Cake or Cupcake?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

team_cullen,

I see I see.

Mine ya? cherry blossom is the theme thus they make the mini cupcake with 2 small cherry blossom for me =)

BenAiLing2001.jpg

Fondant is cute but it is sweet =) but so far my guests are impress with this mini cupcake =)

Hi beautifulgown,

Could you share with me which baker did you order ur cupcakes from? am looking for a cupcake vendor currently, thanks!

I'm from Kuching =)

now the baker charge RM1.30 per mini cupcake oled, this is his blog http://loveydoveycupcakes.blogspot.com/

team_cullen,

I see I see.

Mine ya? cherry blossom is the theme thus they make the mini cupcake with 2 small cherry blossom for me =)

BenAiLing2001.jpg

Fondant is cute but it is sweet =) but so far my guests are impress with this mini cupcake =)

Hi beautifulgown,

Could you share with me which baker did you order ur cupcakes from? am looking for a cupcake vendor currently, thanks!

So sorry! I didn’t visit this thread in ages! I didn’t know that Audrey doesn’t do deliveries anymore. Heard that she just gave birth. Maybe that explains. My cuppies were very simple, not so pretty as some of yours :lol: . You can view them here http://yummiesbyaudrey.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-in-focus.html ---> mine’s the last one.

She charged me at this price:

150 kiddy vanilla cupcakes (upgrade to souffle cup)

frosting - 75 with vanilla frosting coloured maroon

- 75 with chocolate frosting

deco - ivory swirl rose with silver balls

TOTAL: RM360 (inclusive of transport to somewhere in PJ -- my friend picked it up so they arranged the place. I forgot to ask where!)

She might have increased her prices ho…

hi gals, i found another baker that can do cupcake pop at about RM1 each and willing to give discount if i order more, i'm thinking of ordering 200. they own a shop called snowflakes in selayang mall. i emailed her some cupcake photos i like from bakerella and she's supposed to send me the details today. will keep you gals updated when i know more. but sounds like a good deal to me.

hi gals, i found another baker that can do cupcake pop at about RM1 each and willing to give discount if i order more, i'm thinking of ordering 200. they own a shop called snowflakes in selayang mall. i emailed her some cupcake photos i like from bakerella and she's supposed to send me the details today. will keep you gals updated when i know more. but sounds like a good deal to me.

Hi Yvon, what is cupcake pop ah?

Yunarie,

wow, that's cheap.

I did the cupcake pop before.. but not easy lor i can say...

then the lollipop stick is not cheap also...

Hi Yvon, what is cupcake pop ah?

You must mean Yunarie. :lol: But anyway, cake pops are cakes shaped into balls then attached to a stick to look like cupcakes. Samples can be found here: http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/

On the other hand, cupcake pops are cake pops decorated as cupcakes! Like these:

http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cupcake-pops/

So cute right? I like!! :wub:

Yvon

haha sorry sorry. mistaken jor.

yaya i meant yunarie. :P

wow really cute woh.

Yunarie..pls do update ur contact for us.

truly interested. can order for birthday party for my hb nephew :P

davinci,

no la..not my mum. is student's mother, she sell home bake cake.

cupcake is one of her favourite.

BG,

gold dust ? expensive ?she told me the gold color 'xi' word is printed icing with a very thin layer.

i thought it is only colouring wor.. aiyo.. if that is really gold dust, then i'm really very lucky. i make 50pcs only. she charged me not more than RM150.

:)

davinci,

no la..not my mum. is student's mother, she sell home bake cake.

cupcake is one of her favourite.

i make 50pcs only. she charged me not more than RM150.

:)

haha sorry..recently i really something wrong. :P

wow..that's make rm3/- per pc. consider cheap ler since ur cupcake very fancy. lucky u.

didardi,

gold dust is expensive, just a small bottle can cost up to RM30+ or RM40+ but of course 50 cupcakes will not use that much, but it is an expensive and beautiful thing if you put with gold/pearl dust.

yes yes, I can see the gold color 'xi' is printed, I don't know how much it costs but if for us (in Kuching) we want this service we need to get it from KL so is cost + postage = not cheap =P

I can see she did apply some gold/pearl dust onto those flowers thus you can see the color is differ and more glittering =) you can get RM3 per piece is really cheap, in Kuching I need to sell at RM4.50 for big size cupcakes, medium size need RM3.50 - RM4.00 if using gold/pearl dust. =D

didardi,

gold dust is expensive, just a small bottle can cost up to RM30+ or RM40+ but of course 50 cupcakes will not use that much, but it is an expensive and beautiful thing if you put with gold/pearl dust.

yes yes, I can see the gold color 'xi' is printed, I don't know how much it costs but if for us (in Kuching) we want this service we need to get it from KL so is cost + postage = not cheap =P

I can see she did apply some gold/pearl dust onto those flowers thus you can see the color is differ and more glittering =) you can get RM3 per piece is really cheap, in Kuching I need to sell at RM4.50 for big size cupcakes, medium size need RM3.50 - RM4.00 if using gold/pearl dust. =D

Oh MAN ! I'm very LUCKY ... cause i'm not that familiar with bakering. only know frondant, cream icing sugar ..

she told me usually she sell ard rm4-5 per cupcake. i didn't know she will charged me at cost after when i asked for amount & ready to pay her.

i'm really very lucky...

thks for ur infor. :)

Yunarie..pls do update ur contact for us.

truly interested. can order for birthday party for my hb nephew :P

gallery_8892_422_9358.jpg

They did a sample for me last week and quoted me with RM1.60 per ball + RM30 delivery, I think I'll be using them. My wedding is on this Sat, will come back later with comments and stuff later.

They did a sample for me last week and quoted me with RM1.60 per ball + RM30 delivery, I think I'll be using them. My wedding is on this Sat, will come back later with comments and stuff later.

Yunarie,

May I know what are the using for the coating?

candy melts?

gallery_8892_422_9358.jpg

hmmm... it's look sweet..but yummy or not? :P

Yunarie,

May I know what are the using for the coating?

candy melts?

ohh about candy melts...where can i buy it ah? i try to look around those baking shop in cheras & kl..but dint manange to find.

chocolate melts got alot lar.

hmmm... it's look sweet..but yummy or not? :P

don't know if it's yummy, i hope they are lol..will let you gals know aft this sat...

Yunarie,

May I know what are they using for the coating?

candy melts?

they said it's not candy melt. they will be creamy and not too sweet, is candy melt more expensive? or sweeter?

Davinci,

u can get the candy melts at ICCA

http://www.2decoratecakes.com

Yunarie,

then what is it?

I remember last time i make the cupcakes pop..

i cant get the candy melts so i use melted chocolate...

the cakes is so sweet that after my niece took a bite and nobody

want to eat it... so i just took pic of it and throw it away after that... :P :P

i used bakerella recipe ...

Hey ladies, your cupcakes are so lovely! I did not order cuppies for my wedding in the end due to my budget... How nice if I saw meesy-cat post earlier! :p

Finallly my wedding has ended! and I'm glad to say it was a success. Here are some photos of the cake balls made by Christine and Jun Hoe of Snowflakes

gallery_8892_422_1005902.png

gallery_8892_422_304027.png

They are nicely decorated, I wished I had time to have a good look at time during the wedding!!! And they tasted really good too! I'm glad I made the right choice hehe....please check out their website

wow congrats Yunarie!!!

the cake ball looks very sweets ler..very romantic feeling. ^_^

yes they are and they really compliment the hotel's deco, or i shld say they both compliment each other really well, all thanks to christine, jun hoe and renaissance hotel kl!