meiteoh

All about sewing

i saw a girl selling rm90 fora sewing machine.

it can be manual or letric.. but i wonder will it last ..

i'm a beginner..

Rojak, i still have not figure out how to do the head part.

i only know the simplest " sew by the side" and get a flat doll.

Don't think it will work unless it is an old second hand machine. I think it is those mini sewing machine. I have one too. Can sell to you RM50 if you want. But, it won't work. Might as well get a real sewing machine

Tesco sells sewing machine. Brand name is Global. Not sure if it's good, go check it out. I saw it at Tesco @ Kepong Village Mall.

These are the fabrics I bought in Nippori Textile Town in Tokyo. Could have buy more but my colleague (guy) who came with me looked so bored so I just took a few and cabut.

IMG_3702.jpg

Very nice oh! u shud have grab more ah

These are the fabrics I bought in Nippori Textile Town in Tokyo. Could have buy more but my colleague (guy) who came with me looked so bored so I just took a few and cabut.

IMG_3702.jpg

ahhh .. you still in Japan oh .. go go .. must buy more, cos the textile print very nice oh!

Sure will Ling! Will go there and buy more tomorrow. Will be going to Mt. Fuji today :)

Those are very lovely fabrics Fluene. :)

Should aim for the typical linen/cotton kawaii prints. :)

Update on the polyfill, I found them liao. XD

The dress patterns are very easy to cut and sew. But the chinese brocade fabric is very difficult to deal with. It keeps on fraying although I've serged it. Btw, I meant one each for the girls. He he!!

This thread is a bit quiet these days.

I think I can 'graduate' to using a better sewing machine. I have my eyes on Brother NV50. Anyone using it? Any review?

Thanks!!

hahah yawor .. this thread so quiet eh!?

I stop sewing for a long long time and now into hair accessories DIY =P

Maybe I can start sew some dress for Violet eh!? mmm .. hehehe but now my time is more more limited >.<

Am using Brother LS-2160 for normal sewing is just okie =)

NV50 ah .. wow wow!!! yaya .. anyone using? review review =)

I am now into sewing curtains and blinds for my new home. A curtain shop quoted me RM7k + to sew curtains for my new house. Crazy. So now i DIY all the curtains and roman blinds. Quite pleased with the result. I saved more than 70% of the cost if I get teh curtain maker to make them. That's why thought use the saving to get a new and better sewing machine. Hahaha!

How do you think Brother's sewing machine? Good?

fluene,

wow!! great!! really I do notice if self-DIY can save a lot. Maybe I can go into it when we want to change the curtains =P by the way, how to sew the blinds? which type?

My Brother's sewing machine is for beginner like me and for basic usage, I found it okie and satisfy =) hehehe and it costs me less than RM550 =D really satisfy.

I too stopped sewing for a while to focus on my knitting and dyeing. Will be picking it up again and working on some cloth diapers and toys.

I don't really do massive sewing for my curtains - just simple folds and sew across, then hang with clippers. :p

No comments on a sewing machine as I'm using an old hand-me-down from the 70s.

fluene,

wow!! great!! really I do notice if self-DIY can save a lot. Maybe I can go into it when we want to change the curtains =P by the way, how to sew the blinds? which type?

My Brother's sewing machine is for beginner like me and for basic usage, I found it okie and satisfy =) hehehe and it costs me less than RM550 =D really satisfy.

I sew Roman Blinds. Show you the pic some other time

ahhh I love roman blinds but .. easy to sew ma? if yes I would like to give it a try and change my house curtains to this style, especially the bedrooms' piece .. I just takut I cannot make it rite ah

Ling The dress is ok lah. Not ugly at all. But violet seems to be a bit puzzled by the dress. He he!! Sewing is easy isn't it?

fluene,

okie er? hahaha but the workmanship so lousy la =P

she doesn't like the dress at all, kept on pulling it

err .. I don't have the sewing skill so I just do whatever I think is rite but yet is wrong =P