babysiew

Yes! I Got The Permit!

mine reno is to seal up my back portion. So instead of open air back yard, im sealing the whole thing up and convert to a back kitchen. No extention la.

Need permit ar?

pls tell me no.... im gonna be dead broke.. ahhahahaha

Babysiew, congrats on getting your permit. HomeDec starts tmr at KLCC. HB and I are going, are you?

i am so happy... i yearn to be a mummy! i wanna feel my tummy expanding, i wanna vomit, i wanna have morning sickness, i wanna feel all the feelings a mum feels...

Hmm..tell me again this sentence when you're preggie and vomiting all your gastric juice into the toilet bowl ok?

May... my backyard is also open air... then i am also sealing them up and convert it to be a kitchen... it is consider as extension of the existing building as in ur original floor plan, that area has no "building"... So u need to apply permit from whichever Majlis that governs ur area... sorry to give u this bad news...

Ya peipei... we r going to the HomeDec tomolo at KLCC...

Oh peipei, if only u understand the yearning that i have pent up, then u wont doubt my sentence haha :)

Or when you are in the delivery room. :P

Anyway Angie, great to hear about your happy news. Have fun renovating!! :D

i am so happy... i yearn to be a mummy! i wanna feel my tummy expanding, i wanna vomit, i wanna have morning sickness, i wanna feel all the feelings a mum feels...

Hmm..tell me again this sentence when you're preggie and vomiting all your gastric juice into the toilet bowl ok?

omg.... sigh..... another 2k... :(

oh well... gotta save harder now...

who was your contractor.. can share his quote? since its almost the same things we are planning to do

my email is maywong_mc@hotmail.com

what time are you gals going to home decor tomorrow?

any tips? Should we sign up for those so called special packages there?

May, my contractor is my hubby's subcontractors... my kitchen extension (10 X 22) is going to cost us around RM8k only or less as some of our raw materials such as roof tiles are sponsored by a well-known supplier... quite happy with that... my hubby was given free cement, steel bar and stuff like that too but he refused... instead, he is going to offer a very low price for those materials... better pay something to obtain them than not paying anything at all... :)

Our ceiling gonna be L-box plaster ceiling, the plasterer also my hubby's subcontractor... tiler also his subcontractor... we went and saw the tiles 2 feet X 2 feet tiles is only RM8! very cheap compare to outside market... and the workmanship, they only gonna charge the general worker's salary... no profit watsoever... electrician, plumber, all also his subcontractors... they r quite nice to be willing to do work for us at a very low price...

We dont get a quotation... my hubby just told his subcontractor... 1 week no gaji... makan minum rokok he pays... the rest free... haha :P I dont dare to recommend any subcontractor to anyone becos i have not see the workmanship... i personally feel that i shld only recommend good stuff to ppl... i am so sorry... if u can wait like 2 mths, i will be able to tell u their workmanship, how much we spend and contacts... so sorry again... but then again, i believe the price they r charging u will not be the same with the price they r charging us... so sorry...

To be exact, its rm2,224 to be paid to MBSA... u r in Kota Kemuning right? so its MBSA... good luck!

By the way, if ur electricity is single phase, u can upgrade it to three phase... normal price is rm2,250 and currently TNB is giving promotion until 31 May 2008 for only rm900 if u wanna upgrade! u shld upgrade if ur electricity is more than rm300 or u r going to have 4 aircon at home... i personally feel shld upgrade to benefit from the offer... when the offer lapses, rm2,250 is quite high liao... but u must also make sure ur developer's main cable is three phase wan la... then only can upgrade... can go www.tnb.com.my to check it out!

hope it helps!

MPAJ, u need to get an architect to endorse the drawings for u right? for MBSA, dont need that... thats one thing good...

