babysiew, thank you thank u. It was very easy for us to decide Ulu Yam. We had seen the photos taken in Ulu Yam. We love the majestic lake view at the dam and we love the water fall view too. We were also looking for big empty field with clear blue sky but somehow we could not find it.

winny78, another tip for you if you want your outdoor to be at Ulu Yam. Take your OD during weekday and not weekend. Batu Dam and the waterfall nearby are public area. The place might be a little crowded during weekend. Take leave.

Ya mine will be a weekday but if i am not mistaken, BS will charge extra to go to Ulu Yam right? and it will be another day photo shooting liao... means 1 day ID and another day OD... correct ar? I am not sure LV will charge additional or not...

Wah.... like that you have a lot of home work to do.

1. I think you need to be clear with your BS, you don't surprises. Ours, yes. I think it is RM400 extra and they explained to us why. We were clear with them in the begining that we wanted to go to Ulu Yam. 1 day ID and 1 day OD. My ID itselfs 10am - 10pm. Our OD, when we were back to our BS, it was already 4pm.

2. My BS didn't know the best view/scenary at Ulu Yam. That's why we went to Ulu Yam first to look for the best scenary. Did your BS know? If they don't, I think you need to go to Ulu Yam to check it out first. Otherwise, you will waste a lot of time during your BS.

Wow... ur ID itself took one whole day ar... my goodness... hmmm i will check with LV during my gown fitting... see what they say... if RM400 for an extra day its quite worth it isnt it? at least u can rest lor and thoroughly enjoy ur PS sessions...

Hi chongsw,

Was your PG familiar with Ulu Yam? Read from others that if your PG not so familiar, u will need to take lots of time looking for a nice location for the PS etc. Of course, it can be quite adventurous and that your photos will be different from the others who use the same scenery.

Because I have decided to take my OD in Ulu Yam. So, I was just looking around on which places/sights are the most romantic/beautiful.

julyseven

Hi aishiteru,

Did casa charge you extra for Ulu Yam? Because when I told Mr Soo I wanted Ulu Yam in my package, he din say got extra charge etc etc

And also, did you discuss the package if it rained on your OD PS? Will they charge extra? Because I forgot to nego and it's not written on the receipt. Am worried now because my PS is end this month and it's raining quite frequently these days...

julyseven

Hi chongsw,

Was your PG familiar with Ulu Yam? Read from others that if your PG not so familiar, u will need to take lots of time looking for a nice location for the PS etc. Of course, it can be quite adventurous and that your photos will be different from the others who use the same scenery.

Because I have decided to take my OD in Ulu Yam. So, I was just looking around on which places/sights are the most romantic/beautiful.

julyseven

Julyseven,

Nope, my PG wasn't familiar with Ulu Yam. We visited Ulu Yam twice to find the nice location we want before OD.

Hi girls,

If you're afraid of leeches, just bring salt. When you find one stuck on you, NEVER pull them out !! Just pour some salt and it will wiggle off & die... Else, if your FH or PG has a lighter, will do just fine also.

julyseven

Hi aishiteru,

Did casa charge you extra for Ulu Yam? Because when I told Mr Soo I wanted Ulu Yam in my package, he din say got extra charge etc etc

And also, did you discuss the package if it rained on your OD PS? Will they charge extra? Because I forgot to nego and it's not written on the receipt. Am worried now because my PS is end this month and it's raining quite frequently these days...

julyseven

Julyseven,

It rained during my OD. Fortunately, we were closed to the shelter. Gotto wait for about 20 to 30mins. But the view at the dam was even more beautiful after the rain. We loved it. Check the pics I had posted earlier in this thread.

On whether it will rain on the day of your OD. Make use of the internet for weather forecast. www.weather.com is very accurate. If it will rain on the day of our OD, postpone the OD date. Usually they are ok with it.

julyseven,

mine OD on different day so got extra charge about RM 300

but i also never talk to them about the term and condition... leer

Hi all,

I just met one pre-wedding photographer who shoots at Ulu Yam dam few days ago. Nice scenery though. In fact, both place - FRIM and Ulu Yam is highly recommended for those who like outdoor & greenery shots. If you dun wanna go far, come over to Bdr Sunway, right in front of Sunway Resort Hotel. I'm pretty sure u will get plenty of nice shots there too! :o)

William

MY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER

www.my-weddingphotographer.com

i suggest that u get the PG to study the OD place as well. wat v think is great scenario may turn out 'flat' when it's taken as in photo. PG who is trained in photography should know this better.

for my own OD, it's the PG who bring us here n there. n v paid additional rm500 for it!

Hi aishiteru,

julyseven

Julyseven,

I've checked www.weather.com for you. It's scattered thunderstorm in KL from 3 - 12 May. End of May, no info yet.

I also thinking of just FRIM or Ulu Yam... and i feel Ulu Yam is better cos it is natural... FRIM is a controlled environment... so i feel Ulu Yam will have nicer scenery... and the dam somemore... very beautiful... frens been there said very nice... vast green green space and blue blue sky haha...

sigh... now i really worries la...

coz weather forecast showing Sunday got thunderstorm.

reason i choose ulu yam because i like the clear waterfall scenery.

if not raining but the water become yellowish and dirty also will spoilt

the scenery rite...

Thanks for sharing chongsw and angsh... u guys looks fabulous!!! Ulu Yam really looks great!

Usagi, my BIL has not taken his PS... taking this month... will let u know the outcome ya

hi babysiew,

mind to help me to get some news from your BIL who is the SA serving him? are they nice n friendly?

Hello. Anyone can tell me the exact direction to Bt Dam? Is it on the wat to Ulu Yam or reached Ulu yam?

Shld i follow the old road which follow selayang, rawang... or the new road which follow the bukit-bukau way after Bt Cave? thanks.. :)