Sign in to follow this  
elyn

Sleep tight

Any tips to help us sleep tight and well at night? I have not been able to sleep well since last few months. I went to sleep very early about 9++ but could not sleep tight. I feel very tired in the morning and my dark eye circles getting bigger :( I am very alert at night and once I wake up, I cannot sleep back although I am very very tired.

Have u tried the common remedies like exercising, warm milk or reading? Are you excited over your wedding or are you disturbed over something that is causing the insomnia?

Ya...I attend Yoga classes almost everyday...i did try reading, listening to relax music and aromatherapy..but seems not help lo...i also not sure why ler.....seems nothing to worry for...I went to visit doctor last few days and he gave me 3 sleeping pills to try....but it doesnt help also...i really feel very very tired and exhausted :(

Oh dear! Your problem seems very familiar like mine. I also have trouble getting back to sleep after being awake which happen every night. The thing is, i know my problem is due to stress at work. I have no problem sleeping in the weekend. You have to find the source of your problem.

There's a certain kind of music call alpha wave music. It will induce the alpha wavelength in our brain which make us go to subconscious state. Very good to have this music on when you go to sleep as it helps you relax and trigger your brain to relax.

Fluene, where can I get the music? do you know what exactly is the name of the album? i will try to get one and see if it helps.

elyn,

I think you also need to find out what is the root cause also leh.. I am having this type of problem too. But I guess, this is mainly due to I have too much things to think of.. So, when i couldn't sleep, I just try not to think of all those stuff loh.. Like watching tv etc..

Elyn, I got my alpha music CD from Mid Valley. You know the CD shop just outside Carrefoure, opposite Blooming florist? Forgot the name of the shop already. There are many varieties. You can choose from piano, air instruments, string instrument, nature, etc. Don't confuse with spa musics. They are different. You have to look carefully. They will state 'music theraphy' or 'alpha music'. Do you know the symbol for alpha? I can't write the alpha symbol here.

I know its a lot of work, but if you have too much on your mind when you're trying to sleep, you need to get that thing out of the way. My method is to keep a notepad and pen on my bedside, and write the stuff down. If its a list of stuff to do, I'll write it down and I won't worry about forgetting abt them in the morning. If its emotional, I also write them down to vent...

Sometimes I plain can't fall asleep because my brain had been idle all day... so I exert myself through exercise (run, lift weights, kickboxing, biking, etc). I also try to start small projects in my life to keep my brain active (write a book, paint the bathroom,etc) Sudoku works too!! :D

i would try

1. investing in a better bed. We got a new bed coz all one was past its expiry date and now, we enjoying sleeping so much more..... :)

2. if you can, try a relaxing, hot/warm bath with lavender oil that calms you down before you go to bed....

3. warm milk

4. check room temp, sometimes if the room is too hot/cold i tend to make u very often....even when i have fallen asleep.

i agree.. room temp is very important.. keep the temp a lil' colder than ur normal waking hours cuz when u fall asleep, u'll feel warmer than usual :P

Sigh... after reading this thread i had insomnia last night! haha! Can't sleep and had to roll around till 4am... hopefully i get tired enough to sleep tonight!