rings too. As my pre-wedding shooting will be on April 2011, so i got few months time to look around. And i went to Diamond & Platinum last week, met their SA Yeeling. Agreed with L33W33, she is just so patient and nice. I will definately return to her if i choose Diamond & Platinum in the end.

At the same time, i got to learn more from her on how to choose diamonds. There are 4Cs, Color, Carat, Clarity, Cut. The most important is Cut, where most shops will have Good or Excellent Cut (look at their certificate will show). Even if it show Excellent Cut also have to depends on (Propotion, Symmetry, Polish). This 3 got to be Excellent too only can bring a Excellent Cut diamonds with good value. So, ask them give u a small telescope and u look at it yourself. Do not listen to the SA or see the certificate if it show it is Excellent Cut. From your eyes, through the small telescope, u will see if its Clarity (scratches or dirts), Color, Cut (if its Propotion, Symmetry, Polish is Excellent, u will see the lines/cutting is very clear instead of abit blur). If u see its abit blur, mean the Propotion is not good when they do cutting. Hence, it will affect the SHINES of the diamonds. A true good diamonds is very shine.

Also, to share my experience...I went to Habib Jewels too. Saw a diamonds 0.50 Carat at RM8K (with Excellent Cut certificate). Original price tag is RM18K, was told by SA is having sales so its RM8K. Was fall in love to it...till we walked to the Diamond & Platinum, saw a 0.58 Carat at RM10k (with Excellent Cut too). Was confuse on both brands and diamonds. But, one thing i notice, the one at Habib is not that shine when i look at it. But the one at Diamond & Platinum is more shines and clear in cutting. So, i know its delivered the Excellent Cut (with Excellent Propotion, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish), and Habib is just Excellent Cut with merely Good Propotion, Excellent Symmetry and Good Polish only. So, there is different in quality.

So, when come to diamonds, look with your eyes and not just judge it by cheap price to get big carat.

Hope the info may helps..

QUOTE (preppyrose @ Oct 22 2010, 02:59 PM)

True, they even advertise that they give Money Back Guaranteed

Hi BTBs

i would like to share my experiences with 3 jewellers with you

My experiences with 3 jewellers

DeGem Bangsar

I went there to resize the ring after proposal. I must say their service is excellent. the workmanship was quite impressive (they use laser for engraving) and the band was very comfortable for my fingers. More importantly, there was no double standard treatment. Was asked to park in the designated DeGem customer lot eventhough i drive a local car. Highly recommend this place for those getting their rings if budget permits.

Wah Chan Midvalley

I was lucky to be treated by a senior in the shop - his name is Alex - I like his honesty and customer service - I got the price down from RM9K++ to RM2K++.

i can tell Alex dont mind giving up abit of his commission to make the sale. i like people like that. but i have to say the quality of the band is quite substandard compared to DeGem. but i am not complaining due to the price factor.

I have to give Alex thumbsup - he gave me everything I requested for - he gave me the discount I wanted, he gave me choices of ring boxes cos i wanted a nicer ring box and he took out all the boxes he has for me to choose. This happened in January 2012.

Yesterday I went back to resize my ring again as i realised the size was a bit tight. Alex was not there and somone else served me. He said that they charge for resizing subsequent to the first resizing. But then since the ring size was not made to fit my size, it wasnt my fault and they resized it for me for FREE. It was done in one hour.

I am impressed with their service despite spending only RM2K+ in this shop.

Diamond Platinum Midvalley

this is the 2nd time we came here (first time in january and was served by a guy. we didnt buy then cos there wasn't any nice ones then). this time we were served by this girl who smiles very sweetly.

we shortlist a few platinum bands for him and finally decided to get the more expensive one since it is the more comfortable one. we negotiated down to RM39XX (after standard discount and also membership discount subject to me becoming a member on the spot)

we requested for more discount but she did not wanna budge from her price as she claimed that her manager does not allow it. i know this just means that she doesnt wanna give up some of her commission. she pretended to go into the backroom to seek the manager's approval and come back with discount of about RM50.

i requested for more discount and she didnt budge. i told her i wanted to speak to the manager directly for discount since she kept repeating that the manager's the one who does not approve any further discount.

she then said that manager is not around and that she contacted the manager from her handphone in the backroom. i told her to contact the manager again for additional discount. she went back to the backroom ( i can see somone inside the backroom but am unsure if that is the manager) and then came back out and said that the manager does not approve anymore additional discounts.

since we liked the band, we went for it. i gave her my card to swipe and waited. while waiting, i saw a nice ring box and requested for the box for the ring we bought. she said the nice box is reserved for those who buys 'a pair of ring' only. i think that was bullshit cos i think i saw a man being served right beside me who bought only ONE ring and was given the nice box. but i cant be sure.

i then said bluntly, if i buy a pair of ring totalling lets say RM3K, i get a nice box, but i buy one ring for RM39XX , i cant get a nice box? she then said 'sorry, the boxes needs to be accounted for and it is the company's policy which she has to follow".

I was very annoyed already at this point but nvm, i continued waiting for my card's confirmation slip.

after my credit card confirmed the payment, she then gave me a form to apply for membership ( this was agreed to cos it entitles me to more discounts if i become a member on the spot ) and then requested for RM10 fee for application for membership - this was not communicated to me at the beginning when we negotiated for the discounts - and i recalled from my January 2012 experience with the guy from the same branch that the RM10 membership fee will be waived if i make purchase on the same day.

she then said that she did mention to me. but i really cant recall. i was realy annoyed at this point. but i had no choice and it was too late cos my card was swiped already and i had to pay cos she wouldnt waive it for me.

i paid RM10 and stated honestly and bluntly that i was not happy cos firstly, i cant even get a nicer box which i know cost nothing to them and still was required to pay RM10 for membership fee.

she said sorry, and her senior who overheard tried to help by repeating that 'boxes needs to be accounted for'. i was already very upset at this point and ignored the senior.

we left the shop and was told to come back at 2 pm to pick up the ring after resizing is completed.

at 1:30 pm, we were called and told that it will take longer than expected and the ring will only be ready at 3 pm. so we waited again.

at point of pickup, i tot they would have wanted to pacify me as a customer and offered a refund of RM10 or the nicer box - but NO - they didnt. so we left.

i will not go back here again. i must say i am dissapointed - as i know that they are related to DeGem. i had such a good experince with DeGem - never in a million years would I expect such service from a related company.

I suppose its just my luck.