Yes we need a drawing form the architect but as what i meantioned the RM1.5k is all inclusive coz they actually have the so called "template drawing" u just need to pay and purchases from them :blink:

Baby,

Congratulation!! Really happy for you and we can be neighbor soon :P

Wah, u got so many special offer le ... 2' x 2' tiles only rm8/pc?! Where can buy wit this price at the market now... U really can save a lot from all these special offer. Good!

May,

I also did back extension and apply permit from MBSA. If not mistaken permit cost rm1k (with standard drawing tat u can buy at MBSA) and is refundable after renovation if u fullfill their requirement but i cant get the refund cos did extension to max (required must left min 1' land). Beside tis permit, u need to pay for the tong sampah also (small - few hundreds & big - rm1k). You can call them and check for more details.

Actually the rm8 per pc is the normal price... the supplier said we can choose any tiles and minus rm1 from each pc we purchase hehe... very happy with all the bargains...

Yday HomeDec lagi banyak bargains!!! we have listed down wat we wanted and going to pay deposit on Sunday...

Ya ya J&S, we can be neighbours soon! very excited!

Hi baby,,

Must be very excited to plan for d new hse ya.. :) If I am not mistaken, I saw u and hubby in Homedec ystday looking at matress or bed.... Wanted to go and say Hi, but seems odd.. Ystday me n HB spend almost d whole day in Homedec.. 12pm till almost 8pm... of coz in btween break for makan la.. Indeed, there's lots of bargain in homedec...

ya kah!!! we were there from 1pm to 8pm hahaha very tired!!! hungry like mad cow... sunday going back again oh... shld come say hi ma hahaha... i nvr seen u be4... so i cant recognise...

May, my contractor is my hubby's subcontractors... my kitchen extension (10 X 22) is going to cost us around RM8k only or less as some of our raw materials such as roof tiles are sponsored by a well-known supplier... quite happy with that... my hubby was given free cement, steel bar and stuff like that too but he refused... instead, he is going to offer a very low price for those materials... better pay something to obtain them than not paying anything at all... :)

Our ceiling gonna be L-box plaster ceiling, the plasterer also my hubby's subcontractor... tiler also his subcontractor... we went and saw the tiles 2 feet X 2 feet tiles is only RM8! very cheap compare to outside market... and the workmanship, they only gonna charge the general worker's salary... no profit watsoever... electrician, plumber, all also his subcontractors... they r quite nice to be willing to do work for us at a very low price...

We dont get a quotation... my hubby just told his subcontractor... 1 week no gaji... makan minum rokok he pays... the rest free... haha :P I dont dare to recommend any subcontractor to anyone becos i have not see the workmanship... i personally feel that i shld only recommend good stuff to ppl... i am so sorry... if u can wait like 2 mths, i will be able to tell u their workmanship, how much we spend and contacts... so sorry again... but then again, i believe the price they r charging u will not be the same with the price they r charging us... so sorry...

To be exact, its rm2,224 to be paid to MBSA... u r in Kota Kemuning right? so its MBSA... good luck!

By the way, if ur electricity is single phase, u can upgrade it to three phase... normal price is rm2,250 and currently TNB is giving promotion until 31 May 2008 for only rm900 if u wanna upgrade! u shld upgrade if ur electricity is more than rm300 or u r going to have 4 aircon at home... i personally feel shld upgrade to benefit from the offer... when the offer lapses, rm2,250 is quite high liao... but u must also make sure ur developer's main cable is three phase wan la... then only can upgrade... can go www.tnb.com.my to check it out!

hope it helps!

Hi babysiew,

i was told by my relatives that to do a backyard extension (11 x 20) cost around rm20k! how come urs one only rm8k? confused....

Cheesy... i alredi explained at ur thread hehe... cos my hubby is in this line... he has a lot of subcontractors to work for him for a cheaper price... we bought our own materials and they supply workers at a very low rate per day... and my hubby has his own general workers... weekend they come over to work... so its time vs cost lor... renovation is slower this way as its not turnkey by a single contractor... different trade we using different ppl and we organize ourselves the sequence of work...